Great Places to Eat (And Save $ In Orlando)

We are traveling to Disney in November - we are staying outside the park and would like to eat outside as well - any good ideas for good meals AND DEALS would be great - please give name and location??? Thank you thank you:confused:

Are you looking to stay on the park side, what type of food, and what type of price range.

Isn’t there a cici’s pizza close by? that’s always a good choice - cheap, decent and tons of it!

If you can (and have refridgerator, etc) - do breakfast in the room. We pack breakfast bars, muffins, poptarts etc and cereal/milk (when we have a fridge) and eat breakfast in the room. This saves lots of money.

Look for an orlando coupon book online and see if you can find any deals.

get restaurant.com certificates and use those - wait until you can get a deal like a $20 certificate for $2. There are quite a few for around WDW.

I was going to recommend eating breakfast in the room also. Then, there are plenty of affordable choices at Disney Parks too. I just had a ham and cheese crossiant from the bakery in france. Can’t remember excact amount, but around $3.50 only. Then, don’t forget you don’t have to purchase bottled water. You can ask for a cup of water from any food place and they will provide one for free.

There is!

Cici’s PIzza

Just go north on 535 and turn left on Hotel Plaza Blvd to get back to Disney property (right into Downtown Disney).

Also, right at the intersection of 535 and Hotel Plaza Blvd, there is the Crossroads. Lots of restaurants here (Fridays, Buffalo Wild Wings, and Sweet Tomatoes, to name a few). And as the first reviewer says, “cheaper dining than Disney!” :laugh:

Crossroads of Lake Buena Vista

There’s a Mexican place right outside the DTD gate, Chevy’s I think, and prices & food were good.

We’ve stayed at Holiday Inn (Sunspree) down the road once and ate at Applebee’s inside the hotel. Kids ate free, food was good and service was awesome.

192 has pretty much every chain restaurant you can think of.

Most of the food courts offer freshly made omelets at breakfast for only $6.99.
They are good and they are less costly than the sit downs.

Earl of Sandwich for lunch where all sandwiches are $5.99, hot, and pretty filling.

Bring cold cuts and bread from home so you can make sandwiches in the room for snacks or quick meals (we’ve done this for about 3 years now on every trip).

And just outside WDW on 535 at the first main cross street north of the Hotel Row is one of Miller’s Ale Houses (probably Orlando Ale House) where prices are good and there are plenty of TVs showing sports.

If you want something normal priced and you want a buffet try Golden Corral.
Golden Corral
7702 West Irlo Bronson Memorial Highway, Kissimmee

People have listed some great ideas already. We always but a case of water and a case of beer so as to reduce those costs.

I have heard very good things about a place called Sweet Tomatoes which sound like something like Panera Bread. There is one in the Crossroads shopping center I think near DTD.

If you have boys, there is a Hooters back that way as well which is always a loud fun time. Food is good and the scenery is better! :laugh:

Like everyone said there is every chain possible on Rt 192 in Kissimmee. We have a vacation house near there and there is everything there.

I would also try Restaurants.com. they offer $25 gift certificates sometimes for as little as $2 and include some of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants.

Good Luck!

Second vote for Earl of Sandwich - excellent quality at a good price. I guess it’s because it’s a novelty to us (we have nothing like it here), but we love Crackerbarrel. Especially after a ton of rich food - we actually go to get the Chef’s Salad there. It’s the best Chef’s Salad I’ve ever tasted. And Waffle House. I adore Waffle House.

[QUOTE=skwak;1094917]People have listed some great ideas already. We always but a case of water and a case of beer so as to reduce those costs.

I have heard very good things about a place called Sweet Tomatoes which sound like something like Panera Bread. There is one in the Crossroads shopping center I think near DTD.[/QUOTE]

Ooh, I like Sweet Tomatoes! But it’s more like a Souplantation. Actually, it IS a Souplantation! It’s a loooong salad bar, with a hot bar, soup bar, potato bar…

I mean, it’s not gourmet cuisine, but I like it.

In Disney Parks there are so many choices to eat superb meal.