Grandmas On A Budget

undefinedundefined
HEY GUYS FIRST TIME TO USE DISNEY CENTRAL WE HAVE PLANNED A WEEK AT DISNEY BEGINING MAY 27 I NEED ALL THE HELP I CAN GET I AM PAYING FOR ALL SIX OF US WE HAVE 3 GRANDCHILDREN 7 6 4 THEY WILL HAVE ABALL BUT WE DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT EATING ON SITE OR WHAT MUST BE DONE AND HOW MUCH IT COSTS. WE DONT WANT TO MISS THE IMPORTANT THINGS PLEASE FILL ME IN WITH ALL OF YOUR GOOD INFO. WE ARE STAYIN IN THE SPRING HILL SUITES DO ANY OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THEM?

First of all - welcome! I hope you enjoy DC! How great that you’ve got a vacation to look forward to and how nice that you’re footing the bill - you must be a great grandma! (no pun intended). Gosh, where to eat - that’s a big order. There are literally hundreds of places to eat at WDW - could you give us an idea of whether you want sit-down restaurants, counterservice, snacks - your likes and dislikes - what parks you’ll be spending most of your time in. I know it sounds overwhelming - but don’t worry - we’ll be happy to guide you through. Nothing we like better than giving advice. :wink:

WElcome to Disney Central. As llama said, there is litterly hundreds of places to eat. My best suggestion to you is to get the Unofficial Guide to WDW at the book store and read it cover to cover. It will tell you everything you must and should see and also teach you a trick or two about saving some money and some time waiting in line.

Hi!!

What a great thing for you to do!!! You will surely create some very magical memories!!!

A great website you should check out is allearsnet.com. It will help you with all the menus and costs.

I’m sure someone will be along who knows about the spring hill suites though.

Have fun planning!

oK HERE WE GO tHE KIDS ARE PICKEY AND WE ARE FROM THE SOUTH NOT FANCY PEOPLE BUT LIKE TO GET OUR MONEYS WORTH WE TOOK OUR CHILDREN TO DISNEY WORLD AT THE AGE MY GRANDCHILDREN ARE NOT SO THAT HAS BEEN ABOUT 23 YEARS AGO. wE WANT THE KIDS TO HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME. SHOULD WE DO THE CHARACTER MEALS WE HEAR SO MUCH ABOUT. ARE THEY MORE EXPENSIVE THAN OHTER PLACES. AND IS IT THAT BIG OF A DEAL FOR THE KIDS. JUST TELL ME YOUR FAVORITE PLACES. AND ALL THE ADVICE YOU CAN HANDLE GIVING. FROM $-$$$$

character meals are a little pricey but worth it for the looks on the kids faces

My favorite character meals
Crystal Palace in MK if they love winnie the pooh and gang
Chef Mickeys at the contemporary if they like Mickey and they gang
CRT ( the castle in MK ) if they are into princesses

I also like Liberty tree tavern in MK for dinner they have a turkey dinner and Minnie Chip and Dale and pluto there

Ohanas breakfast is also a buffet and they have LiLo and Stitch there

again a great website for menus is this one
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

character meals are a little pricey but worth it for the looks on the kids faces

My favorite character meals
Crystal Palace in MK if they love winnie the pooh and gang
Chef Mickeys at the contemporary if they like Mickey and they gang
CRT ( the castle in MK ) if they are into princesses

I also like Liberty tree tavern in MK for dinner they have a turkey dinner and Minnie Chip and Dale and pluto there

Ohanas breakfast is also a buffet and they have LiLo and Stitch there

again a great website for menus is this one
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menus.htm

One character meal would probably be a good choice: Almost all of them are buffets - so you’ll get a good selection of foods. Every buffet has a “children” buffet with the usual kid favourites, chicken fingers, mac and cheese, etc. Most sit-down restaurants will be pricey for 6 people. There are plenty of good counter-service restaurants that offer more reasonable choices. But - we really have to know what parks you intend to visit - all of them? Just the MK? Tiggerlover gave you good advice on Chef Mickey’s & Crystal Palace. Laurengold gave you good advice about reviewing allearsnet.com. Dana gave good advice on getting the Unofficial Guide. WDW is the kind of place that you MUST make plans for and there’s no quick, easy way to do it. I don’t mean to sound negative - but putting in a little bit of planning work now will pay off in the long run.

Some good counter-service in each park:

MK - Pecos Bills and Columbia Harbour House
Epcot - Harry Ramsden’s Fish & Chips Stand in United Kingdom in World Showcase
Disney Studios - The Commissary
Animal Kingdom - Tusker House
Marketplace at Downtown Disney - The Earl of Sandwich

Just wanted to welcome you to DC!! :happy:

Welcome to DC!

I’m not sure what your budget is, but if you wanted to include nicer restaurants, including character meals, you could look into the dining plan!

There are links to it on www.allearsnet.com as well as www.disney.com
and right here on DC
:c)

I hope that helps
!

Hi and welcome!
Such a nice thing you are doing for your grandkids!

My advice would be to hang out here at Disney Central, read some of the old posts and ask some questions.

Here is another web site to help with your dining plans:

http://pscalculator.net/

I would also suggest talking to the DisneyWorld guest services when you arrive at your first park and ask them to help with your ticket selection. You can save a little money by buying some of the options, like adding a visit to the water parks, if that ispart of yourplan.

You will be amazed how well they can set you up with the perfect tickets!

If you want to see Cinderella, I would suggest going to 1900 Park Fare instead of dining in the Castle. They just raised the prices of the princess meals in the castle so I think its a better deal at 1900 Park Fare.

Welcome to DC. Just jump right in and start asking any specfic question you may have. Check out the rate and review area where you will get lots of opinions on all the resturants.
These are my favorites:
Epcot- LeCellier (best steak)
MK- Liberty Tree travern
Poly- Ohana
Contemp- Chef Mickey

If you could swing it stay on property, the perks you get are worth it especially during a busy time of year. Values cost just as much as an off property site.

As for the 4 year old…take an umbrella stroller trust me you will need it.

Welcome to DC! I too would say you need to do at least one character meal while you are there. A good way to save $$ is eat a late lunch at the character meals. They are little less expensive than the dinners and if you eat late you will be so full you will not need dinner just maybe a snack. Also another great $$ saver is to eat breakfast in your hotel before hitting the parks and packing the kids some snack in a bag pack instead of buying in the parks. The character meals I would recommend are:
1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree Tavern

Have a great time!

Gosh Thanks For All Of The Good Advicwe Keep It Coming This 1900 Park Fare Shounds Like A Good Characture What Kind Of Price Are We Talking About

I went one time to Disney when I was on a major buget. I found that eating breakfast was great. A huge, huge savings for us was taking drinks into the park. We would take soda or juice or bottled water and get ice if we needed it when we got food. We also took snack crackers and stuff like that with us.

As for recommendations for less expensive eating, I really like the food court at the Land in Epcot. Also, going to the boardwalk is fun. There is a walk-up station for whole pizzas at Spoodles, which could be money saving and it is just an exciting place for all ages. I do agree with checking with the guidebook and allearsnet.com. Very helpful. And also, many of the restaurants post their menus within easy view from the outside.

Hey Jude - Welcome.
Have you looked into the Disney Dining plan? With a group of your size, this should give you a lot of flexibility, and establish a firm budget for you.

The breakfast buffet is adults $18.99, children $10.99 (3-10)

The dinner buffet is adults $28.99, children $13.99 (3-10)

Hey there. Welcome to DC. It’s such a great thing you’re doing, taking your grandkids to WDW… If you’re interested in adding a 32 y/o big kid to your grandkid roster, I’m available. :biggrin:

I wanted to suggest checking out one of the WDW planning books. I’ve found that they offer a lot of info and are pretty easy to use. They work well in addition to the online info you find. You can but them at your local bookstore, or you can find them online. Here’s a couple links.

Unofficial Guide on Amazon

Fodor’s Guide to WDW with Kids on Amazon