Good place to watch a game at WDW

During our trip next week, I want to go somewhere to see the FSU/Colorado game. Is there a good place to go at DTD with alot of TV’s? The game is at 3:30 and I figure after the game we will just walk over to Pleasure Island for a couple hours since it is the last night it will be open.

Is Raglan Road considered a sports bar type of atmosphere?

I’m also looking for a place to watch the Packers/Seahawks game on 10/12. If its on locally, I’ll watch it from our room. If not, I was thinking ESPN Club?

yeah I would have stayed in the room or gone to ESPN club but since we want to be at Pleasure Island that evening for the final night festivities I figured we would just go there to watch it

My DH and our friend have gone to the ESPN club in DTD twice now to watch NFL and really loved it. They got there early for their game to get a good spot, but thought it was a great place. If you need details, I can get DH to post…

I would go to the ESPN club for the game. There or the actual sports complex. They have a bar/ place to eat that will surely have a gameon.

Raglan Road is more of an Irish Pub kind of atmosphere. I believe it does have a few TVs there, but I was more entranced by the lineup they had on tap when I was there. :blush:

The ESPN club is your best bet, but it might be crowded because it is about the only good place to watch the game.

Another option would be the All-Star Cafe at the Wide World of Sports. They have a ton of TVs, but you may have to pay admission to WWoS to get in and I don’t think they serve alcohol (not that there’s anything wrong with that:smile:).

thanks folks…I don’t know why I thought ESPN club was at BW…nevver been there but had that in my mind…we are probbaly gonna go to DHS in the morning so I should have plenty of time to get to ESPN then to watch the game

ESPN Club is on the Boardwalk, Daniel is already freaking out because he’s missing a big NY Red Bulls soccer game while we’ll be at MNSSHP. He had plans on watching it at ESPN Club, I guess I put the kabash on that. :pinch: :laugh:

ESPN Club is pretty much a sports bar. Just keep in mind, it is about the only sports bar in WDW, so it will be crowded during popular games, multiple games (baseball/football, football/basketball, baseball/basketball, football/auto race, etc), Sunday and Monday Night Football. Otherwise, you’re driving out to the Orlando Ale House.

I was going to say ESPN Club but I think you may have heard that already!:laugh:

I agree with the rest ESPN, Big game = Sports Bar = atmosphere.

Although when the SOCCER world cup was on in 2006 I called ESPN to ask if the BIG GAME would be on starting at 9AM they said yes.:cool: fantastic what time do you open??? 11am:angry::mad::eek::eek::laugh::laugh: OK so Soccer is not so big over there yet:blush::blush: Planet Hollywood did a special breakfast viewing:laugh:

But I think you should concentrate all you time on the last night of Pleasure Island and watch the replay of the game:wub::wub:

You Know when the questions get asked “Where were you when…”:redface:

[QUOTE=jimbo;883678]
Although when the SOCCER world cup was on in 2006 I called ESPN to ask if the BIG GAME would be on starting at 9AM they said yes.:cool: fantastic what time do you open??? 11am:angry::mad::eek::eek::laugh::laugh: OK so Soccer is not so big over there yet.[/QUOTE]

If they aren’t scheduled to open, like if they actually served breakfast, they aren’t going to/can’t really alter operations for an early game. Especially as they are a bar and the rules for liquor serving establishments are different, more so if it was a Sunday.
You bloody soccer fans are all alike!:nuke:

We enjoy watching big games at the ESPN zone at the BW. It does get very crowded for playoff games…but if you get there early, it is a lot of fun!! The crowd can get rowdy!!

[QUOTE=jimbo;883678]OK so Soccer is not so big over there yet:blush::blush:
[/QUOTE]

If you are my husband it is! :tongue: i think he’s going to be driving me NUTS at the MNSHHP because he’ll be missing a soccer game. :pinch:

Booo Planet hollywood opened so why not ESPN? anyway Not All soccer Fans Or English men Need to Drink Inkahol:laugh::laugh:

Not Falling out with you:blush: lets hope kingomiami gets his game.

OK WishUponAStar maybe soccer is big to some people. We have Face (from the A team) over here with his son looking for a place with a English soccer team:rolleyes::tongue:

sending love to all sports fans:heart::wub::heart:

I’m off for a BUD now:laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=jimbo;883742]
I’m off for a BUD now:laugh::laugh::laugh:[/QUOTE]

You drink that swill over there? How’s it compare to Chiswick Bitter?
(Never tasted it, just know some nimrod on another forum that posts under that name and previously posted as “ESB”)

As to Planet Hollywood, well, Stalone did make that WW2 POW soccer version of The Longest Yard, so I guess the management decided they could make a few bucks opening early for the Cup final.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;883902]You drink that swill over there? How’s it compare to Chiswick Bitter?
(Never tasted it, just know some nimrod on another forum that posts under that name and previously posted as “ESB”)

As to Planet Hollywood, well, Stalone did make that WW2 POW soccer version of The Longest Yard, so I guess the management decided they could make a few bucks opening early for the Cup final.[/QUOTE]

Most of us over here are easily pleased so we are happy with BUD also Coors. Otherwise it’s German or OZ beers:laugh:take ya choice.:cool:

Sorry never tasted Chiswick Bitter.

So back to KingOMiami where will you watch the Big Game???

There is no good place to watch sports in downtown Disney. The ESPN is at at the Boardwalk. If you are willing to go a bit off property, there is a Millers Ale House in Lake Buena Vista. You go down hotel row (Hilton, Best Western etc) and turn left when you reach the end. You then go up to I think to the first light (there is a 7-11 at the corner and turn left, and behind the 7-11 is the Ale house.

There is also Hooters behind the shopping center across for DTD Hotel row that will have games on.

The Cowboys/Cardinals game is forcing us out of our room and into the ESPN Club on Sunday. How big are the TV’s there and how early should I get there??

Thanks!

Bar in wl. Great!