Going with a possitive attitude

How long do you thing some inconsiderate person will change it and what will it be? :pirate:

Ummm - 10 minutes? As soon as someone cuts in line…as soon as you step in bubblegum…as soon as a woman refuses to close up the stroller, so the bus can’t leave…

Seriously - don’t let the little annoyances ruin your holiday. They’re just not that important. Keep the positive attitude and have fun.

Things like that are usually dismissed in my mind after 10-20 minutes.
Actually, the closing up stroller thing usually doesn’t even register on my radar.
Even having to wait 30 minutes for a bus quickly rolls off my back once the bus arrives, so long as I don’t need to be somewhere on time.

Usually.

I am pretty relaxed because we are on vacation and in no hurry, but I hate when people push though my kids or my family…

Im pretty much relaxed EXCEPT when I have been sitting in the same spot for 2 hours before a parade and someone comes and sits on top on my kids.

DITTO!!!:glare:

I really try to go with the flow, but I can’t stand linecutters. I will let things slide, but if someone cuts in front of my family or I, I can’t help but say something. Its just plain rude and there is no excuse for it. And I agree with Mickeybug and Tinkerbelle24 about the parade thing. It fits into the cutting category for me.

Well I’m not sure how long it takes before it happens, but nothing turns my frown upside down like hearing (& having to cover my kids’ ears from) a potty mouth! I mean it’s WALT DISNEY WORLD- the happiest place on Earth, for the love of gravy!!!

I try to be considerate and kind. Its crowded, could be hot, people have bad days etc. Only thing that really made me mad enough to take me a while to cool down happened at Disneyland. DD was 1 1/2 at the time and I took her on the Storybook Ride, someone had kids about 6/7 on it that were causing a huge problem. One of them almost knocked my DD into the water, luckily I was able to catch one side of her and the gentleman next to us caught the other side. That took me the rest of the day to cool down from. DD wouldn’t go on that ride again and it was the one she pointed out that she wanted to go on. Poor kid.

I’m sorry, but some bad habits are just too ingrained and automatic.
Between growing up in North Jersey, being in the entertainment industry for 35 years, and also driving a truck many of those years, I guess I’m better suited to be a CM at Sopranoland. I try not to, but don’t succeed all the time.

[QUOTE=llama;982100]Ummm - 10 minutes? As soon as someone cuts in line…as soon as you step in bubblegum…as soon as a woman refuses to close up the stroller, so the bus can’t leave…

Seriously - don’t let the little annoyances ruin your holiday. They’re just not that important. Keep the positive attitude and have fun.[/QUOTE]

That stuff is part of life and it wount bother me. We will not let anything get to us. :cool:

Bingo this would get to me. :mad:

The line cutting really gets to me when you have one person in front of you that person raises a flag and now your 40th in line.:mad::mad:

On this one I have mixed reviews depending on the situation.
I travel with groups of kids (scouts) on trips and there have been occasions where a couple of us adults would go get in line letting the kids chill where they were until it was our turn. Within seconds we’d have them in line, so far never causing a delay. I’ve always found that doing this we’ve shown consideration for others waiting by not having to deal with the “boredom of curiosty” so to speak (aka annoying) that a lot of kids have while having to wait with nothing else to do. They’ve gotten older so we don’t do it as often, but when younger it did make a huge difference.

Now if someone sees somebody they happen to “know” who’s not there with them in their group in the first place & they let them “cut”, then yes that bothers me.

I see a difference between cutting and holding ones place in line.

