Golden Oaks

Did anyone else see this???

Disney Unveils Unique Residential Resort Community at Walt Disney World Resort (Disney News Blog)

Golden Oak at Walt Disney World Resort

Oh my gosh… it looks amazing!!!

I want one… but $1.5 - $4 million? Hmm… yeah, I’m not going to be purchasing a home there in the near future. :laugh:

I’m not really seeing this as a family neighborhood, but it would be a great retiree community for Disney-lovers.

Ohhhh… I wish I was rich, I wish I was rich. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I signed my dad up to receive a brochure! :laugh: “Have a sales representative call me…” just kidding… I said that he was only looking.

Grr… why did they come out with this NOW??? By the time I can afford this, all of the properties will be gone. :crying:

Like every other property in Florida, they will change hands many times over the years. You also need to check the fine print and be sure that you really own that home and it isn’t time limited like a DVC membership that ends after 30 years.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1038839]Ohhhh… I wish I was rich, I wish I was rich. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I signed my dad up to receive a brochure! :laugh: “Have a sales representative call me…” just kidding… I said that he was only looking.

Grr… why did they come out with this NOW??? By the time I can afford this, all of the properties will be gone. :crying:[/QUOTE]

Seriously! Those properties are gonna get snatched up! And then they will just stay in people’s families FOREVERRRR.

We’ll have to marry our way in to one Vic! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
hahahahahha.

But seriously, thats whats gonna happen! :crying:

Did you read that in the fine print or are you just telling me to? I read the FAQs and the things at the bottom and it looks like the first owners aren’t really buying a house - they’re buying a property. They work with their architect and design the home. The builders are not associated with Disney, but they have to build to the Golden Oak standards.

It’s on Disney property, but it appears like it’s going to be managed by the Four Seasons.

This is clearly designed for the rich. The rich Disney-lovers.

I like the part in the fine print where is says:

The features, amenities and facilities described and depicted herein are based upon current development plans, which are subject to change without notice. Actual development may not be as currently proposed. No guarantee is made that the features, amenities and facilities depicted or otherwise described herein will be built or, if built, will be of the same type, size or nature as depicted or described herein. The Summerhouse and Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World® Resort are only proposed; therefore, they have no anticipated construction schedule and are not guaranteed

So pretty much you spend oll this money and could end up with nothing!!!

As soon as I win the lottery I’m buying one! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I’m sure by the time we win the lottery some of these rich people will be willing to sell their homes. You never know if contractors or something are buying land there to build homes to sell! There’s always possibilities! :happy:

Idk… I’m starting to think this isn’t really going to take off. I mean, rich people don’t mind spending $1700 a night to stay in a suite at the Grand Floridian for the week that they decide to go to Disney, but idk how many rich people want to keep going back to Disney.

Disney is going to have to lease the houses, though. Or else it will just be a dead neighborhood when none of the wealthy people are vacationing there. And if this is residential, then the people should be able to furnish it themselves. When we owned our Florida condo, it wasn’t exactly a $4 million Grand Estate, but we wouldn’t lease it out because we didn’t want people messing up our house.

I just don’t think this is going to take off. Unless the rich people live there.

I think it was definitely a good idea. My sister has always said that Disney should let you purchase condos there. I just don’t think that they are targeting the right people. $1.5 million is probably more expensive than most Disney vacationers’ permanent homes. That’s one heck of a starting price… especially for a vacation home.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1038861]Idk… I’m starting to think this isn’t really going to take off. I mean, rich people don’t mind spending $1700 a night to stay in a suite at the Grand Floridian for the week that they decide to go to Disney, but idk how many rich people want to keep going back to Disney.

Disney is going to have to lease the houses, though. Or else it will just be a dead neighborhood when none of the wealthy people are vacationing there. And if this is residential, then the people should be able to furnish it themselves. When we owned our Florida condo, it wasn’t exactly a $4 million Grand Estate, but we wouldn’t lease it out because we didn’t want people messing up our house.

I just don’t think this is going to take off. Unless the rich people live there.

I think it was definitely a good idea. My sister has always said that Disney should let you purchase condos there. I just don’t think that they are targeting the right people. $1.5 million is probably more expensive than most Disney vacationers’ permanent homes. That’s one heck of a starting price… especially for a vacation home.[/QUOTE]

:laugh: Just slightly more than what I paid for my home.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea? 1)they people who live there will wind up getting.g aggrivated during peak seasons, 2)they will most likely feel a sense of entitlement bc they pay so much to live onsite and 3) wouldn’t it ruin the magic for all the Disney fanatics? I mean part of the experience is GOING to Disney. Not waking up, and seeing Cinderella Castle everyday for the next 15years. I’m sorry to say but I think the novelty would wear off relatively quickley.

Oh I absolutely hate the idea. I don’t want to see any property development that isn’t for general public consumption. Or the setting aside of nature preserves. Hotels and amusement only. Besides, they really need to do something with this stock price. I’ve had 300 shares since 1985 and I haven’t seen any serious activity since Frank Wells died.

I bought 100 shares in 2002 when the price was down at $16.
I sold in August 2008 for something like $32.
I then picked up 200 shares last July for about $26.
While it should, I just don’t see Disney stock breaking out and making a run at $50 anytime soon.

Is Disney REALLY letting you own the property(the land) in perpetuity?
That seems so out of character.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1038866]I bought 100 shares in 2002 when the price was down at $16.
I sold in August 2008 for something like $32.
I then picked up 200 shares last July for about $26.
While it should, I just don’t see Disney stock breaking out and making a run at $50 anytime soon.

Is Disney REALLY letting you own the property(the land) in perpetuity?
That seems so out of character.[/QUOTE]

That down market was great. I scooped up Met Life seriously cheap. And now. whoo hoo.

I started w/100 pre-split but after that…well, you know the story.:frown:

I wish I would win the lottery!

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1038866]Is Disney REALLY letting you own the property(the land) in perpetuity?
That seems so out of character.[/QUOTE]

There was fine print in the brochure I read that the development would be part of, or some how affiliated/serviced by, Orange County. Almost sounds like Celebration. WDW built it, then removed the RCID annexation tag, before turning it over to Osceola County if I remeber correctly.

Location, location, location. I think people will buy them. What a wonderful goal to strive for. I always dreamed of having enough dvc points by the time I retire that I could go to Disney anytime, without limitations. Maybe I need to re-evaluate my dream, and buy a house instead of points!

The price thing is questionable to me. It says that the homes will cost $1.5-7 million. However, in the FAQs, you aren’t really buying a premade home, you’re customizing your own and you hire your own building company.

That being said, I don’t think it necessarily has to cost $1.5 million to construct. I think that’s their target retail value. Of course the property is going to be expensive, but the construction doesn’t have to be. My bf lives in a 10,000 square foot mansion (well… on SC standards! :laugh: I’m sure that’s nothing to some of you.), but his dad’s a contractor, so they built it for much less than the appraisal value.

So… the big question is how much is the property?

Could you buy a property and not build? I have a feeling that they want to get this started, so they might say that you have to build a home in xxx amount of time if you buy.

Like Beth said, it’s all about location. This is Disney property. Disney property that could be yours (well… like Soundgod says, yours with many exceptions probably included in the fine print). It’s going to sell.

I WANT SOME!!!

I may be the only one here but I have to say I’m not digging this at all. I looked at the map they have on the site, under the gallery, and they have it right on Bay Lake, 3 miles from Magic Kingdom.

I know they do a great job of hiding the hotels, but to me there is a difference between a hotel and someones home. Don’t get me wrong the location is great, but as a guest in the WDW area seeing where someone lives really makes the whole WDW area lose it’s luster. There is something SO magical about driving down that long empty road after you pass the bridge type sign and run right into the Magic Kingdom. Perhaps it’s from my childhood and that’s how I always remember driving in but it makes me frown a little.

I get everyone is all about the all mighty dollar but I somehow put Disney on a pedestal that they’re above that (yeah yeah I know they charge $1,000,000 for a crappy cheeseburger, but homes on Disney property, meh!)

[QUOTE=DisneyFreak78;1038936]I may be the only one here but I have to say I’m not digging this at all. I looked at the map they have on the site, under the gallery, and they have it right on Bay Lake, 3 miles from Magic Kingdom.

I know they do a great job of hiding the hotels, but to me there is a difference between a hotel and someones home. [/QUOTE]

You’re not the only one. See my post above. I don’t see how this can be considered ‘synergy’ (Disney’s word) with their other divisions. And I sure don’t see how this contributes to shareholder value. (sorry, the almighty dollar thing:redface: )