Going to an info session a semester early?

I was planning on going to a CP info session this October at my school, because I know for sure that I want to do the CP Fall 2010 and I was looking forward to talking to someone face to face, getting some questions answered, etc. But now I’m wondering if going to an info session when I don’t plan on applying that semester might be frowned upon… Anyone have any thoughts about this? I’d hate to break the rules right off the bat. :pinch:

Thanks. :heart:

I would suggest going to it. My sister did the program and she actually applied twice, but due to family things going on (I got married and she was my maid of honor), she had to turn it down the first time around. They told her at the time it was fine and she wouldn’t be penalized when she applied again. She went to the info session the next semester and applied and got in. So I really don’t think there is anything wrong with going to get some info. It will make it look like you’re really interested! Good luck!

I was hoping it would come across as being interested, and not just taking up question & answer time that other people who CAN do it this semester could be using. Thanks! :happy:

Also, if I may ask… how did your sister like her CP?

She loved it! :wub: Her program was from January to June of this year. She has one year of college left, so she had to come back to finish, but really just wanted to stay down there and keep working for Disney! She said if it had been her final semester, she would have stayed. She has always wanted to work for Disney, so this was a good way to get a feel for it and know if it’s actually something she would want to do. She would love to work for them after college. After you finish the cp, you are given the option of staying on as a seasonal worker and she stayed on. This means she has to work 40 hours a year and is still considered a Disney employee. So, she has to go and work for a week there, but still gets all the perks of being an employee (free admission, discounts, etc.). She is actually going over Christmas break and getting her 40 hours in. I’m totally encouraging her…one more excuse to go to Disney, I have to visit my sister! :ph34r: I know several people that have done the program and none of them came back disappointed. Actually, 2 of them didn’t come back at all! :laugh: I’m sure you’ll have fun doing it.

Awesome!! :happy: I’ll be graduating May 2010, so for Fall 2010 I can just focus on the CP… and hopefully stay afterwards! I talked to a few CPers I saw around the parks on my last Disney trip and ALL of them said they absolutely loved it. It sounds like a really great program. I’m excited!

Thanks for the help! :heart:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;995509]I was planning on going to a CP info session this October at my school, because I know for sure that I want to do the CP Fall 2010 and I was looking forward to talking to someone face to face, getting some questions answered, etc. But now I’m wondering if going to an info session when I don’t plan on applying that semester might be frowned upon… Anyone have any thoughts about this? I’d hate to break the rules right off the bat. :pinch:

Thanks. :heart:[/QUOTE]

There are no problems with doing that. Just tell them when you get there that you are really interested in doing the program next semester. They will be glad you attended and be happy to answer any questions.

Great to hear! Thank you! :heart:

It’s not against the rules! Go ahead and go! It’ll help you out a lot. When I was looking into the program I was going to go to a presentation before I was even IN college! But I never had the chance. lol. I have researched this program for years and still don’t have some of the answers! I say if it helps you, DO IT! Its Disney, they aren’t going to yell at you or treat you like you don’t belong! If anything, I think it shows good initiative that you want to be prepared and aware of the program in advance!

I’m doing the CS in Spring and then going to college in the fall. Then following thru with the CP’s. If you have any questions I can totalllly help. I have a lot of knowledge on the subject! lol. And I know that certain things about the program can be hard to figure out! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

My vote is go! :peterpan:

[QUOTE=StaceyDarling!;1001984]It’s not against the rules! Go ahead and go! It’ll help you out a lot. When I was looking into the program I was going to go to a presentation before I was even IN college! But I never had the chance. lol. I have researched this program for years and still don’t have some of the answers! I say if it helps you, DO IT! Its Disney, they aren’t going to yell at you or treat you like you don’t belong! If anything, I think it shows good initiative that you want to be prepared and aware of the program in advance!

I’m doing the CS in Spring and then going to college in the fall. Then following thru with the CP’s. If you have any questions I can totalllly help. I have a lot of knowledge on the subject! lol. And I know that certain things about the program can be hard to figure out! If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask!

My vote is go! :peterpan:[/QUOTE]

Thanks (and thanks to all the other posters too! :heart:), I did go - it was earlier in October. I just let them know at the door that I wouldn’t be applying till spring and they said no problem, come on in. :happy:

It was very informative and very well done… very smooth and professional. Everyone was so helpful answering questions one-on-one afterwards too. And I answered a trivia question right and got a Mickey-shaped luggage tag! Score!! :laugh:

My question was, “Besides Orlando and Anaheim, what other cities have Disney parks?” I shot my hand up but some other girl beat me to it… and her answer was, “Um, I think somewhere in Switzerland…?” :huh::pinch::laugh:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1002010]Thanks (and thanks to all the other posters too! :heart:), I did go - it was earlier in October. I just let them know at the door that I wouldn’t be applying till spring and they said no problem, come on in. :happy:

It was very informative and very well done… very smooth and professional. Everyone was so helpful answering questions one-on-one afterwards too. And I answered a trivia question right and got a Mickey-shaped luggage tag! Score!! :laugh:

My question was, “Besides Orlando and Anaheim, what other cities have Disney parks?” I shot my hand up but some other girl beat me to it… and her answer was, “Um, I think somewhere in Switzerland…?” :huh::pinch::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Haha, oh well thats good! I’m glad you decided to go and that it was fun! Thats so cute (the luggage tag) I want some! :] lol. Hahaha, oh my gosh! I would have been like TOKYO!