Got our ADRs (and only a week out!)

Yeah! It was a bit challenging finding ADRs this close to our departure date, and we didn’t get exactly what we wanted, but here’s what we have.

11/7 - arriving POFQ approx 2:30

Early Dinner ADR at 5:00 @ Turf Club
Not sure about this one for the kids, although they list pizza and the boys will ALWAYS eat pizza. DH, however, loves lamb, and this is our anniversary celebration dinner.

11/8 - MK (for those who saw my poll on this, this was the clear winner)

Late Lunch ADR 2:20 PM @ Whispering Canyon Cafe - this gives us a break from the park and will also give us the opportunity to visit this resort for the first time.

Tried to get CP or Chef Mickey’s for breakfast, but couldn’t get anything! :angry:

Home again Monday morning. Sigh. Too short a trip, but better a little WDW than no WDW!

Well at least you were able to get Turf Club and Whispering Canyon Cafe, and who knows, perhaps once you are on property you might have some luck with a breakfast adr.

Have you thought about Cape May for a breakfast adr?

Congrats! That is amazing. . . sounds like a great trip.

We did Cape May at Beach Club for breakfast last year and really liked it. Characters were fantastic and similar to the ones at Chef Mickey.

Cape May - not a bad idea! I’ll run it by DH and see if he wants to do a breakfast ADR rather than lunch. CP being in the park and Chef Mickey’s being a monorail-ride away were positive points for a breakfast ADR, but we also have talked about seeing the Beach Club at least once.
Does anyone know if the Christmas decorations will be up yet at BC? That would be another selling point for DH!

Fantastic in more than one way. Fantastic that you got almost all of what you wanted and fantastic because even with free food, it doesn’t seem to be too busy. I cannot wait for your report. You’ll put up a report, won’t you?
I was so worried about the crowds.

@Dopey - so glad to hear about the crowds. I expect Epcot will be busy with the last day of F&W, so maybe it’s best we’re going to another park, anyway. Just wish we were hopping this trip, as I’d love to go for a little while and then head over (or back, as the case may be) to MK.
But $120 for a 1-day Parkhopper for the 3-year old just doesn’t seem worth it.

Oh, and yes, I expect to post a TR when we get back!

[QUOTE=Cynsayshi;1002611]@Dopey - so glad to hear about the crowds. I expect Epcot will be busy with the last day of F&W, so maybe it’s best we’re going to another park, anyway. Just wish we were hopping this trip, as I’d love to go for a little while and then head over (or back, as the case may be) to MK.
But $120 for a 1-day Parkhopper for the 3-year old just doesn’t seem worth it.

Oh, and yes, I expect to post a TR when we get back![/QUOTE]

$120 for the little person? That’s crazy :blink::ohmy:
I love to hop that way too. If it gets to busy in one park, hop on over to the next. I have a feeling I am not the only one who does that :redface::laugh:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1002614]$120 for the little person? That’s crazy :blink::ohmy:
I love to hop that way too. If it gets to busy in one park, hop on over to the next. I have a feeling I am not the only one who does that :redface::laugh:[/QUOTE]

Ya think?

:laugh:

No kidding! I’ve been trying to convince DH to just bite the bullet and get his 10-day non-expiring ticket now, since DH and I both need to get new ones on our next trip, and buying 2 is certainly less than buying 3, but he is pretty adamant that we wait on the little one’s ticket. Grr!

Dang, what is wrong with husbands sometimes? :pirate:

Sometimes?!?!?:laugh:

Glad you got most of your ADRs. You will have a great time. Can’t wait for your TR.

Only 2 1/2 days before we get on the big silver bird and are off to WDW! Yeah!!!

I am still trying Chef Mickeys for December. Anyone got ADR’s for the 15th or 16th and dont mind adding a few to the table? We dont bite and the children are adorable, atleast thats what we’re told.

It’s nice to hear that you got most of the ADRs you wanted. We just got back on Monday, and with the exception of Crystal Palace, very few of the restaurants were full. We ate at Yachtsman, LeCellier (and they were taking walk-ins the night we went), Victoria & Albert’s (half empty for the 5:30 sitting), Chef de France (which was close to full both times we ate there), and Cape May Cafe (breakfast and dinner). The parks weren’t nearly as full as last year…Epcot crowds grew as the day progressed with substantial crowds in the evening. We had minimal wait times for rides…walked onto quite a few with no wait.
We saw many families bring their own food and beverages to the parks. The stores didn’t seem very busy either…most (with the exception of the large stores) only had one register open and no lines waiting to check out.
It looked like, despite all the promotions, people aren’t spending money in the parks or restaurants.
And…it was HOT, HOT, HOT…for the first time since 1983, I actually spent time in the pool. But…a magical time was had by all…even seven month old Kennedy (who managed the heat pretty well) fell in Disney love…entranced by the characters (and other kids.)

If it was me I would love to add you to our table but only if I could hear you sing :biggrin:

Well, I would send you to our church’s website, but right now they dont have a wmv of me on the front line singing so you thats out for now. But hey, If it gets my son in to Chef Mickey’s… I’ll do it!:ohmy:

Dangit, the other hangup now is that I am going to WDW in 3 days, not in December :pinch:

:mad: Well, you’ll just have to change your dates…