Grand Floridian Villas on the Way

Milking the cash cow that is DVC, plans are underway to add villas to GF.

It hasn’t affected any of my stays to this point, but what could it mean for GF fans.

story here

Walt Disney World Resort Update (Walt Disney World Resort Update) by Mark Goldhaber

some plans redirecting the water here:

http://my.sfwmd.gov/cmsdk/content/ifs/apps/RegDocFolder/ERPTechnical/110307-4_plans_2011022286188.pdf

If they build it…

I will add on points there.

The Disney brides on DISboards are very upset. The site is right by the Wedding Pavillion, so they are worried about how the construction (noise, appearance) is going to affect their ceremonies and pictures. I feel for them.

Wow! I would love to stay there one day!!! BLT and this would be where I would rent points some day!

I think Grand Floridian Villas kind of sounds awesome! I’m excited to see what they will be like. Considering GF is one of my favorite decorative-styled resorts on site! :]

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1070534]If they build it…

I will add on points there.[/QUOTE]

Yea, another spot for Mike to take super pictures,…

now there are three things guaranteed in life…death, taxes, and DVC Mike adding points. :happy:

Bad location cramming it in betwen the Wedding Pavilion and Main building.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1070654]Yea, another spot for Mike to take super pictures,…

now there are three things guaranteed in life…death, taxes, and DVC Mike adding points. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Looking for the like button!! (We so need one of these on here!)

Agreed. Is there no room on the other side of GF to add buildings?

The pavillion location is great since it stands alone from the main buildings. Helped create that fairytale atmosphere. So much for that.

I know, I’m rather disappointed… :frown:

And, it’s probably going to ruin the lovely view of the WP from the GF and the GF from the WP.

What’s on the other side of GF where the parking lot ends? Any space for Villa’s there? Sure hate that the view may be spoiled.:sad:

It’s leaked to the news: Disney World Planning Grand Floridian Addition - Theme Parks News Story - WESH Orlando

If they build it;
They will come.

the ground on the other side of the GF (behind adventureland) is not adequate for building…

Here is a little photoshop version for you to get an idea of how a new building would fit in to the location.

Blech. I do not like how close it is to WP!!!

Also, isn’t it kind of massive in comparison to the rest of the resort???

Who needs the stuffy old wedding pavilion. Have your wedding at the Beach Club, Dinner at B&C and open bar at Hurricane Hanna’s. Then before the end of the night everyone can ride the Jib Runner slide.

Actually, I was leaning towards the GF marina… :blush: (My mother is not a fan of the WP, but I am starting to grow fond of it. :laugh:)