Grab a $57 Disney Deal - While It Lasts

Saw this on another site . . . hope someone can use it! :happy:

It’s not often I can tell you about a deal this good at Disney World. [B]The new Holiday Inn Hotel in the Walt Disney World® Resort[/B], next to the Downtown Disney Marketplace, is offering a $57-a-night deal for the first lucky families to book it. The special rate is good from the hotel’s opening date of November 15 to December 21, with no minimum stay required.

Once the special rates are gone, even the regular rates of $110 are a deal considering the freebies: parking, wireless internet and kids’ meals (with Kids Eat Free™) are all included. For families, there is a refrigerator in each room, rooms with two queen-sized beds (not doubles) or a king with a pull-out sofa, an arcade and a brand-new zero-entry swimming pool.

The resort is walking distance to Downtown Disney, which has free admission and plenty to see and do, including a 24-screen movie theater, a hot-air balloon attraction which gives a panoramic view, an interactive fountain and tons of family-friendly restaurants. A free shuttle from the hotel connects you with the rest of Disney’s theme parks.

Examiner.com’s Jeff Titelius reports that the hotel originally “opened as a Howard Johnson’s in 1972 and was one of the four original hotels comprising Hotel Plaza at Lake Buena Vista…Through the ages, Howard Johnson’s later became a Courtyard By Marriott and it was during that time when the hotel suffered significant damage from the hurricanes in 2004 resulting in shuttering the hotel. It’s been closed ever since.”

Well, no more. I spoke to Doug Smith, director of sales and marketing at the only Holiday Inn within the Walt Disney World property, who told me, “It’s more than a renovation. Everything’s been stripped to the bone, to the concrete. Power, electrical, everything is brand new. It’s basically a new hotel, with a totally different look. This hotel will symbolize Holiday Inn’s new brand look.”

[B]Why $57? Holiday Inn is celebrating 57 years, and it seemed like a fitting tribute by the newest addition to the chain. Book online at Holiday Inn Downtown Disney Resort Area or call (800) 467-1538. [/B]

Thanks! We just booked this for 8 days in November. We aren’t sure we are going yet, but better to book now and cancel later.

The key is you have to ask for this rate. Otherwise, they quote a price of over $80.

Also, they charge a parking rate of $8 per day even if you self park. I verified this on their website which also offers the $57 rate.

So, will that allow for EMH and other goodies the resort guests get?

[QUOTE=Captgoodguy;975698]Thanks! We just booked this for 8 days in November. We aren’t sure we are going yet, but better to book now and cancel later.

The key is you have to ask for this rate. Otherwise, they quote a price of over $80.

Also, they charge a parking rate of $8 per day even if you self park. I verified this on their website which also offers the $57 rate.[/QUOTE]

Glad you were able to use it. The resort looks really nice!

I’m sure your post was well intentioned but for those that are newcomers to WDW it is right that you know the Holiday Inn is not a Disney owned resort. It therefore does not offer all the perks that go with staying at a Disney resort. You should be aware of this.
Joe

[QUOTE=subvetss;975711]I’m sure your post was well intentioned but for those that are newcomers to WDW it is right that you know the Holiday Inn is not a Disney owned resort. It therefore does not offer all the perks that go with staying at a Disney resort. You should be aware of this.
Joe[/QUOTE]

Yes! But, EMH is about the ONLY thing you do not get staying at this resort. Since it is in walking distance to DTD, you can use the internal bus system to take you there if you want too. BUT they offer their OWN shuttle service.

I pulled this right off their site:

Exclusive Resort Guest Benefits
* Complimentary and continuous transportation to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks
* Guaranteed Access and Preferred tee times at Walt Disney World® golf
* Advance reservations at Walt Disney World® restaurants
* Access to Disney Character Breakfasts
* Walking distance to the Downtown Disney® area
* Guest purchases at Disney® attractions can be delivered to hotel at no extra charge

I think that for $57/night this is a SMASHING deal . . . the description online sound like it’s a high end place.:happy:

Fresh from a $25 million dollar top-to-bottom makeover, the hotel has upgraded all facilities including guestrooms, meeting and banquet space, restaurant and lounge, lobby, atrium and pool. Individual rooms will offer 32” LG ®- LCD HD televisions, granite bath counter tops, premium pillow-top mattress bedding, Rainforest Alliance® certified coffees, complimentary wireless and wired Internet access as well as Garden Botanika® bath amenities.

