GPS system for busses and resorts

Anyone ever sitting in their room getting ready head for the bus stop wondering what the status of that bus is?

Wouldn’t it be cool if you had a clock in your room as well as in the food court area telling you how far away the next bus is.

It seems like I always just miss it. When you get there you have to stay because it might be just around the corner. Sometimes I get there and realize I’ve forgotten something back at the room. Then I wonder if I have time to go back and get it.

Five years ago this might have been tough but i think it would be pretty easy to do now. I know the busses go to different places all day but I think the imagineers could figure this one out.

My DS just had great idea. Instead of having to install a clock in every room use one of the channels on the TV.

Well, can’t wait to hear what you all think.

I think it would be awesome! It would be wonderful, at least in my opinion. There have been so many times when we just missed a bus, or have waited forever for a bus.

That’s a great idea. I always just barely miss the bus.

A Disney traffic report channel would be great. They could update us with the status of the buses, park crowds (as well as hours and fireworks and parade times), and restaurants that have openings.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;945348]That’s a great idea. I always just barely miss the bus.

A Disney traffic report channel would be great. They could update us with the status of the buses, park crowds (as well as hours and fireworks and parade times), and restaurants that have openings.[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking Victoria. :slight_smile:

Pssst, the buses are all lo-jacked and GPS guided and have been for a good 18 months.
I’m not sure how to make use of that info. Also, remember they are all dispatched by radio, so if someone knows the frequencies they use, you could probably find a scanner that would let you listen in on the bus routing.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;945348]That’s a great idea. I always just barely miss the bus.

A Disney traffic report channel would be great. They could update us with the status of the buses, park crowds (as well as hours and fireworks and parade times), and restaurants that have openings.[/QUOTE]

I think there is a channel of the TV that does some of this? There is a channel dedicated to the resort you are staying at, and it tells you all the events around the resort along with the park hours, parades and firework schedules for the day. I think it even tells you the times the buses leave, like every 10 minutes, etc.

Wow! That’s a great idea. They could even post RIDE wait times.

It would be great if there was a countdown clock at the bus stops that the next bus will arrive in X mins. Again, do I have time to refill my drink mug etc.??? There are times you just miss a MK bus, so you think we’ll go to Epcot instead, only to have another MK bus show up BEFORE the Epcot bus.

I would love a clock in my room that tells what time the bus is comming. So much time is wasted on waiting.

Ditto…at POR the gift shop was a very short walk from the main stop. I’m sure that if they had that clock that their sales would go way up in that store with people killing time waiting for the bus.

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;945341]Anyone ever sitting in their room getting ready head for the bus stop wondering what the status of that bus is?

Wouldn’t it be cool if you had a clock in your room as well as in the food court area telling you how far away the next bus is.

It seems like I always just miss it. When you get there you have to stay because it might be just around the corner. Sometimes I get there and realize I’ve forgotten something back at the room. Then I wonder if I have time to go back and get it.

Five years ago this might have been tough but i think it would be pretty easy to do now. I know the busses go to different places all day but I think the imagineers could figure this one out.

My DS just had great idea. Instead of having to install a clock in every room use one of the channels on the TV.

Well, can’t wait to hear what you all think.[/QUOTE]
Wow, that would be so cool. Too bad Disney doesn’t accept ideas :pinch:

what a great idea!!