Give a day and AP question

I had a question about the free give a day get a day ticket.

Can you use that towards an AP purchase? If so how does it work?
Since we will be staying at Ft.Wilderness and cant get any package promos i thought i may invest in a AP. Does anyone know if there are discounts to be found for FW?

i thought the website said no cash value…you can use it for a fastpass instead of a free day at the park if you want

I thought the value was equal to one day admission

Program Terms & Conditions
Receive free admission* to one of the theme parks of Walt Disney World® Resort or the Disneyland® Resort when you sign up and complete a day of volunteer service with a participating organization.
You must sign up for eligible volunteer opportunities for the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” program through this site. Participation in volunteer activities outside of this sign-up process does not qualify for a free ticket.
Ticket quantities for this program are limited.
One ticket per person, regardless of the number or hours of volunteer service completed.
The program begins January 1, 2010 and continues until tickets are distributed or December 15, 2010, whichever occurs first.
Eligible volunteer opportunities are located in the United States, including Puerto Rico, or Canada only and you must have a residence in the United States, Puerto Rico or Canada to sign up.
You must be at least 18 years of age to sign up, and you may sign up a maximum of 8 additional members of your same household. Children must be at least 6 years of age to volunteer under this program and receive a theme park ticket. Children ages 6-17 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian when volunteering. Other age restrictions may apply to certain eligible volunteer opportunities.
Volunteer opportunities are posted a limited time in advance of the date of opportunity.
Volunteer service must be verified.
Once verified, you will receive an email with instructions on how to print a voucher to redeem for the free theme park ticket. Please print the voucher and present it at the designated will call ticket window at Walt Disney World® Resort or a ticket booth at the Disneyland® Resort, along with valid photo ID, to redeem for your free 1-day, 1-theme park ticket. Your voucher for a free ticket to enter one of the Disney Theme Parks may be redeemed through December 15, 2010, and must be redeemed and used on the same day. Valid ID is one of the following: valid Government Issued Passport, valid Driver’s License including a photo, or valid Government Issued Photo ID. For children under 18 who do not have any of the previous listed IDs, a copy of a Birth Certificate is acceptable. School IDs or children security IDs are not deemed Government-Issued Photo IDs and will not be accepted.
The theme park tickets distributed under this Program will not be valid for use on the following dates:
For Walt Disney World® Resort: March 29 - April 8 and July 4, 2010
For the Disneyland® Resort: February 13-14, March 21, June 21-22, July 4, November 21, and December 11-12, 2010.
Tickets are non-transferable.
If you are an Annual Passholder or a multi-day ticket holder, you may choose from one of 3 options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket. No cash refunds or credits will be provided. See the FAQs for full details.
Vouchers must be redeemed for tickets or Passholder and multi-day ticket holder options, as applicable, by December 15, 2010. Theme park ticket must be used on the same day as redemption.
The program’s eligible volunteer opportunities are made available solely by or through HandsOn Network (“HON”), Points of Light Institute and their affiliates. Disney is not affiliated with HandsOn Network, the Points of Light Institute or any of the volunteer opportunities available under this program, and shall not be liable for any damages, injuries, losses, claims or expenses of any kind resulting from the volunteer opportunitiesor any activities related thereto.
Subject to these terms and conditions, tickets may be obtained under this program by (1) signing up for an eligible volunteer opportunity in 2010 at a participating organization from this site and completing such volunteer service, or (2) signing up with HON, with Southwest Airlines or though the Disney VoluntEARS program to participate in a volunteer activity that is later designated by Disney as a volunteer activity conducted in conjunction with the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” Launch or Tour and actually participating in and completing such activity, or (3) receiving and accepting an invitation from HON to participate in a volunteer activity that is later designated by Disney as a volunteer activity conducted in conjunction with the “Give a Day. Get a Disney Day.” Launch or Tour and actually participating in and completing such activity.
These Program Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.

May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?
Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

May I use the value of the free one-day ticket toward the renewal of my Annual Pass or Passport?

Yes, the value of the free ticket may be used to renew your Annual Pass or Passport within the applicable renewal window. You are responsible for any additional costs owed and no change or refunds will be given.

Can I use the free ticket to attend special events at a Disney Park (i.e. Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, etc.)

No. The tickets are only valid for theme park admission during normal Park operating hours and are not valid for any special events that require an additional fee.

thats a great deal for the AP…!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1016834]May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?
Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

May I use the value of the free one-day ticket toward the renewal of my Annual Pass or Passport?

Yes, the value of the free ticket may be used to renew your Annual Pass or Passport within the applicable renewal window. You are responsible for any additional costs owed and no change or refunds will be given.

Can I use the free ticket to attend special events at a Disney Park (i.e. Mickey’s Trick-or-Treat Party, Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party, etc.)

No. The tickets are only valid for theme park admission during normal Park operating hours and are not valid for any special events that require an additional fee.[/QUOTE]

Thank you. This is what i was wondering. So basically take the value of the ticket and subtract the AP and that how much it is to upgrade?

That is what it sounds like to me. However, I don’t knw that the “value” of a one-day admission. It might be valued differently because it is being used toward a larger ticket. In other words, the cost of a single day (what you are entitled to for your volunteer service) is valued very differently as a 1-day ticket than it is as a day on a 10-day ticket. I do not know what the credit amount would be.