Got 'Ohanas at the last minute!

OK, I never get this lucky. We got a late night reservation at 'Ohanas for next Saturday!! Does anyone know if they still pipe the MK fireworks onto the porch or something like that?

There’s a porch at 'Ohana?
I never knew that.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1042632]There’s a porch at 'Ohana?
I never knew that.[/QUOTE]

I honestly do not know. I just remember reading somewhere about the music being piped in. I will have to research.

Yes, they dim the lights and turn up the music inside the restaurant while Wishes (or whatever) is going. We got the corner table for Wishes - great meal, fabulous view.

Great Score!!

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;1042640]Yes, they dim the lights and turn up the music inside the restaurant while Wishes (or whatever) is going. We got the corner table for Wishes - great meal, fabulous view.

Great Score!![/QUOTE]

Awesome!:whistling

Good for you I hope you get a great table with a great view!

What time is your ADR? :happy:

Fireworks behind glass just doesn’t do it for me.
In a similar vein, I just got an 8:45 reservation for Crystal Palace on Thursday night.
This means, we’ll be done with dinner by 9:45 and in a good position to view the 10 PM fireworks. Plus, we’ll have enough time to hit Space Mountain and get back out to the Hub in time for the 11 PM parade (maybe). Of course, if we get a window table, we’ll be able to watch the 9 PM parade as well (although we won’t hear it so well).

thats great congrats…enjoy

Last trip we had a table that you could see the castle, but you could only see some of the fireworks because of trees. But even without the trees, they just look so far away. I couldn’t understand the stories of people fighting to get the right ADR or just holding the table to see the fireworks. I guess I’m spoiled standing on main street. Even with seeing them from TOW, it’s nice, no crowds, back to the room in 30 secs, but I think still loses some of the magic.

Jo-Jo, I’ve taped fireworks from the beach and also from Sunset Point (positioned between the two palm trees) and had a fairly good view. From the beach, there aren’t really any trees between you and the MK, just so long as you make sure you’ve got a clear shot view down the waterway.
I’ll admit that I was taping when I watched from out there and I didn’t hear music. But of course, you know that when you sync up that video with stuff from in the park, you magically have all the music:biggrin:

We seem to agree that some of the magic is missing in other spots, but much of the magic for me is hearing the explosions.
One question, what is TOW? I’m scratching my head with that abbreviation. I know that if you’re in the Contemporary they broadcast show audio on one of the Disney info channels, so you can watch on your balcony and still hear the soundtrack.