I am sitting in WLV this morning waiting on a work conference call I couldn’t miss out on while my wife and daughter are out in MK having “Mommy/Daughter” time.
I thought I would share some observations with you from this week before we head home tomorrow and we can do a full trip report.
- Crowds are much higher than expected. Even the cast members have commented on the crowds.
- The crowds are overwhelmingly international visitors, with Spanish being the primary language everywhere we go. That said, we haven’t been accosted by a tour group yet, and have enjoyed meeting lots of interesting people.
- The dining reservation system is SUCKING right now while we are here in the park. The new mobile website goes up and down, works or doesn’t work from day to day. Then, when we find a reservation and call in, you are lucky if you actually get the reservation. We actually lost Akershus SIX times the other day while on the phone trying to get it for the next day. We would find it on the mobile website, call in, the agent would find it, start signing us up, and “poof, it is now gone sir”. SIX TIMES throughout the day. Glad to say, at 7am on the morning of the meal we wanted, we got it from our Ipad.
- The new Wifi is awesome with anything but an iPhone or an iPad. On those devices you have to disconnect and reconnect, over and over to keep the connection up. With my PC? Not a problem at all.
- WLV is awesome. Great location and our favorite Villa yet. Thanks again to Paul from DVCRentalStore, this whole thing went down without a hitch.
- Hoop Dee Doo, we had our best time ever. We paid for Cat 3 because of our horrible experience with Table 99, and got a free upgrade to a Cat 1 table! We had great seats and had alot of fun. One thing though, Table 99 is still there… I was told over and over on the phone after I complained that they would get rid of it. Nope, it was still there, and the family in it was ticked off and miserable because the wait staff stood in front of them the whole meal.
- California Grill was amazing. Fantastic food, a window table with a prime fireworks viewing, and a great meal with great friends.
- MNSSHP was a blast! Great parade, great fireworks, great access to rides. Decent candy. Some trick or treat sites were just giving away one piece of candy, some handfuls. It was alot of fun, and we would do it again. Much better than the Christmas party.
When I get home I will fill you guys in on our trip report. We are sad to head home, this has been a great trip.