Going to Disneyland during Summer 2012

So, we’re thining of doing a trip to California for this summer 2012. It will probably be Disneyland for 2 days, and then visiting Hollywood and Venice Beach. From there, we’ll be driving over to Las Vegas, and then flying out of Vegas. The whole trip will be about 5-6 days.
So, I am looking for advice. First of all, where should we stay near Disneyland…we were thinking of maybe a hotel that has rooms with 2 or 3 bedrooms or something like that. We will have a rental car, so we don’t need to be within walking distance of the park.
Obviously, any advice anyone could give would be great!!!
Thanks! :wub:

I know there has to be someone on Mousebuzz who has stayed near Disneyland, etc…where are you? :wub:

I used to, but I’ve only stayed on property for a while now (NOT my dime!) so I don’t know! I know the Marriott is nice, but I don’t know if they have suites.

Are you rope-drop enthusiasts? If so, you’ll want to drop someone off at the pedestrian entrance on Harbor to get in line early. I know that when I’ve driven, I’ve had to wait in line for the payment gates to open at the parking deck and didn’t get lined up as early as I would have liked.

And I’d pick another day of Disneyland over Hollywood and Venice Beach. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1097647]I used to, but I’ve only stayed on property for a while now (NOT my dime!) so I don’t know! I know the Marriott is nice, but I don’t know if they have suites.

Are you rope-drop enthusiasts? If so, you’ll want to drop someone off at the pedestrian entrance on Harbor to get in line early. I know that when I’ve driven, I’ve had to wait in line for the payment gates to open at the parking deck and didn’t get lined up as early as I would have liked.

And I’d pick another day of Disneyland over Hollywood and Venice Beach. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

Thanks Andrea! I definetly would pick another day at Disneyland over Hollywood or Venice Beach too, but the people we are going with want to do those places. Not that I’m completely against it, I’ve never seen them either.

Let them go- you stay at DL! :laugh:

:ohmy: Hahaha :laugh:

I would agree with Andrea. I mean, Hollywood is nice and all, but three days at Disneyland would give you all the time you need to do both parks and not feel “rushed” in the process. This coming from someone who did ten days at Disneyland. :wub:

[QUOTE=NJMommy;1097595]
So, I am looking for advice. First of all, where should we stay near Disneyland…we were thinking of maybe a hotel that has rooms with 2 or 3 bedrooms or something like that. We will have a rental car, so we don’t need to be within walking distance of the park.
Obviously, any advice anyone could give would be great!!!
Thanks! :wub:[/QUOTE]

I am a big fan of Priceline.com and you can get two rooms for half of what Disney charges for being on property. The nice thing about having a rental car is that you can get the three / three and a half star hotels fifteen minutes away that DON’T charge for parking. The hotels on my page indicate where I’ve stayed while at Disneyland. I’ve been in Fullerton and Buena Vista. As long as you don’t try to travel during rush hour, most trips are fifteen minutes between hotel and park. I’ve never paid more than $50.00 a night for any of the hotels I’ve stayed at. The Hyatt in Garden Grove is the best, of course, followed by the Marriott in Fullerton.

The nice thing about Priceline is that it’s almost like eBay. You can choose the price of your hotel room. Or try to. Sometimes there are no rooms available at the price you offer. But if you start early enough, you can clean up your hotel rates at a fraction of what it would normally cost. Last trip off island I was got a hotel room in Salt Lake City at 25% of the normal hotel rate. :pirate:

I am a CA native. Born in Huntington Beach CA. Just went to Disneyland last year July 22-25. It was nuts on saturday…but sunday AP holders are blocked out. Try to go to DLR myself every year since my family lives in IL now. Trying ot move back its so bloody expensive. But im sorta of an AP holder.

If you dont want to get charged out the yin yang for DLR hotels QUALITY INN SUITES which is in walking distance of the park, its $70 a night for a 2 bedroom. Easily squeeze 3 or 4 in there.

it was incredible got on star tours 3 times. the final one was when the park was about to close. Saw World of Color on saturday and fantasmic. Good choice doing two days. its impossible to both parks in one day you will kill yourself.

but hope it works out. Planning on going in july for Cars land :smiley:

PS get a WORLD OF COLOR PREIMIUM SEATING PACKAGE FOR $39.99 per person. you get your choice of Dinner Ariels Gortto (GO WITH THAT ONE) or WINE AND COUNTRY you get a great meal and front row of World of Color. I got a free poncho out of it. After seeing the show for a year on vidoe i exploded when i saw it live. Its truly takes Fantasmic out of the water.

My best friends dad said it great:
Fantasmic (love the show still hitting 20 in may!) is creative
World of Color is Genius…nothing like it live!

We stay at the hyatt and they have a shuttle to and from parks,they have been running promos on suites,that being said the grand californian is on property,you could see if you could rent points for say a 2 bedroom…usually it is $10 a point,and you don’t pay the rooms tax,free internet and all and the GC is practically in CA

If you can, dont go until after June 15th…thats the date that Carsland, Buena Vista Street and the Matterhorn will be finished. It sounds like you have a great trip planned, enjoy! Would love to see a trip report posted after your exciting excursion!

Unfortunately, the plan has been changed. The trip is for my sister-in-law’s 21st birthday, and she really wanted the whole family to go. Since my DH and I have 3 girls, and the youngest will only be 5 months for the trip, she decided to do Walt Disney World instead, so that it isn’t such a rough trip for an infant. So, we are all going to Disney again in July. Which my sister-in-law is very happy about, and can’t wait for all of us to drink around the world at Epcot together. :wub:

Cool, well have fun at WDW, Im a bit sad you wont be able to make it to DLR, but I know you all will have just as much fun at WDW. I hope you are able to make it out to DLR one day!

Since this has been bumped… how go the plans?

I’m working mine out…