Give a Day with AP

Hello

Our family made blankets for Project Linus and had such a great time. I thought it would be just me and my friend doing all of the blankets for both families but all the kids and even husbands pitched in! It was awesome!

I just printed out the vouchers for our give a day get a day promotion. Does anyone know specifically how the fast pass works? How many rides do you get to use the fast pass on? I assume it differs at each park.

Has anyone done this lately?

Thanks

[QUOTE=disneymom;1019871]Hello

Our family made blankets for Project Linus and had such a great time. I thought it would be just me and my friend doing all of the blankets for both families but all the kids and even husbands pitched in! It was awesome!

I just printed out the vouchers for our give a day get a day promotion. Does anyone know specifically how the fast pass works? How many rides do you get to use the fast pass on? I assume it differs at each park.

Has anyone done this lately?

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Do you mean how do you use the fastpass with the Give A Day voucher ticket? I’m not sure I understand the question but let me see if this is what you meant…

Once you print your ticket from the computer, you take it to the ticketing station or the turnstile at the parks where they will trade it out for an actual ticket (I’m not sure how they handle ticketing at WDW compared to DLR, with DLR you can do it at either the main gate or the ticket booths), once you have your ticket, it works the same as any other ticket with the fastpass system. With Fastpass, once you get a Fastpass ticket, you are required to wait a certain amount of time between each Fastpass ticket you get, I think its like 1 hour between each ticket, that way it ensures everyone has a fair chance at getting various Fastpass Tickets. There is no limit on how many Fastpasses you can get, as long as you wait the required time in between each ticket you receive.

Did that answer your question?

I believe that at each GS window at each park, there is a set number of fast pass coupons on a sheet of paper (like the dream fast passes during Year of a Million Dreams) for that particular park… anyway, each one would be designated for a certain ride but with no time listed. You hand over that pass and enter through the FP line.

That said, it does say something along the lines of “selected rides” which might mean that not all the big-demand rids are included.

I have seen an official list of the rides, but I hope it’s the obvious ones – M:S, TT, Soarin at EC; EE, Dinosaur and Kilmanjaro at; RnRC, ToT and TSM at MGM; PoC, Splash, Space, BTMRR at MK…

Thanks Anaheimboy but I am interested in the fast passes that you exchange your voucher for because we already have APs.

I was wondering if you get a fastpass for all of the big rides or if it is only for some of them.

I heard that for each voucher you get a fastpass for you and up to 5 members of your family. Each fastpass will have 3 major rides and 3 minor rides on them. It sounded as if it would be something like a perforated ticket, and you can only do each ride one time. I’m hoping to use mine for fastpasses, but am not going for 62 more days…is anyone going to try to use the vouchers as FP before then??? I’l like to know for sure.

This is exactly my question. I would love to hear from someone who has actually used this option.

We printed off 5 vouchers and are planning to use one at each park for the fastpasses and then trade one in for the Mickey statue with the pins. I’d love to see a picture of that statue too.

Thanks for posting this question. Let’s hope someone has an answer!!

Me too. I would love to hear from someone who has actually used this recently!

Hopefully someone will answer!

[QUOTE=jen9804;1019958]This is exactly my question. I would love to hear from someone who has actually used this option.

We printed off 5 vouchers and are planning to use one at each park for the fastpasses and then trade one in for the Mickey statue with the pins. I’d love to see a picture of that statue too.

Thanks for posting this question. Let’s hope someone has an answer!![/QUOTE]

I think we’ve all explained the exact same thing, so it probably is the answer you are looking for… unless you are trying to find out a list of the exact rides included?

I will be going next week. I am planning on using the FP deal with my volunteer pass. I will let you all know how it works.

Yes, I’m hoping to know which rides and how they determine which people qualify as additional family members. My dd is staying in a connecting room with her grandparents because our room only sleeps 4 so I am concerned she may not get a fp on our voucher.

I’m just anxious to hear a first-person account of how it works so that I know what to expect.:happy:

[QUOTE=jen9804;1020079]Yes, I’m hoping to know which rides and how they determine which people qualify as additional family members. My dd is staying in a connecting room with her grandparents because our room only sleeps 4 so I am concerned she may not get a fp on our voucher.

I’m just anxious to hear a first-person account of how it works so that I know what to expect.:happy:[/QUOTE]

Your daughter will count as a family member.

I will let you all know as soon as I get back. I may bring my Netbook to let you all know.

Thanks Jenna. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it at every park. IE, I may not use it for AK.

Just trying to plan to the fullest to get the most of my time over spring break!

[QUOTE=disneymom;1020164]Thanks Jenna. I am trying to figure out if it is worth it at every park. IE, I may not use it for AK.

Just trying to plan to the fullest to get the most of my time over spring break![/QUOTE]

Yes, thanks, Jenna. I have the exact same feeling as Disneymom. It will really help to know which attractions the FP will be good for. If Expedition Everest or Kilamanjaro is available it would be worth it for AK. Same with Rockin’ Rollercoaster for Hollywood Studios.

Looking forward to hearing your report!!

We are planning on using ours for the fastpass as weel.

My plan is to use my sons one day and get 2 additonal passes. Then use my wifes another day and get 2 additonal passes. And use the last one for the statue.

I found this on another site and I thought it was extremely helpful!

What is a Birthday/Give A Day FASTPASS Exchange Card?
One kiosk will always be open for FASTPASS Exchange Card users As part of the “What will you celebrate?” theme in 2009, if you attended a Disney park on your birthday and did not need to take advantage of the free 1-day base ticket, you could opt for a special Birthday FASTPASS card for you and up to 5 other guests with you. In 2010, this was changed to be a part of the Give A Day, Get A Disney Day (GAD) promotion. If you have other questions about the GAD promotion, see our FAQ page.
To get the FASTPASS Exchange Cards, your entire party must be present when you redeem your voucher at the Will Call window at the park, and they must have their park tickets with them. The person redeeming the voucher must have at least a valid multi-day ticket and a government issued photo ID (a copy of a birth certificate is acceptable for a child under 18).

The FASTPASS Exchange Card takes the form of a card that would be inserted into the FASTPASS kiosk instead of your park ticket, and would give you a FASTPASS with a Return Window that starts immediately. These cards do not give an unlimited number of FASTPASSes, however, and they are only good at the park at which you received the card and only up until the regular park close time at the end of the day in which you received it.

The FASTPASS attractions are divided into two groups. The most recent known list is as follows, but is subject to change. You will receive a list of the attractions with the FASTPASS card:

Magic Kingdom
Donald: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
Daisy: Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Mickey’s PhilharMagic, Stitch’s Great Escape!
Epcot
Donald: Soarin’, Test Track
Daisy: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Living with the Land, Maelstrom, Mission: SPACE
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
Donald: Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Daisy: Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Animal Kingdom
Donald: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
Daisy: Dinosaur, It’s Tough to Be a Bug, Kali River Rapids

In general, you will get between 2 and 4 FASTPASSes per card from each group. The number can vary by park and day, but there is no known way to predict it. 3 seems to have been the most common number. If it is 3 on that day, what you get is three FASTPASSes for any combination of Donald rides, and three FASTPASSes in any combination of Daisy rides. You do not choose them in advance - you choose by putting the Exchange card into the kiosk of the ride you want.
The easiest way to think of it is to consider that you have X Donald credits and X Daisy credits on the card. If you go up to a Donald attraction and put the card in the kiosk, you will get one immediate FASTPASS and use one Donald credit. You can use all the Donald credits at the same attraction, or spread them out among other Donald attractions.

Even if all the regular FASTPASSes are gone, you can STILL get an immediate FASTPASS using your FASTPASS Exchange Card - usually there will be one kiosk left open for this purpose. In some cases, all the kiosks may be covered - in that case, please let the Cast Member at the entrance know and they should be able to get the FASTPASS for you.

This only applies up until regular park close. If there are Evening Extra Magic Hours, there is no guarantee you will be able to use the Exchange Card at any particular attraction.

Note that using the FASTPASS Exchange Card in no way affects your being able to use your regular park ticket to get regular FASTPASSes. You can use both independently, and your ability to get FASTPASSes with your park ticket follows the same rules as always as to when you can get another FASTPASS.

Thanks for posting this. This was VERY helpful!

OK, this is interesting, but I still have questions for the class… probably pretty dumb ones.

Let’s say I present my AP and voucher at the window and let them know I am traveling with my daughter and we want to use the FP option. Will they give us two Donalds? Or will it be that I might get a Donald and she gets a Daisy? It would really be no fun to get separate sets of FPs if we can’t ride together. Or am I reading this wrong and it’s really that each member of your family gets one of each card? that might be, as clearly the Donald cards have the blue-chip rides, and the Daisy cards have the secondary rides, if you want to call them that…

Signed, Confused in Jersey :laugh:

I took it to mean that each person (the person who volunteered and up to 5 others) get one FP that has both the Donald and the Daisy FPs. I agree with you that it would be no fun to get different FPs from the other family members.

Disneymom, what site did you get this info from? I have more questions on this subject. For instance, if I decide that I don’t want to use any of the Donalds at a particular park, but my Dad wants to go with my family to that particular attraction, can he use my FP ticket, or is it attached to my particular ticket? Just curious.