Going to Disneyland

Do you have park hoppers? If so, you can wander back and forth across the promenade depending on what you feel like doing. Otherwise I would start at DL, spend the second day at DCA, and finish off at DL.

Breakfast - Goofy’s Kitchen and Carnation Cafe are both good. Otherwise we just grab something from the Main Street Bakery, Jolly Holliday, or Fidler, Fifer, and Practical. Be forewarned though that all of these tend to have really long lines in the morning. You may be better off eating a breakfast bar or something and grabbing an early lunch if you’re in a hurry to hit the parks … We’ve easily spent half an hour in line and then waiting on our food, but I guess it depends on how busy the day is.

Another thing to keep in mind: The lines get long early at Star Tours, Toy Story, Peter Pan, Splash Mountain, and Indiana Jones. Also no FP’s for Toy Story, Peter Pan, Nemo, or Matterhorn… Might wanna keep those things in mind when planning what to hit first! And of course Radiator Racers!!

You all are awesome! I need to print this stuff out-or maybe take a tour guide! lol I need to study the parks, pronto…

I can’t wait to hear all about your trip…I want to go back some day…it’s been almost 20 years since we were at DL!!!

Well, I need to get to planning, ASAP… I have done the big stuff- but no tickets yet, or food reservations…or park plans…

Wait- what have i done?

Oooh- take me! me! me! :laugh:

Random thoughts I’ve probably already expressed…

– Don’t wait until late in the day for Indiana Jones. It breaks down a lot. And it frequently seems to ever-so-mysteriously be shut down at the end of the night before the park actually closes. I have my suspicions.

– Matterhorn IS a long line. If you find you have to sacrifice something, let that be the first to go. Might be the most uncomfortable ride EVER.

– Seems like the Toy Story line is always an hour.

–Star Tours is a FAR more popular ride than it is at WDW. Plan accordingly!

If you do decide to do a sit-down breakfast, Goofy’s Kitchen, as a buffet, leaves the WDW breakfast buffets in the dust.

The steel-cut oatmeal cakes at Carnation Cafe are kind of interesting and delicious. And if Oscar is working, he will treat you like long-lost friends. :heart:

If you want to sit and have breakfast after a few hours of early morning crazy running around, I enjoy sitting outside the River Belle Terrace- it’s a nice view of the river out on the patio.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1133034]Well, I need to get to planning, ASAP… I have done the big stuff- but no tickets yet, or food reservations…or park plans…

Wait- what have i done?[/QUOTE]

Oh, good grief.

Even I already have my tickets, and look at my countdown compared to yours… :laugh:

Rumor has it a price increase could come at any time, so it’s time to order those tickets beforehand! The rumor was for early April (which didn’t seem to happen); last year the increase was toward the end of May.

Oh thanks for the advice- will do it this week… I’m a crazed lady with 3 kids- 2 middle schoolers and a toddler (go ahead and laugh- I’m nuts)…

I made reservations for Carthay circle, Cafe Orleans, and Big Thunder BBQ… Should I keep them? (one per day)… Slowly working on these plans- need to get cracking because the end of school stuff is hitting fast around here…

Thanks again for everyone’s advice! So excited!

[QUOTE=hanwill;1133167]Oh thanks for the advice- will do it this week… I’m a crazed lady with 3 kids- 2 middle schoolers and a toddler (go ahead and laugh- I’m nuts)…

I made reservations for Carthay circle, Cafe Orleans, and Big Thunder BBQ… Should I keep them? (one per day)… Slowly working on these plans- need to get cracking because the end of school stuff is hitting fast around here…

Thanks again for everyone’s advice! So excited![/QUOTE]

I say yes, keep them! BTBBQ may not be the best value on the planet, but it’s delicious and a favorite. I had the best service last time I was there!

Thank you- so many places look good there- maybe because we have not been to any of them… So excited!