Grand Floridian Cafe for Dinner?

Starting to plan our dinner plans and have never tried the Grand Floridian Cafe. I have a 9 and 7 year old that are good eaters. We were thinking this would be a great place for dinner after a day at MK. Anyone eaten there recently?

Haven’t gotten there ourselves, but I don’t recall seeing anyone complaining here.

GFC is a light atmosphere with great food. They have a great menu with something for everyone. We usually escape MK mid day for a relaxing lunch and did dinner years ago. Again, great food. You will enjoy.

It sounds good, but I haven’t been. I’d LOVE to go!:wub:

Never did dinner there, but loads of lunches. One of our favorites for lunch.
Great food.
Had a Cobb there this Holiday Season… “I” liked it better than Brown Derby and the BD is definitely one of my favorites @ Disney.
Hummm, now that I think about it, I filled out a card to have the salad dressing recipe emailed to me but haven’t received it yet. Hope they didn’t forget <g>.
Frank

We never had dinner there. However, breakfast there is wonderful.
So if breakfast there is good, I can imagine they do a pretty nice job for dinner as well. Nothing special, but good.
Read the reviews on allearsnet.com !

When we stayed at the GF last May (2010), We strolled by the Cafe a couple of times and saw that they had a steak sandwich that looked tasty! We saw several children in there eating, we had planned to stop in but never got the chance. You now must go and tell us !!! :laugh:

We had lunch there last year and it’s now one of our favorites. Food was very good as was the service. We enjoyed the ride over on the boat too.

I want to go because I really want to try that Lobster-Asparagus Burger. I just haven’t been able to bring myself to paying $18.00 for a Burger:blink:
You’ll have to let us know what you ordered and how it was.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1064373]I want to go because I really want to try that Lobster-Asparagus Burger. I just haven’t been able to bring myself to paying $18.00 for a Burger:blink:
You’ll have to let us know what you ordered and how it was.[/QUOTE]

It is TOTALLY worth it.

OK sounds like GF cafe is a hidden gem! I am definately going to try it and report back! Thanks everyone for the input.

Had lunch there today (1 Feb 11).
Very enjoyable and relaxing.
Food was great.
Frank

From the sounds of it the Cafe is worth visiting! We haven’t been there either and will be visiting the MK in April. Does anyone know if they require a reservation at the Cafe?

It sounds like they are not very busy, but just in case I made ADR their for my next trip…now just have to decide for sure if thats where we are eating! So many choices

>>Does anyone know if they require a reservation at the Cafe?<<

I’ve never had them for lunch, but I don’t know about dinner.

Frank

We had reservations when we went for lunch, but wouldn’t have needed them. It’s a fairly large place. They sat us in the corner with windows all around. Very nice. You can take the monorail over from MK, but we took the boat. More relaxing.

>>You can take the monorail over from MK, but we took the boat. More relaxing.<<

Hee, hee, Yesterday, we were getting ready to walk up the monorail ramp when we saw the boat.
You are right… very relaxing!!!..Not that there is anything ever wrong with taking a ride on the monorail <g>.
Frank

We usually just walk up. We did wait one time for about 30 minutes but we killed time shopping at the GF adn walking around the resort.

We ate there twice (bfast and lunch) in 09, and both for the life of me I cannot remember a single thing I ate. And that says a lot. We are huge foodies and I cannot remember anything I ate. From our breakfast, I do remember they had great coffee, almost as good as Kona. But, it was nothing spectacular that I recall.

You ordered eggs and bacon!
Had you ordered Lobster Eggs Benedict, you would have remembered. and had you ordered the Lobster Burger, you would have remembered lunch, right Mickeybug? :biggrin: