Grand Floridian.....Here we come!

Well, I misbehaved today. Was fiddling on the dvc website while eating my lunch at work and came across two nights in January open for a studio at the Villas of Grand Floridian. Well, of course, I couldn’t just let them sit there, so I booked it. The great thing about it is one of the two days falls on dh’s birthday. So, we’ll celebrate his birthday soaking in the newest dvc resort, and then head on over to our favorite, AKV Jambo for the rest of the week. I got so excited about this, that I didn’t even think I don’t like flying in January because of the snow and ice. It took Disney to get me on a plane. Now it’s taking the Grand Floridian to get me on a plane in the snow!!!

By the way, I did this without talking it over with dh. He was fine with it when he found out tonight (I am truly blessed with the most awesome husband!)

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1135397]Well, I misbehaved today. Was fiddling on the dvc website while eating my lunch at work and came across two nights in January open for a studio at the Villas of Grand Floridian. Well, of course, I couldn’t just let them sit there, so I booked it. The great thing about it is one of the two days falls on dh’s birthday. So, we’ll celebrate his birthday soaking in the newest dvc resort, and then head on over to our favorite, AKV Jambo for the rest of the week. I’m got so excited about this, that I didn’t even think I don’t like flying in January because of the snow and ice. It took Disney to get me on a plane. Now it’s taking the Grand Floridian to get me on a plane in the snow!!!

By the way, I did this without talking it over with dh. He was fine with it when he found out tonight (I am truly blessed with the most awesome husband!)[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great trip…I hesitate to fly out of here in Jan and Feb too but Disney has gotten me on that plan during the winter!! Happy Planning…

Sounds great, don’t worry about the weather and flying just enjoy your trip.

How lovely! I had no idea that the DVC at the GF was anywhere close to ready!

It’s actually not even open yet. I believe it’s scheduled to be opened October 23rd. But, they made reservations available to be booked starting June 23rd and it’s been booked solid since then. The points are comparable to BLT, at least for the studios that I’m aware of. What I think is one of the best thought out options for the studio, is that when you are facing the vanity (which has a tv in the mirror!), to the right is the normal bathroom with a tub/shower and toilet, but to the left, there is a separate shower. Can’t wait to stay there!

A part of me wants to stay at gfv but I dont like the way it’s decorated. I just want to be there to experience it lol

I just saw the pics of the new Villas - they are gorgeous and not granny-like at all. Do take tons of pics, Beth!

Lucky you were “misbehaving” and caught the opening!

I definitely will. I’m sure I’m going to drive dh nuts when we first walk in going crazy with the camera!:laugh:

If you are so inclined, I would love some of those pics. I am currently working on a project and you will save me a ton of time if you don’t mind sharing them. If you do, I understand. They will be public, but I will be sure to give you credit for them. email me if you have any questions.

I’m so excited for you . Can’t wait to hear all about your trip .

Dana, I’m totally fine with the pictures. Would love to share! Can’t wait to see the outcome of your project.

Do you have a link to the pictures, Dana?

Nice!!! We are staying there in Nov.

Similar thought: I didn’t expect them to be on line by January.
I guess this project is moving along faster than I thought.
Of course, this is an easier build than the Bay Lake Tower.
Fifteen floors calls for different engineering than five floors.
If only the Seven Dwarfs ride was ahead of schedule.