Grocery shopping service

This next trip we (DH and I) are staying at BLT/BCV for 11 nights. After two nights, DS and family are coming down. We will have two studios. I just asked WeGoShop if they deliver to the rooms at BLT. The answer is no. Only to SSR and OKW. I also wanted to get delivery on the day DS comes down, since we could just combine orders.

[I]The only resorts that allow us to go to the rooms is Saratoga Springs and
Old Key West.

You can request a day other that arrival but most people do not want to do
that. All of the other resorts, Bay Lake included, require that you meet
us out front of the building at the time of delivery where we settle up,
then either you and your party can carry the groceries to your room or
bell services has to assist you (they are union and it is in their
contract). It is not our policy.[/I]

I thought I read people saying how they had groceries delivered to the room by garden grocer. Any recent knowledge of the rules?

We’ve always used We Go Shop and been happy with the service. I know they have brought our order to our room at least twice if not every time. We may have met them in the lobby once or twice but it wasn’t a big deal for us to meet them. I think they have also met us in the lobby and then wheeled the groceries to our room with us. Maybe things have changed in the last 18 months.

We’re going to use We Go Shop again next summer. We don’t cook in the room but we like to have soda and water in the room.

We do breakfast in the room. I’ve packed a few things and picked up a few things at a disney store. But this time we will have our DGS with us. It makes sense to buy what we need thru a shopping service.

It just sounds like from the email I got from them, I must get the groceries from them outside and then how I get them to our room is up to me.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1140689]We do breakfast in the room. I’ve packed a few things and picked up a few things at a disney store. But this time we will have our DGS with us. It makes sense to buy what we need thru a shopping service.

It just sounds like from the email I got from them, I must get the groceries from them outside and then how I get them to our room is up to me.[/QUOTE]

How much are you ordering? If you have four adults you cold meet your order in the lobby/out front and carry it up. If you’re getting a lot you could get bell services to bring it up for a tip. Either way it doesn’t seem like a lot of time or effort, 15 minutes tops I would think.

I think we’d have to get bell services to help. I don’t have a list yet, but I’d say a case water, maybe 8 -10 2 lt.bottles of soda, several cartons of juice and milk, fruit, snacks, breakfast stuff and baby stuff for DGS.

A trip a yr ago at BCV we went shopping ourselves and needed bell service to help and it was a pain. First valet helped unload the car, then told me he couldn’t go any further. I didn’t want to, but I gave him a tip. Then I had to go HUNTING for help. I left my groceries (which had frozen stuff) outside. I went over to bell services in the lobby to ask for help and after being told they would send someone out, I went and waited. After ten mins I went back in again, and again someone was coming, after about 20 mins I finally had some help, and of course I tipped him also. That whole affair left a bad really feeling with bell services and groceries.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1140695]I think we’d have to get bell services to help. I don’t have a list yet, but I’d say a case water, maybe 8 -10 2 lt.bottles of soda, several cartons of juice and milk, fruit, snacks, breakfast stuff and baby stuff for DGS.

A trip a yr ago at BCV we went shopping ourselves and needed bell service to help and it was a pain. First valet helped unload the car, then told me he couldn’t go any further. I didn’t want to, but I gave him a tip. Then I had to go HUNTING for help. I left my groceries (which had frozen stuff) outside. I went over to bell services in the lobby to ask for help and after being told they would send someone out, I went and waited. After ten mins I went back in again, and again someone was coming, after about 20 mins I finally had some help, and of course I tipped him also. That whole affair left a bad really feeling with bell services and groceries.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I’ve never had an experience like that with bell services. They are usually the most helpful people we meet at the resorts. That’s too bad you had a bad experience.

Ok,you have a few options-try bell services again and see how it goes, hope We Go Shop will help you get your groceries to your room, or do it your self. Here would be my plan if we couldn’t carry all the groceries to the room in one trip–have everyone go down to meet the groceries and all but one adult take back what they could carry in one trip while the last adult waited with the rest of the order. Once the rest of the group gets back what’s left goes up to the room. I would think two trips and 15 minutes should about cover it. Is it perfect? Nope, but it could get done in two trips with a little work.

That seems to cover all the options.

As mentioned, Dh and I are arriving on Sunday but I’m going to request delivery on Tues morning. That’s when DS and family arrive and the order will be for both rooms.

I thought I read somewhere that Disney is only letting certain vendors in their buildings now for groceries and baby equipment.

You should prbably try and get intouch with Dana. She would know.

I saw that with scooters, but was not aware of anything with groceries.

Disney hasn’t done that with grocery services yet. I am dealing with Garden Grocer again. They are back on point.

I was just looking at garden grocer and it seems they can’t bring orders to the room either. This is from their website.

[I]Are my groceries delivered directly to my hotel room?

If available, we can deliver your groceries directly to your room if you will be in the room during the two (2) hour delivery window. Call us with your room number and our driver will do their best to coordinate delivery directly to your room.

Please Note:
Any deliveries to a Disney Resort will be placed in bell services according to Disney policy. Once you arrive contact bell services and Disney staff will take your groceries to your room.[/I]

So I’m guessing this is something new, since I’m sure I’ve heard stories of groceries being delivered to the rooms.

I don’t mind tipping bell services if I went right from the delivery service to bell services to the room. My issue is if I had to tip bell services for accepting my bags and then tip again when they bring them my room 6 hours later.

I know I sound cheap but all those extra $10 - $15 here and there add up.

If they can’t unload them, split the tip between them and bells’ services. Why pay double?