Give a Day Get a Day Question

Has anyone received and used their ticket for this promotion? We have done our volunteer hours and are starting to plan our fall trip. We have gotten conflicting answers when we call. I was originally told that the price of one full days admission would be applied to our multi day pass. Then my Dh was on the phone and he was told we would only receive the difference between the sixth and seventh day price which would be a few dollars. I am trying to budget and with 5 passes it would make a big difference. Thanks for any info you may have.

It should be the price of a one day pass not the few dollars difference. If it is the few dollars the. Just use the one day pass a buy another pass for the rest of your trip. However, I really do think you get the full credit.

This is what I found…

May I upgrade my free one day ticket to an Annual Pass or multi-day ticket?

Yes, you may upgrade the free ticket to another ticket type of greater value within the applicable upgrade window. However, you are responsible for the incremental cost and the new ticket may only be used by you. No changes or refunds will be given. The value of the free ticket may not be used to combine or upgrade with a separate single or multi-day ticket.

FAQs | Give A Day Get A Disney Day | What Will You Celebrate? | Disney Parks

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or an Annual Pass or Passport, is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

* Disney's FASTPASS® Special Exchange Cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party. †
* A Special Ear Hat figurine with unique trading pins‡
* Donate your free ticket to one of the select non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks

Our travel agent from Mouseketrips said that when using it to upgrade to a multi day pass, it is only worth a few dollars. He recommended using it for the fastpass option.

Seriously, most of the info above is wrong. It’s not surprising to get wrong info when calling Disney, because the cast members answering the phones are reservationists … they are not trained in the fine details of all WDW policies. It’s a darn shame when a travel agent gives wrong info, however.

Please believe me that what I’m about to write is the truth. It’s not a guess, it’s not my opinion, it’s informed fact.

Fact:
A Give A Day Get A Day ticket is EXACTLY THE SAME as a regular 1-day base ticket that you would buy at the ticket window.

The only difference is that a GADGAD ticket is valid only on the day you receive it (by exchanging the voucher). If you buy a 1-day pass at the ticket window, you could put it in your pocket and not use it until 5 years later, but a GADGAD ticket MUST be used on the day you receive it.

Okay, take a breath, there’s more … :laugh:

A GADGAD ticket absolutely can be upgraded exactly like a regular 1-day ticket is upgraded. If you have a 1-day ticket, you have the full value of that 1-day ticket (gate price of $79 + tax) for upgrading purposes. In other words, if you have a regular 1-day ticket you purchased, and you wish to upgrade it to an 8-day ticket, you have $79 worth of credit towards that upgrade, not just the $3 that the 8th day would cost.

It’s exactly the same with the GADGAD ticket. It has $79 + tax worth of value towards upgrading. I promise you, this is 100% accurate information.

It’s important to note, however, that UNLIKE a regular 1-day ticket you’d purchase, a GADGAD ticket can be upgraded ONLY on the day you use it. If you wait 'til the next day, it is totally worthless. A purchased ticket has a 14-day window from the date of first use in which you can choose to add to it or upgrade it. But a GADGAD ticket can only be upgraded on that same day you’re using it.

I know it sounds wacky that some stranger in New Jersey is jumping up and down and trying to get you to believe him over a travel agent and over an actual Disney employee, but that is exactly what I’m doing.

I’m not right about a lot of things (just ask my wife! :eek:), but I know for a fact that I am 100% right with all of the above information. Not a guess, not my opinion … 100% verified fact.

Thanks for the info…i am hoping for free dining which means I have to book tickets with it, but these can only be redeemed there so I had hoped to buy one day and then upgrade with the free ticket once there but it did’t sound like that was an option.

Found out some really good news from others that just got back. If you qualify for the Armed Forces Salute Tickets, 4 days for $99, you can also apply your GADGAD tic to that which would only end up costing you around $20 for the 4 days. Decisions, decisions. When we go this summer do we do the 4+1 free for $99 or the 4 for $20 + adding the water park add-on for an extra $25 for our 5th day?

I heard that they reached the 1000000 people and it is over/…

I want to upgrade my Get a Day ticket to a FL Season Pass (the one with blackout dates). If I tried to use my Get a Day ticket during one of the Season Pass blackout days, do I forfeit my opportunity to upgrade? Thanks!

well yes and no. If you have already given service, or have signed up to do so, then you can still use your voucher. But if you haven’t signed up to do service then you missed it as no more volunteer opportunities are available under this program.

[QUOTE=ATinkatheart;1025606]This is what I found…

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or an Annual Pass or Passport, is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

* Disney’s FASTPASS® Special Exchange Cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party. †
* A Special Ear Hat figurine with unique trading pins‡
* Donate your free ticket to one of the select non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks[/QUOTE]

Received an email and phone call today from Disney reps that has thrown a loop into part of our groups plans.
Apparently, according to the CM I spoke with the FP option is only good on 1 day/1 park per group, not per person. In other words if a family of 4 goes using any type of multi-day pass and are wanting to take the FP option and each has a GAD voucher, ONLY 1 in the party may use that option. The rest have to use the extra day or take the figurine.

“Why” I asked, and was told because if they allowed everyone walking in the door to use the FP option, even if it were on different days, with each getting FP’s for up to 6 in their group then the FP line would out number the stand-by line. This is how they are choosing to control that:blink:
(someone please tell me they’ve gone already and were all able to use them all week)
Ok, that sort of make sense but when I received the email the impression I got was they’re really not wanting to push the FP option, esp after the CM on the phone kept going on about the figurine.
Idk, it could just be me but the imo discouraging email response: The number of FASTPASS exchange cards issued per day is limited and may not be available after 11am. The number of attractions the exchange card is valid for may change based on a number of factors and therefore is unspecified. Details can be given upon arrival. :huh:

Well phewy, I don’t want to wait till arrival to figure out if i’m going to need an extra day or if the FP option would be worth it. Hmmm… feeling like Ellen while bouncing to the tune of Jeopardy–I think i’ll take the extra day for 1,000 Alex!:laugh: