Grand Gatherings Breakfast

Hello! Has anyone ever done the Grand Gatherings Good Morning Breafast at Tony’s? I have read that it is better than any other character breakfast. Any opinions? We wanted to do this on our last trip but couldn’t get in, so we are planning for next January.

I was at Disney in December and did 2 GG meals, one of which was Tonys. I was extremely disappointed in both of them. I didn’t think they were worth the money.

At Tonys the main characters are there…Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy, Goofy, and Pluto. Its just like a regular character breakfast except that it takes waaaay too long. I think this is because they only have one seating, so the characters have to go through the whole restaurant before the rest of the entertainment can start. Once they are done, Tony announces every birthday/anniversary/special event in the place and then he has the kids come out and dance for quite a while.

Lastly, each family gets their picture taken with Mickey…so if you’re the last family picked, get comfortable. As for the food, there is no ordering. Everyone gets the same thing. Cinnamon rolls, mickey waffle, sausage, scrambled eggs, and potataoes. You also get a special GG pin for going. The only part I felt was worthwhile was the pin and getting the whole family in a pic with Mickey. It took over 2 hours by the time we left and we were the first family to get to leave.

Remember this is just my opinion and there are probably people out there that would disagree. I was just very ready to leave and do some normal park stuff about half way through breakfast. I know the rest of my family felt the same way because we asked more than once if we could just go, but they insisted we stay for the Mickey pic. I personally think a regular character breakfast is better due to time and food. If you go to Chef Mickeys or CP the food is going to be MUCH better and you can spend as much or little time as you want.

Does the breakfast start before the park opens? And How much is the picture with Mickey?

It started at 9, when the park opened so we got into the park before opening. The picture of Mickey was a photopass photographer so we put it on our card. A couple of my family members also had the photographer use their own cameras.

Thanks for the info!