My problem is i’m way too tolerant. Sandy on the other hand is Hothead #1 and can’t bite her lip of turn the other cheek. Her annoyance meter is usually set really low so it doesn’t take a lot to set her off. She doesn’t have a tolerant bone in her body when it comes to rudeness, potty mouth’s, line cutting, elbowing, people yelling and screaming at their children, etc… (actually this one really bothers me).
One of the few times i’ve ever spoken up at Disney was when some guy was tugging and pulling on his child’s arm while yelling and screaming at him, all while creating a scene. I was two seconds away from punching the guy right in the face, but chose instead to ask him to calm down because there were other children around and the entire scene was upsetting everyone.
How people can act like that in public with dozens of people watching them, i’ll never know.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;982257]
I see a difference between cutting and holding ones place in line.[/QUOTE]

Mickeybug I do see what you are saying and of course there are groups out there who are polite and curteous to those around but you try telling a 6 year old child or similar age as to why all those people have just cut in front of her while she has been patient and well behaved for her turn to ride/see the attraction. I can assure you it does not go down well and quite frankly this should not happen. Whether you are a group of 4 or a group of 40, your party should be ready to get in line together or be prepared to seperate. The only ‘holding ones place in line’ that I would ever consider to be tolerated is if you are in line and your child suddenly decides to pick that moment to need the bathroom. Then, of course I would not hesitate to let them back in line but just because you have people who don’t wish to wait in the line for fear that they may get bored etc is just not ok in my personal opinion. Those who cannot contain themselves and wait patiently quite simply should be looked after by someone else and not go on the ride.
it is just not fair on those who are waiting.

…but I still love ya Mickeybug! :happy:

[QUOTE=ARIEL;982680]Mickeybug I do see what you are saying and of course there are groups out there who are polite and curteous to those around but you try telling a 6 year old child or similar age as to why all those people have just cut in front of her while she has been patient and well behaved for her turn to ride/see the attraction. I can assure you it does not go down well and quite frankly this should not happen. Whether you are a group of 4 or a group of 40, your party should be ready to get in line together or be prepared to seperate. The only ‘holding ones place in line’ that I would ever consider to be tolerated is if you are in line and your child suddenly decides to pick that moment to need the bathroom. Then, of course I would not hesitate to let them back in line but just because you have people who don’t wish to wait in the line for fear that they may get bored etc is just not ok in my personal opinion. Those who cannot contain themselves and wait patiently quite simply should be looked after by someone else and not go on the ride.

…but I still love ya Mickeybug! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree with you Ariel. Its just like when you check in for Adrs, if your entire party is not present, you are not supposed to check in.

It is very hard to explain it to a child, that has been waiting very patiently, why it was ok for the group of 20 to cut in line in front of us. It happens repeatedly on the standby line for Soarin’.:frown:

[QUOTE=ARIEL;982680]Mickeybug I do see what you are saying and of course there are groups out there who are polite and curteous to those around but you try telling a 6 year old child or similar age as to why all those people have just cut in front of her while she has been patient and well behaved for her turn to ride/see the attraction. I can assure you it does not go down well and quite frankly this should not happen. Whether you are a group of 4 or a group of 40, your party should be ready to get in line together or be prepared to seperate. The only ‘holding ones place in line’ that I would ever consider to be tolerated is if you are in line and your child suddenly decides to pick that moment to need the bathroom. Then, of course I would not hesitate to let them back in line but just because you have people who don’t wish to wait in the line for fear that they may get bored etc is just not ok in my personal opinion. Those who cannot contain themselves and wait patiently quite simply should be looked after by someone else and not go on the ride.

I also agree with you on this. Waiting is a fact of life. I try my best to treat people like I want to be treated, and I would not like it if someone cut in line in front of me after I have waited my turn. Just my opinion.

I don’t agree. I guess it just doesn’t bother me when someone holds a place in line. I know we do it. Standing in line stinks, so we take turns shopping or whatever while one of us holds our place. Then we come back and relieve that person. Its just a perk of not going by yourself. :smile: Granted, we only have to do it when lines are really long, which we haven’t encountered recently. What I don’t think is ok is when someone holds a spot in an enclosed line (space mountain, btmrr…basically any line that is inside). We only do it if the line is outside or we can see our party in line. There’s no excuse for people to go shoving through the line to the front where their party is waiting.

One person holding a place for one or two other people is very different from one person or two people holding the line for a group of 5 or more. That’s when forgiveness gives way to outrage and disgust.
(More later)