Give a Day Get a Day

Sorry if this had already been addressed, but I can not find it anywhere. For this promotion I know that you can exchange your ticket for a fastpass for up to 5 people. Does anyone know if it is one of the all day fastpasses or is it only good for one ride? Thanks!!

i am not sure but I cant wait to find out!

We are planning on using this option too, since we have already purchased park tickets. To my understanding it works just like the Fastpasses issued for the Free Birthday Day last year.

This is how this was explained on another board by someone who used it recently.

"If this promotion is like the birthday promotion we got these fastpasses on the 20th of December so they are pretty fresh in my mind.

If you have a multi-day pass or a season pass you can go into the guest services building to the left of main street. They will give you a voucher that you’ll have to take to the kiosk where people meet for the tours. You will have to show them all your entrance passes for each person in your party. .

At that kiosk they will take your voucher and print you out actual fastpasses. The fastpasses have your first name on them. For example we got them because they were for my dad’s bday and his name is William so they said “Happy Birthday William” on them.

The fastpasses come in strips of 3. There are two types of fastpasses I think one was Donald’s favorites and the other was Daisy’s favorites. Each person in my party got 2 strips of fastpasses. One strip of 3 for Donald’s favorites and another strip for Daisy’s favorites. So essentially you get 6 fastpasses for each person in your party."

I hope that helps. I think that will be great. Anything to speed up some lines plus you can always use the “regular” fastpass option in addition to these “special” ones.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1011722]We are planning on using this option too, since we have already purchased park tickets. To my understanding it works just like the Fastpasses issued for the Free Birthday Day last year.

This is how this was explained on another board by someone who used it recently.

"If this promotion is like the birthday promotion we got these fastpasses on the 20th of December so they are pretty fresh in my mind.

If you have a multi-day pass or a season pass you can go into the guest services building to the left of main street. They will give you a voucher that you’ll have to take to the kiosk where people meet for the tours. You will have to show them all your entrance passes for each person in your party. .

At that kiosk they will take your voucher and print you out actual fastpasses. The fastpasses have your first name on them. For example we got them because they were for my dad’s bday and his name is William so they said “Happy Birthday William” on them.

The fastpasses come in strips of 3. There are two types of fastpasses I think one was Donald’s favorites and the other was Daisy’s favorites. Each person in my party got 2 strips of fastpasses. One strip of 3 for Donald’s favorites and another strip for Daisy’s favorites. So essentially you get 6 fastpasses for each person in your party."

I hope that helps. I think that will be great. Anything to speed up some lines plus you can always use the “regular” fastpass option in addition to these “special” ones.[/QUOTE]

Thank you!! Are they for certain rides or can we choose which attraction to use them on?

My understanding is that there are 2 different categories. I think one level is the most popular Fastpass rides and the second are the not as popular. You get 3 passes for each category, per person in your party. In any case, this is bound to save valuable time. Especially, if you are going peak time. We are going over Halloween, so the crowds won’t be bad, but going to the front of the line is always great!

Wow, I was not aware of this! This is good news.

I too think that it works like the birthday fastpass. We have APs and we opted for the fastpasses instead of the gift card. There are two categories that you can choose from. Each category has three rides in it. I can not recall what those are at this time. I do know that we used it on Peter Pan since the wait is always crazy.

sounds cool!! That is good, that they give you another option, we are volunteering and then donating the tickets though!

does anyone know if you have already bought your tickets and then you do the give a day get a Disney day, do you get the money off or what?

[QUOTE=LittleMissTink;1011772]does anyone know if you have already bought your tickets and then you do the give a day get a Disney day, do you get the money off or what?[/QUOTE] i think its fast passes or free day. Maybe a pin option as well. I dont think you get money off

No money off. There are 3 options-

1. get a one day pass
  2. donate your ticket
  3. receive the fastpass.

If you purchase multi-day tickets at WDW can you apply the day pass price to your ticket purchase?

ok thanks!

[QUOTE=mommyof2;1011811]No money off. There are 3 options-

1. get a one day pass
  2. donate your ticket
  3. receive the fastpass.[/QUOTE]

gotcha! thanks!

We finished our volunteer service today. We had such a great time making blankets for Project Linus.

We’re doing it with the GS troop! Hopefully this will help with the trip they want to take with the cookie money . . . we’ll see! They need to do community service anyway (and the do) so we thought this would be a fun reward for them.

Thats awesome and you are close enough to bring the girls there :slight_smile:

You can use the value of the day’s pass to upgrade your ticket or purchase an annual pass.

I am having such a hard time finding one in our area! There are a million listed & about 75% of them say “0 volunteers needed as of…” I ignored that & tried to sign up anyway but it rejects me, there on weekdays when we can’t take off work, or they are just too far away.

I hope they update more soon.

I hope so, too, Jess!!!