Sounds like an awesome deal! Thanks for posting this!

[QUOTE=subvetss;975711]I’m sure your post was well intentioned but for those that are newcomers to WDW it is right that you know the Holiday Inn is not a Disney owned resort. It therefore does not offer all the perks that go with staying at a Disney resort. You should be aware of this.
Joe[/QUOTE]

True but in our case, we typically go for a pageant and stay at the Hilton that week. As part of this, we always turn it into an extra Disney trip. This shaves almost $400 off the cost of the hotel expense so it works out for us.

Now if this was only a Disney trip, then we would definitely be staying on property.

I guess you can’t use the Disney Dining plan when you stay at this resort??

What an incredible deal. Honestly, its got us looking again at our December trip. It looks like an awesome resort.

I took that deal and made ressies for myself along :sad: for Nov. 15 - 22. The rooms look great. So, instead of $2600 and some dollars I pay under 500.

No you can’t, but what you’d save in lodging will more than cover the extra you’d spend by not being on DDP. If you’re looking at this from a budget aspect it’s great. But if you’re looking at it from a convenience one go with your regular stays.

Some friends of ours just drove up from Sarasota to have dinner with us at Ohana this past Sunday night for my daughter’s birthday. They are planning a trip in November, and said they’d like to stay in the Polynesian. They asked a CM to show them one of the rooms, and they loved it, but were told that it would be around $355/night. My friend’s DH said they could stay two nights at that rate instead of their originally planned 5 nights, and my friend was going to go for that! Being the more penny-pinching one in the group, I told them about this $57/night rate, and they booked it for 5 nights (Nov 27-Dec 2) this morning! So now they are paying $320.00 for 5 nights - less than the cost of 1 night at the Poly.

I’m sure this can’t compare to staying at the Poly in terms of Disney magic and atmosphere, but if it’s between staying for 2 nights and staying for 5 nights, I’m glad they opted for the new Holiday Inn. It really is a great rate.

WOW!! I’m so glad this is working out for everyone . . . can’t wait to see the TRs!

When you put it like that, its hard not to take the deal. Big difference!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;975718]Yes! But, EMH is about the ONLY thing you do not get staying at this resort. Since it is in walking distance to DTD, you can use the internal bus system to take you there if you want too. BUT they offer their OWN shuttle service.

I pulled this right off their site:

* Guest purchases at Disney® attractions can be delivered to hotel at no extra charge[/QUOTE]

Where did you find this information? I thought only Disney resorts receive this benefit. I didn’t find anyting about this on the Holiday Inn website or the DTD hotels website. I’m pretty sure even the Hilton doesn’t have this service and they get EMH.

Right on the HOME PAGE: The Holiday Inn Walt Disney World® Hotel in Orlando, FL

Right side, scroll down a bit

Whether it’s a company meeting, weekend getaway, destination wedding or an extended stay vacation with the family, the Holiday Inn helps vacation dreams become a reality. Located within the Walt Disney World® Resort, the hotel is just a short walk from all the Downtown Disney® area has to offer.

* Complimentary and continuous transportation to Walt Disney World® Theme Parks
* Guaranteed Access and Preferred tee times at Walt Disney World® golf
* Advance reservations at Walt Disney World® restaurants
* Access to Disney Character Breakfasts
* Walking distance to the Downtown Disney® area
[B]* Guest purchases at Disney® attractions can be delivered to hotel at no extra charge[/B]

We took the deal as well and booked for Dec 2 thru the 10th. We’re saving big dollars as well. We looked at the pros and cons and this is well worth it! Thanks Jen for the info!

that and the fact that (not that I plan to) it can be cancelled 2 days prior to arrival date and no money down.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::happy::happy::happy::happy:

We will be at WDW at the same time!!!