Going to Disneyland in August!

OK, the last time I was at Disneyland, I was 14 and Nixon was president. We’ve toured WDW a bunch and got that down, but I’m open to any comments on how best to tour DL, especially as opposed to WDW. Optimum number of days to fully tour and minimum we could get by with (2?) to see a lot. Hint: we get up early and move pretty fast. Also any advice on packages vs. not and best way to get discounts (other than just watching mousesavers.com). Thanks!

PS, also any recommendations on CS and TS food welcome.

Optimum: 4, Minimum: 2 (barely).

Find a place that sells tickets with early entry (or stay on property). This is the ONLY way to do Fantasyland- first thing in the morning and move fast.

Mousesavers pretty much IS your best bet.

Stay on property if you can- it will get you early entry into Carsland at DCA one morning, and that place is going to be insanity.

August will be hot and crowded! Make use of FP and single-rider lines.

Do NOT have anything to do with their meal plan- it’s nothing like WDW’s.

Like previously said 2-4 days,depending on what time of month,latter would be better(some schools go back earlier,staying on property is better,and unlike WDW you are in the action DCA-DIS-DTD-RESORTS are packed into a small area,also check packages sometimes the best way to go,if you are AP and go to WDW more than once a year look into the premier pass…alot of the comments will be the same…WOC a must FANTASMIC IS different in a good way…CARS LAND will be open and very busy…definitely see the aladin show…fireworks at disneyland are great…matterhorn while old is still a fun ride especially at night…space mountain is smoother …screamin is a blast…new food court in the back left of DCA is nice,you can have a quieter lunch in the GC …nice menu…water raft ride in DCA is fun…and by the time you get there the new DCA will hopefully be finished with trolley ride and some other attractions…have fun

Wow! I didn’t realize how old you are. :huh:

August: 4 days is best, 2 days is the bare minimum. If you cant afford 4 then go with 3 days. It will be crowded and hot, so go prepared. Take advantage of Magic Mornings (They come with any ticket 3 days or longer or if you stay on property) and if you do a Magic Morning hit all of Fantasyland, as this land can have some of the worst wait times for all of its attractions. Take advantage of Fastpass anywhere you can. If you must skip out on Attractions, dont skip out on the ones WDW doesnt have (Ride Space Mountain, its kicks WDW’s versions butt. Ride the Matterhorn, Indiana Jones, Alice in Wonderland, etc). See Fantasmic, it is so much better than WDW’s. Be sure to also watch the fireworks (Magical will be playing) and see World of Color too (get your tickets for that show early in the morning or buy a dining package that comes with a ticket, I always buy the picnick meal package). Get into DCA first thing if you can and hit up Carsland as that land will have some of the biggest crowds and longest wait lines for its attractions (this is where I would suggest using fast pass). Eat at non-peak eating times and pre-book dining locations if you plan to do sit-down meals. Remember, this is not WDW, things are in smaller scale than at WDW but this also has its up-sides. Everything is within walking distance, Remember, you’re going to be in Walt’s original Park, the only park he walked in and worked on himself. Notice all of the small details and the pure Charm and Magic that come from the park that Started it all. You will find a special brand of Magic at Disneyland that you just wont find out at WDW. And most of all, Enjoy yourself and dont compare everything if you can! :slight_smile:

sigh…once again, I’m late and they’ve covered it all :confused:

The only other thing is that we’ll miss you by a month or so, we are planning to go late June or early July. One thing we failed to express to poor llama is that there is the option to make priority seating arrangements for dining. I’d highly advise taking advantage of this. Oh, one place that you can’t us PS is at the Corn Dog cart. If you are a fan of corn dogs, I highly recommend it. We’ve waited in the long line many times and it’s worth it:).

[QUOTE=Peppertink;1107058]sigh…once again, I’m late and they’ve covered it all :confused:

The only other thing is that we’ll miss you by a month or so, we are planning to go late June or early July. One thing we failed to express to poor llama is that there is the option to make priority seating arrangements for dining. I’d highly advise taking advantage of this. Oh, one place that you can’t us PS is at the Corn Dog cart. If you are a fan of corn dogs, I highly recommend it. We’ve waited in the long line many times and it’s worth it:).[/QUOTE]

Late June, early July?

Once again, no matter what the coast, we seem to just miss each other…

Although my parents will be there the 1st-3rd of July, staying at the GC. If you’re there then, say hi to my mom. Yes, she’s still wearing That Hat. We tried to shop last week for a new hat… instead she bought one for me because she thought it looked so much cuter on me than on her. :laugh:

Yes, unfortunately, probably too old to be running around DL in August but DW is having her high school reunion then in Oceanside, CA, and both DD’s are coming and discovered Disney is but a short drive away so here I go.

Sorry, I’m late getting back, posted this thread and got busy other places. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the awesome advice. I’m learning here that the logistics of touring DL are different. I’m stuck with August, as I said in the response to (smart-aleck:laugh:) Cavey, we really there for the DW’s reunion. We may try to squeeze 3 or at least 2 1/2 days for the DL side trip. Thanks for the comment on looking for the details, my faded memory is DL being a bit cuter, quainter, and smaller than MK. I want to swear that POTC is a longer (better?) ride at DL. Is that correct? Thanks again.

You would not be forsworn! :laugh:

I’ve just got my trip plans set… I’ll get the place warmed up for you!

you are absolutely correct,space mountain is also better…also in my opinion fantasmic,small world amongst others

Smart-aleck? :huh:

Fine! You just head off to that 60th class reunion, but don’t expect ME to help remind you to pack your dentures! :angry:

Especially compared to WDW, August is not that bad. Since the parks are smaller, its easier to cover it all while ducking in and out of AC. And if all else fails, get on a water ride :laugh:

Have a lot of fun! I went back in January for a day with my friends and we had a blast. Had the please of getting stuck on The Little Mermaid :ariel: ride for a really long time :happy: