Good bye Main Street Bakery

Apologies to all as I have been extremely business with tax season and just began to read my old newsletters. Just read about Starbucks taking over the Main Street Bakery. Please tell me that they still have the great ice cream cookie sandwiches and cinnamon rolls. They were the absolute best desserts in the Magic Kingdom.

This was a hot topic a few months ago. I think the end result was the coffee is going to change but the food is staying the same. There may be a few food changes but the bakery lives on.

But, if they do change the menu, Dino Bites over at AK has awesome ice cream cookie sandwhiches!

The site was still under construction last week so it is still to be seen how much of the old favorites actually makes it to the shelves.

When all is said and done, it is what it is and we’re not going to change anything.

You are right, I learned a log time ago to just relax and go with flow, or changes in this case.

I don’t drink coffee but, from what I hear, any change in the coffee there is an improvement.

Just so long as they don’t force Starbucks to brew Nescafe.

It’s like a couple weeks ago. We were having sundaes at Ghiradelli Chocolate in DTD and while waiting for our order, I noticed the ice cream container being swapped out was marked “Edy’s Grand”. This means it’s the same stuff you get everywhere else in WDW, only a larger selection of flavors. At least Edy’s is good.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1133226]Just so long as they don’t force Starbucks to brew Nescafe.

It’s like a couple weeks ago. We were having sundaes at Ghiradelli Chocolate in DTD and while waiting for our order, I noticed the ice cream container being swapped out was marked “Edy’s Grand”. This means it’s the same stuff you get everywhere else in WDW, only a larger selection of flavors. At least Edy’s is good.[/QUOTE]

…Are you kidding me? We wait in that line for ice cream from Edy’s??? :ohmy: I had no idea…yes Edy’s is good but I buy it at the local grocery store…I guess the chocolate is the only part that is Ghiradelli----

—not a starbucks fan at all—won’t be getting coffee from them there—I hope the WDW restaurants don’t use Starbucks for every meal…I can’t drink the strong stuff and I like my cup of coffee with dessert…:crying:

Ghiradelli Chocolate is a chocolate company and not an ice cream company. So why is this a surprise?

L’Artisan des Glaces in France is going to make their own ice cream when they open. Also, Crepes des Chefs de France is pretty good. Not sure if they have their own recipe or if it is just the soft serve.

Exactly. Why would they not have specialty ice creams made with their chocolate. And why not a more premium ice cream than Edy’s, considering they’re charging $9 for a sundae. But again, it’s Disney food service and most vendors serve the same stuff if Nestle makes it. But Nestle also owns Haagen Dasz in the US, although the ice cream is produced by Dryer’s, which is the west coast version of Edy’s. So…

I still feel they should have a more premium ice cream and I’d have thought, considering Ghiradelli has 12 ice cream shops, that yes, they would make their own ice cream in house or to spec from another dairy.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1133294]Exactly. Why would they not have specialty ice creams made with their chocolate. And why not a more premium ice cream than Edy’s, considering they’re charging $9 for a sundae. But again, it’s Disney food service and most vendors serve the same stuff if Nestle makes it. But Nestle also owns Haagen Dasz in the US, although the ice cream is produced by Dryer’s, which is the west coast version of Edy’s. So…

I still feel they should have a more premium ice cream and I’d have thought, considering Ghiradelli has 12 ice cream shops, that yes, they would make their own ice cream in house or to spec from another dairy.[/QUOTE]

…Yep…I agree…you would think they would have their own premium ice cream to go with their premium chocolate…

I have also been out of the loop for a bit, when is this change taking place?

They’re rehabing the Main Street Bakery at the MK right now. I don’t care about the coffee, although I hate the idea of Starbucks on Main Street, as long as the baked goodies are still the same. Some mornings I just need a cherry danish.

…I haven’t purchased anything except hot chocolate from there in a long time—we get our beignets at POFQ before heading to the parks… :happy::happy:

HOWEVER–I don’t like Starbucks anything and hate to see it on Mainstreet USA…can’t stop progress tho—just have to deal with it…

For us it was a cinnamon bun. Oh they smelled and tasted so good. Hope they bring them back when they open.

I keep trying to use this as leverage to get my fiance to move to Orlando. I am a store manager for Starbucks and worked at Fountainview as a CP (a girl can dream, no?). Our internal memos basically pointed to Starbucks machines, coffee beans, and training, but not taking over the establishment. If you’ve ever been on a college campus place that ‘brews Starbucks’ it will be pretty similar (except a much higher quality original product, obviously). At least that was the impression I got.