GF and the Disney Parade show

Just saw the Disney Parade Show on ABC. When did they film the Celine Dion songs they showed from the Grand Floridian. IMPRESSIVE!!!

Frank

Did you happen to notice how wildly varied the sky was on some tosses from the flagpole circle to the hub?
It’s almost as if they weren’t shot at the same time, the same day, or even in sequence.
(Almost? That’s exactly what happened. It’s all shot out of sequence!:laugh::pirate:)

>>Did you happen to notice how wildly varied the sky was on some tosses … That’s exactly what happened. It’s all shot out of sequence<<

We were there on a day when they were filming and it was really dreary. My wife and I were wondering if they somehow added the blue sky to some of the shots. Hey, it’s Hollywood <g>.
All in all, I enjoyed this year’s parade.
The GF looked gorgeous. That had to be pretty neat to be there during the filming.
I wish I could get my wife to go on the Disney Cruise line. She just won’t.
Frank

yeah I watched some of the Disney Infomercial… ummm … I mean Parade. It was nice to see main street!

the whole time i watched i thought i was watching an infomercial. especially with kelly ripa’s commentating. it was so scripted with no emotion. at least she could have “acted” excited. i was pretty disappointed.
celine dion was filmed friday the 4th. the actual parade was supposed to film the 5th and 6th but they postponed it because at least on the 5th it rained really bad. good thing because i was there that day and it wasn’t very crowded!!!

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1009766]the whole time i watched i thought i was watching an infomercial. especially with kelly ripa’s commentating. it was so scripted with no emotion. at least she could have “acted” excited. i was pretty disappointed.
celine dion was filmed friday the 4th. the actual parade was supposed to film the 5th and 6th but they postponed it because at least on the 5th it rained really bad. good thing because i was there that day and it wasn’t very crowded!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah I know what you mean about Kelly Ripa… I love her but she was to high on info and low on magic! Actually everything/one was. But I always love the buildings on main street.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1009744]Did you happen to notice how wildly varied the sky was on some tosses from the flagpole circle to the hub?
It’s almost as if they weren’t shot at the same time, the same day, or even in sequence.
(Almost? That’s exactly what happened. It’s all shot out of sequence!:laugh::pirate:)[/QUOTE]

True, but I have to say the weekend we were there the weather was THAT WACKY! :laugh: We’d leave AKL sunny, no rain, only to get to MK with BLACK clouds and scattered showers, to sunshine . . . to rain . . . to sunshine. For December in FL the weather was “out of sequence” for sure!! :laugh::laugh:

I was at the taping for the Celine part of the show. It was taped on Friday, 12-4. We were at AK and it was raining. We decided to go to GF to see the gingerbread house, and saw all the people. We found out that it was for Celine and decided to stay. We were there about 4 1/2 hours. During that time they were setting up the stage and balcony for her songs. She sang each song 3 times and on the balcony song, we heard a tape of the song so they could get audience shots. It was a great surprise to see her.

[QUOTE=nubeanie;1009766]the whole time i watched i thought i was watching an infomercial. especially with kelly ripa’s commentating. it was so scripted with no emotion. at least she could have “acted” excited. i was pretty disappointed.
celine dion was filmed friday the 4th. the actual parade was supposed to film the 5th and 6th but they postponed it because at least on the 5th it rained really bad. good thing because i was there that day and it wasn’t very crowded!!![/QUOTE]

Because of how Kelly Ripa didn’t do a good job I turned it off. I could not stand it. How could they put this on the air?

My understanding was that Kelly didn’t even show up until Saturday or Sunday. To film her part of the show. The part where Nick Canon was suppose to be speaking to Kelly, she wasn’t even in Florida. She did a terrible job.

Even the kids picked up the deal with the sky. It was very clearly and obviously being digitally enhanced to make it blue!

[QUOTE=fjs08;1009746]>>Did you happen to notice how wildly varied the sky was on some tosses … That’s exactly what happened. It’s all shot out of sequence<<

We were there on a day when they were filming and it was really dreary. My wife and I were wondering if they somehow added the blue sky to some of the shots. Hey, it’s Hollywood <g>.
All in all, I enjoyed this year’s parade.
The GF looked gorgeous. That had to be pretty neat to be there during the filming.
I wish I could get my wife to go on the Disney Cruise line. She just won’t.
Frank[/QUOTE]

They totally messed with the colour of the sky for the parade. We were at WDW during the filming, not in MK, but the sky was definitely NOT that colour that day. It was gray and overcast and rather chilly.

They moved her inside the GF due to the weather. She was actually supposed to be filmed in MK by the Castle but due to the torrential downpour that never let up all day, they cancelled the filming of the talent for that day but you can’t really tell Celine Dion to come back tomorrow.

I agree, she was awful. I Tivoed it because we had to leave part way through and haven’t even bothered to watch the second half. I hope Disney finds someone else next year.