Grand Floridian Gingerbread House

We’re planning on going and checking the Gingerbread house out when we arrive on Sunday. I thought I read that the house is a sweet shoppe during the holidays, is this true? and if so does anyone know what the hours are? I can’t find anything on the WDW website.

I do know that it’s a shop which sells gingerbread houses, Christmas Stollen and cookies, but I do not know the operating hours. Why not call the resort and find out?

Funny you should ask, I think I took a pic of the sign with the hours! I will look for it and get back to you!

If you’re interested in seeing the Disney Xmas decorations in Disney, the chocolate horse caroseul in the Beach Club is a MUST:wub::wub:

Here is a pic of the Gingerbread house that I took on Thanksgiving.

On the backside there is a small counter type store. The CM stands inside it. There are gingerbread houses for sale as well as gingerbread tiles that are the same as those on the gingerbread house, choc covered oreos and a couple other things I can’t remember. It wasn’t that much though.

The smell is incredible! It’s hard to believe that the whole thing is edible!! Definately a site to see!

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;909525]Funny you should ask, I think I took a pic of the sign with the hours! I will look for it and get back to you![/QUOTE]

Great, Thanks!

By the way, congrats on your BLT purchase.

[QUOTE=ssn;909612]Here is a pic of the Gingerbread house that I took on Thanksgiving.

On the backside there is a small counter type store. The CM stands inside it. There are gingerbread houses for sale as well as gingerbread tiles that are the same as those on the gingerbread house, choc covered oreos and a couple other things I can’t remember. It wasn’t that much though.

The smell is incredible! It’s hard to believe that the whole thing is edible!! Definately a site to see![/QUOTE]

AWESOME…I can’t wait for the kids to see this…Ican smell it already!

[QUOTE=Dopey;909502] Why not call the resort and find out?[/QUOTE]

I called today, they’re open from 10am-10pm, the CM said that they also have photopass photographers on the premises for pictures…which is great, cause I did the whole pre-order deal.

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;909643]I called today, they’re open from 10am-10pm, the CM said that they also have photopass photographers on the premises for pictures…which is great, cause I did the whole pre-order deal.[/QUOTE]

Great!
you only have 4 days to wait :happy:
Have a great trip

[QUOTE=Dopey;909651]Great!
you only have 4 days to wait :happy:
Have a great trip[/QUOTE]

I KNOW!

I can’t wait to be immersed in Disney and all it’s Christmas Cheer!:tinytree:

Good thing you get ther before us. When we’re done, all it’s gonna be is a ginger-crumb pile.

I so regret not going to see that on our New Year trip! We just didnt have time and by time we did - all the hotel decorations had been taken down, literally in one night (at AKL anyway!)
If the whole things edible what happens to it all after xmas? Do they break it up and sell it off or bin it? Seems like such a waste!

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;909696]Good thing you get ther before us. When we’re done, all it’s gonna be is a ginger-crumb pile.[/QUOTE]

:laugh:How many days were you planning to dedicate to turning this into ginger-crumbs Boss?

It’s nice to hear that they have photopass photographers here. Our pictures from last year didn’t turn out as well as I’d have liked. Have fun!

[QUOTE=allirella;909903]:laugh:How many days were you planning to dedicate to turning this into ginger-crumbs Boss? QUOTE]

Days? Are you kidding me? The boys are like locust, they can strip a roasted bull to bones in minutes. This puppy would be a snack. A warm-up, if you will.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;909696]Good thing you get ther before us. When we’re done, all it’s gonna be is a ginger-crumb pile.[/QUOTE]

Don’t make me laugh!
I saw them taking it apart on Jan 2.
It’s a real Victorian house underneath the gingerbread siding.:laugh:

[QUOTE=Campbell87;909901]
If the whole things edible what happens to it all after xmas? Do they break it up and sell it off or bin it? Seems like such a waste![/QUOTE]

They throw away all of the “siding and roofing”. I’m not sure how edible it is after being on display for 7 weeks along with it being baked months before.
I think the same holds for the gingerbread carousel at Yacht Club.

Wow I wonder how long it took to put the house “together” and take it back down… Where do they keep the house when its not Christmas? So many many questions are brought about by the pictures!!! HAHAHA I like how its not all gingerbread but everybody thinks it is its funny!