Getting to wilderness lodge

what is the quickest way to get from the BCV to WL? We have ADR at 6:45, will probably take a cab home, but what is the quickest way to get there and how long will it take?

Bus to Magic Kingdom then Boat/Bus to WL
Boat/Walk to HS then Bus to WL
No sure how long it would take, if your pressed for time then cab would be faster.
Good luck
Donna

I would take a bus to MK then the boat to WL. The boat dock for WL and FW is directly in front of MK. Some trips we’ve found the two resorts sharing a boat and other trips they have two different queues for two different boats. Allow at least an hour to be safe.

If you’re at the Beach Club, I would consider walking through Epcot and taking the bus directly from there. I think that might be fastest, though I can’t quote a time accurately.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it:happy::happy:

This would be my first thought OR walking to DHS. As noted in another post, the walk through Epcot is easy if you have a hopper pass and are in the parks that day. Otherwise, a short walk to DHS won’t burn an admission day (plus the bus pick-up area is relatively close).

[QUOTE=PeterMac;1002865]If you’re at the Beach Club, I would consider walking through Epcot and taking the bus directly from there. I think that might be fastest, though I can’t quote a time accurately.[/QUOTE]I realize it’s all a matter of opinion and preference, but I don’t think this would be faster than waiting at the Beach Club bus stop for a Magic Kingdom bus.

The reason I say this is that distance can be deceiving. It is, and I’ve measured this, almost exactly a 1 mile walk from Beach Club to the Epcot bus area. A nice walking pace is 3 miles per hour, so the walk will take you 20 minutes, plus any delays for bag check, getting through the turnstiles at International Gateway, and navigating the crowds inside the park itself.

PLUS, going through Epcot will require an admission ticket. If you don’t have a park hopper ticket, then you can’t enter any other park that day. If you don’t plan on doing a park that day, then you waste one day’s admission just to walk through Epcot without “using” the park. Of course, if you have an Annual Pass, then none of that matters.

But it’s stuff to consider … :flowers:

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1003099]I realize it’s all a matter of opinion and preference, but I don’t think this would be faster than waiting at the Beach Club bus stop for a Magic Kingdom bus.

The reason I say this is that distance can be deceiving. It is, and I’ve measured this, almost exactly a 1 mile walk from Beach Club to the Epcot bus area. A nice walking pace is 3 miles per hour, so the walk will take you 20 minutes, plus any delays for bag check, getting through the turnstiles at International Gateway, and navigating the crowds inside the park itself.

PLUS, going through Epcot will require an admission ticket. If you don’t have a park hopper ticket, then you can’t enter any other park that day. If you don’t plan on doing a park that day, then you waste one day’s admission just to walk through Epcot without “using” the park. Of course, if you have an Annual Pass, then none of that matters.

But it’s stuff to consider … :flowers:[/QUOTE]

well, well, well…interesting

[QUOTE=CleveRocks;1003099]I realize it’s all a matter of opinion and preference, but I don’t think this would be faster than waiting at the Beach Club bus stop for a Magic Kingdom bus.

But it’s stuff to consider … :flowers:[/QUOTE]

WOW! You measured the walk from Beach Club to the Epcot bus area? Now that is dedication. Do you work for one of the guide books?

Nope, I just have fun with it. I use a runners’ website that uses satellite photos to measure running routes.

But I do have to add something to my earlier post. I forgot that the goal was to get to Wilderness Lodge, not to Magic Kingdom. Of course, once at Magic Kingdom via bus from Beach Club, you’d have to take either a bus or boat to Wilderness Lodge. This, of course, adds time to the process, amking the walk through Epcot, PURELY from a TIME perspective, as good as if not better than my earlier advice.

However, if you don’t have the park ticket to burn or you’d like to avoid walking a mile, then my earlier advice stands.

It just goes to show you how many angles there can be to a deceptively simple question, eh? I guess we’ll all have to make the trip now and post times so we can settle this for good!:laugh: