Great adventure

so i hear that disney might buy great adventure out because they are going bankruptcy. Has anyone else heard that?

What is great adventure?

great adventure is a theme park and they have one in nj. they have a few in us

I haven’t heard about that possibility at all.

Mousemom: Six Flags, affectionately referred to as ‘Great Adventure’ by New Jersians, is a theme park chain across the country.

Oh ok. Thanks wish.

well that is what i heard so wasnt sure but i do know they are going bankrupt. i would love it if disney did because they would change it and make it more family friendly and i be in my glory lol.

I could see them buying one or two properties MAYBE… but that chain is just SOOOO huge & expensive. Seriously. I don’t see them buying out that company at all. We’ll see, ya never know.

well we just bought our seasons passes for great adventure and then all sudden i hear this …i was like omg what. so i know they wont close this season but next year who knows.

If I was a bettin’ woman, I don’t think I’d bet on this. Everything would have to be refurbished to Disney theming.

Well, honestly, just because they declare bankruptcy doesn’t mean they are going to close all their park gates for good, or at all even.

Nice thought, but I doubt it! Disney builds from the ground up! :happy:

Anyway, here is some info about Six Flags/Great Adventure

WDEF News 12
Published on WDEF News 12 (WDEF News 12 | News, Weather and Sports for Chattanooga and the Tennessee Valley)

Six Flags Amusement Parks May Declare Bankruptcy
By WDEF
Created Mar 13 2009 - 10:28pm

Will there be a summer season for Six Flags Over Georgia?
 The company that owns the Atlanta amusement park is in deep financial trouble.
 Officials with Six Flags Incorporated say they may need to file for Chapter Eleven.
 The Atlanta park has already opened early this season and reduced prices in an attempt to raise some quick cash.
 But their stock dropped again on Friday, and company officials will brief investors over the weekend.

thanks i knew i would find out here. plus disney doesnt like these locations because they are not open all year.

I thought Great Adventure was like the kiddie version of Six Flags? I remember going there as a kid… there was this awesome foam ball playground. You like collected balls and shot them at people and all kinds of fun stuff.

And then there was a trampoline area… and mini rollercoasters. Ahhh… good times.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;945004]I thought Great Adventure was like the kiddie version of Six Flags? I remember going there as a kid… there was this awesome foam ball playground. You like collected balls and shot them at people and all kinds of fun stuff.

And then there was a trampoline area… and mini rollercoasters. Ahhh… good times.[/QUOTE]

The one in NJ has larger coasters, wooden ones too. During the summer, we’d leave the house at like 6am and spend the WHOLE DAY there. They had a drive through Safari too . . . we used to feed bananas to the chimps, and they’d climb all over the car! :laugh::laugh:

they dont let the monkeys by the cars anymore…too much damage

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;945004]I thought Great Adventure was like the kiddie version of Six Flags? I remember going there as a kid… there was this awesome foam ball playground. You like collected balls and shot them at people and all kinds of fun stuff.

And then there was a trampoline area… and mini rollercoasters. Ahhh… good times.[/QUOTE]

I do not remember Six Flags Great Adventure like that! It was ALWAYS a large amusement park with a bunch of Roller Coasters.

I’m thinking of the one in Atlanta, Georgia. There’s Six Flags Over Georgia, the water park, and Great Adventure. Maybe it’s American Adventure?

Aha! Birthday Parties, Group Events, Go-Karts and more at American Adventures!

OH, I thought they shut down that part at the NJ park YEARS ago!! Last time I was there, was some 20 years ago anyway . . . looooong time ago! :whistling

I bought my Season Passes last month so I hope they don’t close!:blush:

I saw the article in the paper last month. They have debt to pay by August and looks like it’s not going to happen.

If anything happens I hope they get bought by a better company and the park is brought up to higher standards!