Getting closer

172 days to go and we will be landing in Orlando at 9:10am!!! I have booked three dining reservations; the Biergarten, Crystal Palace and we also did the Fantasmic Dining Package (dining at Mama Melrose’s). Can you believe when I called the other day they only had one time left for the Fantasmic Dining Package the day we wanted! Yikes!! Time is flying by and we will be at Disney in no time!! I now need to focus on what I want to surprise the kids with ages 1 and 8, our 8 year old has never been. Any suggestions??

When is the trip?

Also, when do you want to tell them? The day of? Upon Arrival?

We pulled the surprise trip…I told them we were going to visit a relative they dont like…when they woke the next morning we were in the resort parking lot.

It was AWESOME, BUT…and its a BIG BUT…We had not had any discussions on rules or guidelines on how to act at WDW, as we had in the past. It took several days for them to know what was expected.

We have a surprise trip planned in 2 weeks. We are going to tell them to get their things together to go to their grandparents. The next day, we are going to tell them that we have to go get the grandparents, as they have had car trouble… he he he. We have to go to WDW to get them! So fun. There are so many ways to plan. What are you thinking about? I would start with letting her watch the planning DVD. Then talk it up as if it will never happen… Then-surprise!

Oh so exciting, whatever you do your 8 year old will just be over the moon! Please let us know how you decide to do it- I love surprises!

WOW… I am so jealous, I can’t wait till that happens to us… are you planning on writing a pre-trip report

You can go ahead and make your ressies for dining?? I am 133 days out…

135 days before we are basking in the sun in WDW. So glad we joined DVC and do the Annual Passes. We probably wouldn’t go down as often, but DVC has made it possible to visit several times a year.

Planning the surprises are so much fun! And no matter the age of the surprise-e, it’s always a priceless moment so be sure to have cameras on stand by! If you YouTube you will see some great (and not so great!) reaction videos that could give you some ideas on how to break the big news.

How about a treasure hunt? Or a pass the parcel type reveal?

A on-holiday surprise could be a BBB or Pirates League experience? Or a hair cut for both children at the Main Street Barber shop! It’s quite the experience!

Yes…you can make reservations 180 days out IF you are staying on WDW property!! I made then 179 days out because I knew what I wanted and we have a larger group for one of the dining reservations so I wanted to book before we couldn’t

[QUOTE=dadofthree;1102077]Also, when do you want to tell them? The day of? Upon Arrival?

We pulled the surprise trip…I told them we were going to visit a relative they dont like…when they woke the next morning we were in the resort parking lot.

It was AWESOME, BUT…and its a BIG BUT…We had not had any discussions on rules or guidelines on how to act at WDW, as we had in the past. It took several days for them to know what was expected.[/QUOTE]

They know we are going…it was a Christmas surprise…we didn’t get the reaction we thought we would get from the 8 year old…he was happy we are going but had the “I knew we would eventually go” attitude…lol

I am looking for a WOW!! when we get there…not sure doing something like an in room surprise or if there is something else they would think was really neat…

I am new to this whole mousebuzz pre-trip report…but I am going to try :blush: