Glow with the Show coming to WDW October 15th

I don’t think this has been posted yet, but don’t know for sure, so sorry if this is a repeat. Glow with the Show ears are coming to WDW on October 15th. I found a link on youtube of the premier from Disneyland, and can’t wait to get my own pair when we are at WDW in May!

Fantasmic! Glow with the Show Premiere in HD 8/28/2012 - YouTube

Here is the article from Disney Parks Blog:

?Glow With the Show? Ears Coming to Walt Disney World Resort This Fall Disney Parks Blog

I cannot WAIT to get my hands on those awesome ears!! Thanks for sharing the video…so cool! I’m almost afraid I would spend the whole show watching the ears:laugh:

I’m tempted to buy them, but do you think disney would change the frequency every yr, so you have to buy new ones?

…remember the pins that glowed or lit up rather when you were in certain attractions and places in the park? We don’t usually buy into that but we did that year…:happy:

Supposedly the ones from DL work at WDW, so I don’t think they would do that.

Too bad, it’s just a tad too late for our trip this yr. Guess we’ll have to wait until we go with our DGS in the spring.

DW and I saw these last year in DL during the World of Color show. They were impressive.

Do you remember what the cost of the hat was? My whole family wants to join the fun and I am trying to figure out the budget for adding these to the souvenir list. And do they sell them right at Fantasmic!, or do you need to find a store with them before you attend?

on allears it says they will be $25 and sold at serveral spots in MK and HS.

Sorry, no. I don’t recall the price. However they were selling a lot of them. You could see them glowing and changing colors all around the viewing area.

What do the hats do without a show going on? Do they still glow in one color or are they just “off”?

…if it’s anything like the pins that were activated in the parks, then you turn it on by a button and it glowed—but didn’t flash intermittently or as one little child in the park at the time said—“hey–the lights on my pin are getting all excited!!!”… until you were in a certain place or during the parade…

Is this a limited time thing or something they would continue doing?

I’m not a hat person to start with so I wouldn’t get them for me, but I’m beginning to think “hmmm carry these hats around all day for 15 min show”. Now if I did the parks in the morning, went back to the resort for a time and came back in the evening. That’s a different story.

Just thinking out loud, what about dark rides…haunted mansion for example, would the oooooooo feeling be ruined because there are now 50 glowing ears around you?

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1137730]I’m not a hat person to start with so I wouldn’t get them for me, but I’m beginning to think “hmmm carry these hats around all day for 15 min show”. Now if I did the parks in the morning, went back to the resort for a time and came back in the evening. That’s a different story.

Just thinking out loud, what about dark rides…haunted mansion for example, would the oooooooo feeling be ruined because there are now 50 glowing ears around you?[/QUOTE]

Hmmm–all I know about the hats are what’s been posted here so I can’t really comment about them…but I can tell you that the pin (I need to find mine and post a picture here) would activate all day long whenever you were in a certain spot or ride or watching a parade etc—yes it did activate during HMR…but it was not that bright that it displayed all over the walls or anything—not sure how distracting the hats would be.

I wouldn’t wear a hat around all day or night for that matter…I only wear a hat in the sun because I feel I should …

Edit: I should add that the pin was of no use after you leave WDW—it would not glow on it’s own so—I don’t know if the hat will be the same…it really was just a fun thing to do—while there but—we only bought one----

I have never tried one of these types of Mickey Ears hats…to be honest, I don’t know if it would work on me (I have BIG hair). Do they have to be pinned on? I prefer the headbands…wish they would do a few in that style.

Aw crap!:angry:
This means I’ve got to do Fantasmic again! :mad:
Maybe I use this as the excuse to get the 3D lens for my camcorder, but still…
Aw crap, I have to shoot Fantasmic again.:nonono2:

I feel like a party pooper, but based on that video I’m not crazy about them. :frowning: It looks kind of distracting… I’d rather watch the lights that are part of the show than watch hats around me light up. I realize the video is taken at an angle to show off the ears… but I just keep picturing myself in the middle of the stands, trying to watch the show, and the ears on the head in front of me keep lighting up in my face. :blink:

I can see your point. Similar to have everyone holding a phone/camera to record fireworks.

I agree (says the guy who records fireworks).
OK, here’s some counters though. In the far, wide shots from the back of the house, the flashing ears will contribute to the recorded image, much as all of the people taking flash pictures of the stage 200 feet away. (You do know that your strobe only lights up about 5-10 feet in front of you, right?)
As for holding my camera, I don’t.:laugh: I use a tripod and am comfortable looking at the live action and at the viewer panel on the camera and switching between.
But, unlike many of you, I have actually lost count of how many times I’ve seen all of the shows and parades both with and without cameras.
On nights I don’t tape, I’m able to just watch and enjoy being able to take in the entire panorama with my naked eyes. And that is very very different than watching the restricted view your camera lens allows. We’re talking being able to take in 200 degrees at once. As in being able to stand on Main Street with the castle directly in front of you and still be able to see the Crystal Palace AND the entrance to Tomorrowland all at once.