Grand Californian question

In about 4 days I will be all checked in at the Grand Californian Hotel. Even though Daniel and I stayed there once before I have a couple last minute questions for some resort pros out there.

Everytime we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel I absolutely LOVED going down to that little coffee shop next to the Neverland pool early in the morning to get quick breakfast like yogurt, fruit, cereal, etc. It opened really early, I think like 6am. Is there anything like this available at the Grand Californian, where I can just get a quick yogurt/fruit when I wake up?

How early does Jamba Juice open? Or La Brea Bakery? Does La Brea have items like that or is it solely pastries?

Thank you! :flowers:

Wow…how do you get your family up that early!!!..lol…I know jamba juice isnt open that early but I think the LaBrea Bakery is…my DW says the best coffee in DL is the shop in DTD next to the book store. They have quite a variety of breakfast stuff.

That would just be a short walk from the GC and then you could jump on the monorail.

Hi WishUponAStar, as you stated like all hotels have an area to go and grab some pasteries. The last time I stayed at GFR was a while ago so I don’t remember exactally. Their are two places that are quick serverice… ones a sport bar called Gasparilla Grill & Games the others Cool ship which I can’t find info about. I would call and ask.

• Justin

[QUOTE=evansfmly5;926302]Wow…how do you get your family up that early!!!..lol…I know jamba juice isnt open that early but I think the LaBrea Bakery is…my DW says the best coffee in DL is the shop in DTD next to the book store. They have quite a variety of breakfast stuff.

That would just be a short walk from the GC and then you could jump on the monorail.[/QUOTE]

Well, my family consists of my husband & I. hehe. We are naturally early risers, for me the world has always started before the sun comes out. But then again, I go to bed by 11pm. :laugh: He’s not coming with me on this trip, may Dad is, and he’s an early guy too. Thanks for the tip on that place next to the book store, I know exactly what you’re talking about, but none of us drink coffee at all either. :laugh:

Maybe I’ll just take a walk over to that little shop I know is open early at the Disneyland Hotel.

[QUOTE=Justin;926306]Hi WishUponAStar, as you stated like all hotels have an area to go and grab some pasteries. The last time I stayed at GFR was a while ago so I don’t remember exactally. Their are two places that are quick serverice… ones a sport bar called Gasparilla Grill & Games the others Cool ship which I can’t find info about. I would call and ask.

• Justin[/QUOTE]

I think you’re talking about the Grand Floridian in WDW. :huh:

Although it isn’t a pastry shop, the GC does have White Water Snacks. It’s sort of a quick service place. They have a small selection of breakfast items, cooked to order and they have a small pastry area. I’m not sure when they open though:huh: We have eaten at La Brea Bakery several times in the morning, but never before 7:30 ish. There is always Beignets at The Jazz Kitchen take out window!!! YUMMO!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;926270]In about 4 days I will be all checked in at the Grand Californian Hotel. Even though Daniel and I stayed there once before I have a couple last minute questions for some resort pros out there.
[/QUOTE]

I am so jealous… One of these days I will be staying at the Grand Californian. Perhaps before the heir apparent turns 18… :pinch:

Your best bet is to hop skip and jump to Downtown Disney…

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;926270]
How early does Jamba Juice open? Or La Brea Bakery? Does La Brea have items like that or is it solely pastries?

Thank you! :flowers:[/QUOTE]
Jamba isn’t open all that early
I was going to suggest that you might consider the Catal for breakfast, but upon looking at the website, it appears they don’t do breakfast anymore…
La Brea does have more than pastries. You have the option of sit down or do the cafeteria line. That might be your best bet, since it does get you closer to the Disneyland.

The GC does have the little breakfast/snack area down past the entrance into the CA park. I am not sure what time they open, but I believe they do have yogurts and snacky stuff. There is no coffee better than over at Compass Books. It is down towards the DH. GC does have the coffee area just to the right of where you enter the park from the regular entrance. The name escapes me at the moment, but I am sure you know what I mean. lol How long are you staying? Have you stayed there before? We have stayed at the GC three times now… normally we stay at the DH… but decided to mix it up this time. :slight_smile: Hope you have a great trip!!! Amy (the DW)

I totally forgot to answer your question about Jamba Juice… I believe they open at like 10am or something like that. My DH would know for sure, cuz that is his FAV… mine would be COFFEE… Its a little hike over to Compass Books from where you are at… but well worth it! They also have some decent coffee inside the parks… NOW that they have White Chocolate to go in it. lol I love my raspberrry white mochas… or a vanilla white mochas. Hope you have a great rest of your trip!!! Amy… the DW

White Water snacks in DCA (its down the way from the Napa Rose) has a pretty good amount to choose from in terms of food items, I believe they open between 6am-7am, you will have to call to find out, I dont recall at the moment. Jamba Juice doesnt open until I believe 8-9, if I recall they opened 1-2 hours prior to the retail stores opening. Compass Books and Cafe is open fairly early as well, serving just about the same you would find in The Coffee Shop at the DLH.

Thanks guys. We ended up just getting something light once we got into the park, or munching on some stuff my Dad brought with him in a bag on the plane. We had a couple bananas & biscuit cookies in there. :smile: