Grand Floridian Cafe opinions

We are thinking about trying this for lunch one day during our next visit in January. Any reviews or suggestions on menu items that we should try?

Hey Cliffhanger, long time no see.
I sort of reviewed it for breakfast in my trip report post #64. We loved it there. I made the ADR there because of all the good reviews on allearsnet.com.
I think you cannot go wrong. Service is very good, the food was excellent. Anytime when I can get a decent Sauce Hollandaise, which is a real difficult thing to get these days, I am a very happy camper.

Why yes…yes I can.
We popped over for lunch unplanned a few years ago and I had this:
The Grand Sandwich - Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws

It changed my life. I got it without ham because I hate ham but to tell you the truth if they had put it on there I probably wouldn’t have cared. This was amazing. The Boursin Cheese Sauce almost scared me away from ordering it. I had no idea what Boursin Cheese was…I was anticipating a nasty nacho cheese kind of mixture…it wasn’t. It was pure deliciousness.

Here’s a picture.

And I am almost 100% sure I got french fries instead of onion straws.

[QUOTE=Dopey;990807]Hey Cliffhanger, long time no see.
I sort of reviewed it for breakfast in my trip report post #64. We loved it there. I made the ADR there because of all the good reviews on allearsnet.com.
I think you cannot go wrong. Service is very good, the food was excellent. Anytime when I can get a decent Sauce Hollandaise, which is a real difficult thing to get these days, I am a very happy camper.[/QUOTE]

Hey Dopey! Crazy summer over, back in the schedule of things again.

Thanks for the review, sounds like a keeper on our list. It is so hard to find a really good Hollandaise sauce isn’t it? :happy:

[QUOTE=cinderbella;990822]Why yes…yes I can.
We popped over for lunch unplanned a few years ago and I had this:
The Grand Sandwich - Open-faced hot Turkey, Ham, Bacon and Tomato, with a rich Boursin Cheese Sauce and Fried Onion Straws

It changed my life. I got it without ham because I hate ham but to tell you the truth if they had put it on there I probably wouldn’t have cared. This was amazing. The Boursin Cheese Sauce almost scared me away from ordering it. I had no idea what Boursin Cheese was…I was anticipating a nasty nacho cheese kind of mixture…it wasn’t. It was pure deliciousness.

Here’s a picture.

Photos of Grand Floridian Cafe, Orlando - Restaurant Images - TripAdvisor

And I am almost 100% sure I got french fries instead of onion straws.[/QUOTE]

OMG!!! I was actually looking at that on the menu as a possibility!!!:laugh: I love Boursin. It was between that and the Burger with Lobster…yummo! :wub:

I seem to remember mine having more cheese than the one in the picture…I feel like it was all hot and melty. I want one of these SO bad now.:pinch:

The picture shows a table without table cloth. I wonder if that’s the right place, because at the GF Cafe, there are white linens on the tables. Beautiful.

We were there for dinner and loved it. The prime rib was the best.

It is because that’s the sandwich I promise. It looks like it’s an older picture so who knows.

Haven’t been there for lunch, but we had dinner there, and enjoyed it. Service was top notch!

I’m getting excited now! I always like to try a few new things every trip. This sounds like a goodie…yum. Can’t wait to try the the sandwich, maybe I can get DH to get the burger and we can share… so I can have my cake and eat it too! (or in this case, sandwiches) :whistling :wink:

We are going to try the cafe for the first time this trip

Please let me know how it was when you get back. I can’t wait to try it. We are going for lunch next trip.:happy:

We try to go there every trip for lunch. Highly recommended.