Getting to WDW from Rosen Shingle Creek

DH is supposed to be going to Orlando during my birthday week this fall for a work related event. I am considering traveling with him even though I’ll be on my own for the majority of the time. I figure I’ll spend some time tanning by the pool, but I’d like to take a day and go to Disney World. My question is how should I get there? I googled this question, and I saw one answer that said taking public transportation was the answer, which I am not opposed to, but it looks like the schedule could make that tricky. What do y’all think about a cab? I’ve never taken a cab anywhere in my life. :blush: :laugh:

I would take a cab. We stayed there on a split stay with hubbie’s work too. It is about a 20-25 minute drive. Not bad at all… really a straight shot. I had a car, and had no idea where I was really going to get to that resort. I got myself to I-4, then getting to Disney was easy (I did know my way around there). Cab definitely. I am not sure that I ever saw public transportation there (not that I was looking)…
Have fun- It was totally worth the 10 minute drive to WDW. it is also on the same exit as universal, but we are total disney freaks about the whole thing…

On a side not- the kids and I decided that we did not like going to WDW without my DH, but we could sorta sacrifice. We also decided that we did not like staying of property, but it was much better than not going at all…

Take the cab- It will be worth it.

Thanks, hanwill! I’m not completely decided that I will go, but it seems as if a cab would be the best way to get to the parks for a day. If I do go, it will be without the kids, and that’s not making them happy. I also wonder how much I would enjoy the parks alone. I’ve always said I would jump at the chance to go do whatever I want for a day at Disney World, but now that the opportunity has presented itself, I’m wondering if I’d feel lonely and guilty. I still could hit Orlando with DH and just relax for a day or two. It’s not like I ever get to do that at home. :laugh:

NOW HEAR THIS… Go to the World and loose yourself for a couple days. I would love to be able to do a couple of days to see all of the little things I miss having someone with me. I know I would look at things closer.

As to tranportation, Have you spoken w/ the front desk where you will be staying. And if there is no formal transportation by the hotel the concierge(sp) might be able to help if they reserved a van for another group. You might save a few $$$$ on one leg of the trip.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1066671]NOW HEAR THIS… Go to the World and loose yourself for a couple days. I would love to be able to do a couple of days to see all of the little things I miss having someone with me. I know I would look at things closer.

As to tranportation, Have you spoken w/ the front desk where you will be staying. And if there is no formal transportation by the hotel the concierge(sp) might be able to help if they reserved a van for another group. You might save a few $$$$ on one leg of the trip.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: I know, I really NEED to go loose myself for a day or so. I haven’t spoken with anyone about any of these plans except for all of you. :happy: I’m really just trying to decide if it’s feasible. I don’t want to buy a plane ticket and take days off from work if all I’m going to do is hang out in a hotel room by myself all day. DH probably will not have any time to be with me, but he wants me to be able to take a day or two for myself because I never have any down time just to do what I want to do. This is a good way for me to be able to do that since the room will be paid for and I’m not sure I’d want to sleep in a hotel room alone anyway.

I might try to call the resort and see what I can find out. I’ve only looked at their website. I’m excited to think I might get to plan a day in the World to myself.

[QUOTE=missymouse;1066676 but he wants me to be able to take a day or two for myself because I never have any down time just to do what I want to do. This is a good way for me to be able to do that since the room will be paid for and I’m not sure I’d want to sleep in a hotel room alone anyway. [/QUOTE]

Sounds like the GREEN LIGHT has been given. Make it official and finish plans today.

I would go even if only for a day. It will be hard to be that close and not go. If only for one day, I would not feel too guilty. We missed my dh while he was working but he wanted us to have fun. I say take advantage of it!!!

Missymouse,

When in the fall? If it’s during the days we are going to be there, we could meet up for a few hours and then it wouldn’t be one mom on her own, but two moms taking a break together. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=jen9804;1066782]Missymouse,

When in the fall? If it’s during the days we are going to be there, we could meet up for a few hours and then it wouldn’t be one mom on her own, but two moms taking a break together. :)[/QUOTE]

I would LOVE that (and Lily would be green with envy that I got to meet you and your sweet family)! Most likely the 3rd week in October. DH hasn’t gotten definite dates just yet, so it could change. The dates are tentative right now. Let me know when you are going to be there. :happy: