Grand Floridian

I have a friend who is going to Disney World in October for her birthday. They are planning to stay in the Grand Floridian. She’s never stayed there, and she knows I LOVE Disney. So she asked me what to expect, but I have no idea because I’ve never stayed there. Any help??:blink:

We’ve never stayed there, but have visited to attend the brunch at 1900 Park Fare. The grounds and the buildings are beautiful, so I would expect the stay in the rooms to be wonderful. Have you pointed her to the site AllEars.Net - The Unofficial Disney Planning Guide for Walt Disney World, Disneyland and the Disney Cruise Line There are bound to be pictures there. Also, I usually find videos of the different resorts on youtube, so you might want to point her in that direction!

Good luck!

We stayed there for our 10th anniversary for nine nights. We had a park view “dormer” room that was really nice and beautiful. It is a fantastically nice and well maintained resort. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are immaculate, and the staff is really friendly. We really liked the resort. However, it isn’t our first choice in regards to the resorts. Like I said, really nice, really pretty, but doesn’t have the same “magic” as other resorts like the Poly (our favorite), or Wilderness Lodge. GF just doesn’t have much in the way of theming or design that comes off the same way as the others.

If it is two adults on a honeymoon or romantic trip, it is great. Family with kids? Not so much. Our daughter got bored with it pretty quick. We don’t think we would stay there again, but just because the other options appeal to us more.

Oh yeah, fantastic restaurants too!

OH I love GF, never stayed there myself, but it is on the ‘wish list’- tell her the character breakfast and dinner at 1900 Park fare are a ‘must do’ and of course the grounds are so lovely too.

I love the GF. It’s very light and airy… love the Victorian charm.

You can tell her it’s just a monorail stop away from Magic Kingdom and there is a wade-in swimming pool with a slide and a waterfall.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1068356]I love the GF. It’s very light and airy… love the Victorian charm.

You can tell her it’s just a monorail stop away from Magic Kingdom and there is a wade-in swimming pool with a slide and a waterfall.[/QUOTE]

Hummmmm…Victoria… Victorian charm… Am I missing something here?

Now how should we interpret the ‘airy’ part??? :laugh:

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1068377]Hummmmm…Victoria… Victorian charm… Am I missing something here?

Now how should we interpret the ‘airy’ part??? :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh: When I was a little girl, I used to cross the “N” out! I thought they had misspelled my name! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The GF is great. It is light and airy, and very laid back. As with any resort theme, it is not for everyone. Personally, we love it. The staff and amenities are superb. The restaurants on resort are the best (not that you could not be off property and go there). The grounds are always immaculate, and being on the mono-rail is a extra bonus.