Getting really frustrated with the Airlines

I have signed up for airfare watches to Orlando. 3 times, I have been notified of a fare I’m willing to pay. Each time I’ve logged in on Expedia, gone through the motions, and when I get to the “pay for this flight” page, they up the price by $20-$50. Keep in mind I’m buying 5 tickets. So a $20 price change is an extra $100 on a vacation that is already more expensive than I bargained on.

I’d try Price Line, but the rates are the same unless you name your own price, and NYOP does not allow you any control over flight times.

I’m not signed up anywhere however I’m find the same issues with airlines…it says starting at a certain price. But when I click that on it takes me to a list flights none of which are that price…instead they are at least $50-100 more for the starting price…

Very frustrating…I’ve decided to use a friend whose a travel agent this time…

try Cheapoair.com. I got what is a really good buy for my area.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1111062]I’m not signed up anywhere however I’m find the same issues with airlines…it says starting at a certain price. But when I click that on it takes me to a list flights none of which are that price…instead they are at least $50-100 more for the starting price…

Very frustrating…I’ve decided to use a friend whose a travel agent this time…[/QUOTE]

it’s the airport tax and other fees that they don’t divulge up front :wink:

STAY AWAY from Spirit, that’s all I know for sure ! ! !

I thought a new bill just passed where they now have to include all taxes and charges in the advertised price. Or was I in dreamland again…

-H

Cavey I can understand your frustration, airfare is completely out of control right now. The prices seem to be sky high no matter where you are flying to and now the fees for everything! Extremely frustrating!

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1111083]STAY AWAY from Spirit, that’s all I know for sure ! ! !

I thought a new bill just passed where they now have to include all taxes and charges in the advertised price. Or was I in dreamland again…

-H[/QUOTE]
They may have passed a bill but have you ever seen a bill being enacted immediately, huh?

Yes, spirit seems to be lacking spirit! From what I heard about recently… That and the 100 carry on baggage fee( if you decide at the airport that it is a carry on). Seriously!

Good point, I guess only if it benefits those who must be kept…

-h

Expedia includes all taxes and fees. It’s just by the time I fill out all the pages and click “Book It,” the airline says all seats at that price have been sold. The only thing is, the seats HAVEN’T been sold. They just upped the price.

Class action suit is in order. That’s baloney. I wonder if 6-2-6 has something to add

I so understand your pain. I have been lured in and then I go to book and the price diff is too much.

Your frustration is exactly why I have opted to drive again. It’s only me and my daughter and I can still drive cheaper than fly - yes, even with the gas prices. I am actually driving down with a GF of mine and her daughter who will be staying at Pop. We are saving even more splitting the gas money. I don’t care how long it takes to get there. I am not spending that much to fly…blah to the airlines and their $#%#$ charges. Charging for carry-ons, luggage, air and whatever else they think they can charge for. The seats in the car are free. So THERE airlines!

This trip coming up, is just me and the kids so I would be the only driver and they have no passenger etiquette, not even the 18 yr old. So if I get sleepy, no one is keeping me up. LOL

I understand that. I won’t allow anyone else to drive. I must be in control of the car. My GF hates to drive, so that is why she is going…lol I did it straight through down and back last summer and intend to do it again except this time I’m leaving at midnight. I’ll be in WDW by dinner…lol

So driving from here to anywhere involves hours of boredom as you drive across the prarie. How is the view from your place to Disney?

-H

[QUOTE=GrumpyDad;1111336]So driving from here to anywhere involves hours of boredom as you drive across the prarie. How is the view from your place to Disney?

-H[/QUOTE]

I sooooo agree with you Harry, although you have a bit to look at in very Southern Illinois on I55 as you locate and dodge massive potholes. We were so thankful to be driving that part during the day. Some were so deep, it really would have destroyed a car if you hit one.

Look, I’ve driven to Florida 6-7 times. It’s a 17-hour drive to WDW. I don’t WANT to do it again. I’m willing to pay a few extra dollars to let someone else get me there.

One trip, everyone was asleep at 3am. I pulled into a rest stop somewhere in Florida to get an hour of rest. No sooner had a closed my eyes, when DD wakes up and throws a fit because I’m not driving. Man, that was miserable!!!