Going 7/1-7/7

Hi, all,
I’m new to the board, and have some questions. I’ll be going with DW and 2 DD-ages 7 and 10. I’ve heard from friends that they were told to avoid MK on Mon. in the summer, but they didn’t know why-do any of you? Also, should we avoid the parks due to crowds on the 4th, or is it no big deal. We were considering going to a water park that day, and going to MK or Epcot for the fireworks. We’re staying at CBR-can we see the fireworks from there? Lastly, anyone know what park hours will be at that time? Thanks for bearing through all my questions.:slight_smile:

I’ve heard from friends that they were told to avoid MK on Mon. in the summer, but they didn’t know why-do any of you?

I believe that Monday used to be early entry day at the Magic Kingdom, so that guest staying on property were allowed in early to the Magic Kingdom. Early entries always lead to a more crowded park, and I would guess that in the summer time, when all the parks are crowded, the addition of early entry just made it more so.

Also, should we avoid the parks due to crowds on the 4th, or is it no big deal. We were considering going to a water park that day, and going to MK or Epcot for the fireworks.

Definitely, don’t miss the parks on the 4th. It will be crowded for sure, one of the busiest of the year, but Disney goes out of it’s way to do special things for the 4th. There is usually a special Illuminations and other special activities that aren’t available during the rest of the year, especially around the American Pavillion in EPCOT. I wouldn’t miss the 4th in the parks if I were you. Usually, if there is a choice between an overcrowded theme park, and an overcrowded water park, I would rather wait in line for an hour at Splash Mountain than an hour for a water slide.

We’re staying at CBR-can we see the fireworks from there?

I would guess that you can see some of Illuminations from there, but the majority of Illuminations is on the ground, so you will miss that. They may have additional fireworks for the 4th though. You won’t be able to see any off the other fireworks from there though.

Lastly, anyone know what park hours will be at that time?

Actual park hours are not announced until about six weeks before the date, and changes can be made after that. Based on the last couple of years, this is what I come up with: Magic Kingdom is open 9-11 each day, EPCOT is open 9-9 each day, except for the 4th, when it is open until 10, Animal Kingdom is open 8-7 and Studios is open 9-10:30. Illuminations is at EPCOT park closing each night, Fantasmic is performed twice nightly, at 9 PM and at 10:30 PM, and Fantasy in the Sky will be at 10 PM each night, except for the 4th, when it will be at 9 PM so as not to conflict with Illuminations.

Good luck, and have a great trip.

Thanks for the help.