Grand gathering

Since I had a bunch of reservation numbers for a BLT stay, I called to have them linked for ease of making ADRs. I had mentioned there are two rooms, one for us and one for DS. When I got the new number it had the normal dates and then Grand Gathering TW******. I’m assuming it because we are traveling with other people. Does it mean anything beyond that? Has anyone else seen this?

I thought they got rid of Grand Gatherings. In the past, Grand Gatherings let you book special things like parties in the park or extravagant events like that. I think it’s when you traveled with a party of 9 or more people.

The Grand Gathering number is just a formal way to link the reservations together. They are not the old school “Grand Gatherings”.

That’s what I thought.

I had given the kids the choice of a bigger villa or more days at disney. They picked more days at disney. So we will have two studios. I hope the rooms close together.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1139622]That’s what I thought.

I had given the kids the choice of a bigger villa or more days at disney. They picked more days at disney. So we will have two studios. I hope the rooms close together.[/QUOTE]

If you have them connected, Disney will do everything they can to have you as close as possible. I would kindly remind them again at check-in that you are together and forgo online check-in.

Dh and I are going down two days early. At that time, I plan to ask about it again and when they come down on tues, but willing to wait for a room. They could always hang out in our room if need be, if it takes awhile for a good location become available. We can cope.

Once they (pre-baby) stayed with us one night in a value studio at AKV. We had suitcases ALL over the place. That room is a little small to start with but pull out the sofa bed and add 7 suitcase and a couple of carryons…:ohmy::ohmy:

It means you are special. :laugh:

So that’s why we get the rotten rooms?

Just kidding, the only room we really hated, was the pool view we had a jumbo. The afternoon games had a PA speaker under our bed I think. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO loud.

We’ve had rooms three miles from lobby and rooms two steps from elevator. Some see fireworks, once stared at luggage truck (cause was so sick, who cared), but all in all we’ve been happy.

The Boardwalk is terrible at this. For our Oct 2012 trip I had a “travel with” confirmation number attaching all of us together (4 rooms). I also called way ahead of time to make sure we were all linked and requested our rooms be as close as possible to each other…was told that the “request” was noted, but they couldn’t guarentee it…yeah I know…

Anyway, I called the week before, and then again the day before - but when we checked in - guess what…our rooms couldn’t have been further apart unless we were at different hotels…I mean…it was rediculous. I complained, and they did end up getting 2 of us near each other…but the other two rooms were on different floors and different wings. We had one 2 bedroom, and 3 studios - all pool/garden view. I can’t understand why they don’t do a better job with this…it’s so important to so many people. By the way…this isn’t just a Disney thing…I have a hard time with this in every hotel that I book multiple rooms at.

I had the same problem at the Boardwalk in Oct 2011 as well. We had 3 studios. 2 Garden/pool view, 1 standard. We were linked, etc. When we checked in our rooms weren’t near each other at all. They ended up getting us all on the same floor - but we were not close to each other. One room was ALL THE WAY to the end of the Boardwalk rooms (anyone that has stayed in one of those rooms knows what I’m talking about), and the other 2 were closer to the elevator - but not near each other…

Hopefully you will have better luck at BLT, and better luck than I have. No matter what, it will be OK…

I read a TR at POP the rooms were so far apart, it was like they said, we don’t like them, keep them away.

I will keep my fingers cross.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1139663]I read a TR at POP the rooms were so far apart, it was like they said, we don’t like them, keep them away.

I will keep my fingers cross.[/QUOTE]

LOL!! That is what it was like for us…hmmm…maybe my family is doing this behind my back…LOL!:blush:

When we took our big family trip in 2011, we had excellent luck with “traveling with” at POFQ and terrible luck at Kidani. I thought we might be more spread out at POFQ since we checked in around midnight but we had 4 rooms right in a row in building 4. It was amazing.

Then we moved to Kidani and our two 2-bedrooms were near each other on the same floor but the studio was on the other side of the lobby on a different floor. They were able to move the folks in the studio closer to us after the 1st night but it was a bit of a bummer at first.