Going to Disneyland

Your trip is stressing me out.

What are you planning to do in LA besides Disney?

ok. its stressing me out too… not sure what to do in LA, other than really touristy things… which we would only spend a day at most doing… we are going to make a list of what we really want to do in CA, and then cut out the unimportant stuff… FYI- Disney will not be cut. That’s a mandate… can I do it in 3 days? We are commando at WDW, but have never been to Disneyland…
I’m working on the list tonight… its big so far… lol…

[QUOTE=hanwill;1129034]ok. its stressing me out too… not sure what to do in LA, other than really touristy things… which we would only spend a day at most doing… we are going to make a list of what we really want to do in CA, and then cut out the unimportant stuff… FYI- Disney will not be cut. That’s a mandate… can I do it in 3 days? We are commando at WDW, but have never been to Disneyland…
I’m working on the list tonight… its big so far… lol…[/QUOTE]

I would say you could do Disney in 3 days as long as you have a good game-plan… the best thing is that both parks are just a few steps away from each other, so you can hop back and forth as needed. As for LA… give it a chance :wub:… you might need more than a day! Either way, with a little planning, I’m sure it will be less complicated.

Disneyland was doable in two days, California Adventure in one. With Carsland and the renovations, Three days for both is going to mean you won’t get to enjoy ALL of the park. But Three days will at least give you the minimums. The wait times for Carsland is going to eat into your day. :pinch:

DaisyD did this trip in reverse, they went to San Francisco, then drove down. You might want to talk to her, as they stopped in Monterey and did fun stuff.

LA is LA. There are nice things to see, but if you are headed to San Francisco, I would just stick to the Disney Resort while in Southern California, and save your time/money for San Francisco, WHICH IS NOT CHEAP. :nuke:

But I would seriously reconsider the “day” trip to Yosemite. IF you leave first thing in the morning, don’t have any traffic issues, you could spend more than an hour there.:cool: It’s well worth the trip to see Half Dome, but it would require an oh dark thirty departure, and a late night return. :pirate:

I would say 3 days also …another determining factor is when…timing and crowd levels play a big factor…also if you go to DLR website they are now showing options to the 3 Disney resorts,the partner hotels come up now including tickets etc,some are ver attractive alternatives…LA has some interesting sites Beverly hills,and places like that are quite interesting,if that is your thing also some TV shows film there,game shows and the like if you have a favorite you could see if you could get tickets for a filming and also some might like the price is right choose one of you to be on the show…I got chosen and got some great consolation prizes,lost twice because I wasn’t the last to bid and got outbid by a dollar twice…if you need some more info just ask,also like I said before big sur to me on the way to SF is a must,and once you get to SF many interesting things to do great restaurants ,the pier,alcatraz ( my former address)cable cars,chinatown and if you don’t want to go all the way to Yosemite just go across the bridge to wine country or the national park it is beautiful…bottom line is going to have a great time enjoy

My favorite Yosemite story:

A friend and I found this little tiny trail, what we thought was off the beaten path. We were feeling quite intrepid and adventurous and as if we were doing something a little unique (the trails at Yosemite are VERY regimented).

So there we were, feeling all kinds of special… until we came to a bend in the trail where we met a group of little old ladies walking the other way. Carrying white leather purses. Wearing sensible heels as they walked along. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1129065]My favorite Yosemite story:

A friend and I found this little tiny trail, what we thought was off the beaten path. We were feeling quite intrepid and adventurous and as if we were doing something a little unique (the trails at Yosemite are VERY regimented).

So there we were, feeling all kinds of special… until we came to a bend in the trail where we met a group of little old ladies walking the other way. Carrying white leather purses. Wearing sensible heels as they walked along. :laugh:[/QUOTE]

they where the park police…busted

Ugh! Can’t decide on this with my husband… he thinks that it should be a throw in to our trip to CA… but I still think we need 3 days to see it…

Here’s the tentative itinerary-for July

Fly in to LA

Disneyland- 3 days?
LA- one day
Drive up the coast- Hearst Castle/Monterrey/Big Sur/Carmel
San Francisco 2 days
yosemite
fly home…

Any suggestions would be appreciated, and do you think I should cut the Disney days-since it is not a Disney trip? HELP! (Help prevent an argument, that it,lol)

If you have never been to Disneyland,then I would suggest the 3 days…while the trip to Yosemite would be nice,it would be low on my list especially after doing haerst big sur etc…but that is me …it depends on YOUR priorities

Thanks delmarJohn! I appreciate it… This is a tough decision…

You know what? Don’t stress.

I like having four days at DL/DCA, but you know what? I’ve had amazing one day trips, too. (The one day would be much harder to accomplish now that Cars Land is there.) But with some serious hustle and the understanding that you’re not going to be able to do it all, you can have a great trip however many days you have.

For a one-day trip? I’d kamikaze all over Disneyland all day (it’s definitely a ROPE DROP kind of place- you can get so much done the first few hours), and then near the very end of the day, go to DCA and Cars Land- and just be prepared to wait in line a long time. (The reason I don’t recommend DCA first is because Cars Land will take several prime hours, during which you could see so much more at DL).

Also, say you could only do one-day. Or even two. I would call it almost non-negotiable that you stay on property, which gets you the extra morning. At Disneyland, you can do nearly everything in Fantasyland and possibly even get a start on Tomorrowland in that hour (if you HUSTLE to Peter Pan first thing!), whereas that’s going to take 2-3 hours later in the day. You’ll have to choose between Fantasmic at DL (far far FAR better than WDW’s) or World of Color at DCA if you’re into shows.

For a two-day trip, you do the early day at DL one day, then the early day at DCA the next (with a plan to get back to DL in the afternoon, unless you really want to see World of Color).

Three-days? A little more relaxed, time even to go back and do things a couple of times.

So whatever you want to do… it can be worked out for a marvelous time!

Double post… double post… la la la…

:blink::blink:

You don’t like Dole Whips AND In-n-Out!!! I’m seriously starting to question our freindship:pinch::laugh:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1128593]Eh… I know others disagree… but LA’s not all that. :laugh: What else are you thinking about doing in Southern California?

[/QUOTE]

Well, I happen to agree with you on this. We only go into LA, during our visits, for a Dodger Game or a museum. The boys had never been to LA, prior to knowing me, so they really wanted to visit LA/Hollywood. Even though I gave them a heads up that it may not meat their expectations, they were still disappointed:closedeye However, I do understand the draw to first time visitors. If you are going to visit LA…don’t miss Santa Monica.

[QUOTE=Andrea;1128593]Eh… I know others disagree… but LA’s not all that. :laugh: What else are you thinking about doing in Southern California?

[/QUOTE]

Well, I happen to agree with you on this. We only go into LA, during our visits, for a Dodger Game or a museum. The boys had never been to LA, prior to knowing me, so they really wanted to visit LA/Hollywood. Even though I gave them a heads up that it may not meat their expectations, they were still disappointed:closedeye However, I do understand the draw to first time visitors. If you are going to visit LA…don’t miss Santa Monica.

I think Disney could be done in two days with a good game plan, and an early start. The good thing is that the parks are close enough to hop back and forth, and the sizes of the parks in comparison to WDW parks are much smaller. Just make a list of must-do’s and stock up on fast-passes.

I would say on one of the days to get to the Radiator Racers FP line first thing as they are usually gone within the hour, and also grab a FP for World of Color. Then head to DL, and come back to DCA in the late afternooon/evening for Carsland and the WOC show.

Factor in that there are no fastpasses for rides like Peter Pan, Nemo, and Pirates. And that FPs are usually gone earlier in the day for Indiana Jones, Splash Mountain, and Grizzly River Run (in the summer).

Try to go during the week, as those days are a little less busy… You can do it! :laugh:

You don’t like Dole Whips AND In-n-Out!!! I’m seriously starting to question our freindship:pinch::laugh:[/QUOTE]

No, I do like In-n-Out! I just don’t like how I feel after I eat it, so no more for me!

Did I miss WHEN you are going also makes a big difference,crowd size ,weather etc

Probably in July sometime… Haven’t set the dates yet- but it is after the 4th. Looks like we are going to WDW in June with the grandparents, so then we are going to Disneyland with just us in July… looks like a lucky summer for us…

obviously a busy time,so that influences timing…Yosemite in the summer is packed traffic curtailments etc…so be aware of that …like someone else posted many things to do in both LA and SF we did Alcatraz and much to my amazement it was quite well done …