Grrr- why must disney website be so bad?

I wanted to try to change a time for an ADR. I got on the website and it comes up with some like “welcome, your next visit is 68 days” and a spot where it says BCV such and such a date, 10 dining reservations and a couple of other bits of info. So then I click on the link for the dining reservations and up comes…You have no current reservations…no room, no meals, no nothing. I know they are still there, I’ve been thru this dance before, but I need to find the ADR/Room confirmation numbers elsewhere to pull up the info. It’s just frustrating when it APPEARS to be easy to check on something, but it’s really three extra steps.

It makes NO sense to me that they can’t get it right. It really seems like their web people are just not that good.

It’s always amazed me how Disney can excel at so many things, yet their websites continue to be frustrating and inadequate!

Sorry to hear that Joanne, its really frustrating. I don’t trust their web site at all, its very hit and miss.

The problem is probably that the web site is not created here in the states but in India. Being a programmer I have seem many companies outsource their web sites to companies that have no knowledge of what is needed by their clients but it is cheaper to do it than have it done by people in the company that knows what is really needed.

To access your actual reservation and ADR’s you have to go to “my vacation” and use your confirmation number. Truth be told, I am glad it’s this way. If someone had your Disney log on or if you system kept you logged on to their site, someone would have the ability to tweak your trip. That is not cool. I am happy that you have to take the extra step to access your trip information.

Well, I have had the opposite problem. I have a reservation starting their week (YEAH!) and I have been checking it constantly. I have sometimes pulled it up where I have had to enter the reservation number (only once or twice), but most times it is there. Sometimes, I had to click the my reservations button, and when the box pulled up where you could find your missing reservations, I could see them under this box.

On a side note, my parents are also going, and my kids are staying in their room. Well, my Dad never got emailed a confirmation, but for some reason, I had his number. So, I entered his reservation number, and I could not even look at it until I could tell it his last name, and where he was from. at least there is that security for the system.

I do know that they just did an update on Thursday, and the system was offline the whole day.

Usually when I log into Walt Disney World Resort, the first page tells me how many days until my trip, mentions the DVC resort and there is a box that has info like this.

Upcoming Reservations
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Tue, Nov 20, 2012 - Sat, Nov 24, 2012
Rooms & Vacation Packages (2)
Dining (4)

I should be able to click on either the room or dining link and all my details comes up. Is this just for DVC? But there are times that when I click on the link, then it says I have no reservations. Anyway I just find it frustrating that is should be working one way and it doesn’t all the time.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1103001]Usually when I log into Walt Disney World Resort, the first page tells me how many days until my trip, mentions the DVC resort and there is a box that has info like this.

Upcoming Reservations
Dining (4)

I should be able to click on either the room or dining link and all my details comes up. Is this just for DVC? But there are times that when I click on the link, then it says I have no reservations. Anyway I just find it frustrating that is should be working one way and it doesn’t all the time.[/QUOTE]

I just tried it for our reservation and all the links show what I want to know. This is the first time that I have seen this. Never before have we stayed at a DVC resort though. This is cool.

Ummmm…have you tried it again, jo-jo?

have you clicked that link below to find your reservation?

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1103001]Usually when I log into Walt Disney World Resort, the first page tells me how many days until my trip, mentions the DVC resort and there is a box that has info like this.

Upcoming Reservations
Dining (4)

I should be able to click on either the room or dining link and all my details comes up. Is this just for DVC? But there are times that when I click on the link, then it says I have no reservations. Anyway I just find it frustrating that is should be working one way and it doesn’t all the time.[/QUOTE]

I’m not sure what is going on with that. My trip says how many days until my vacation and where I am staying. That’s all it has ever shown, so I wouldn’t even have known if it was suppose to be different:laugh:

I can’t look up my reservation on my disney travel agent program because it’s booked my Disney Travel and not by me as an agent…silly stuff.

I have said this before and I will say it again, my company provides a major service for Disney and we are held to an amazingly high standard. So high that if we falter for even seconds they ream us to an extreme amount. However, they seem to have far lower expectations of their own internal divisions. I am always amazed at the low performance level of their own very important and possibly critical website.

For the wonder that Disney is, this is one thing I just don’t understand.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1103004]I just tried it for our reservation and all the links show what I want to know. This is the first time that I have seen this. Never before have we stayed at a DVC resort though. This is cool.

Ummmm…have you tried it again, jo-jo?

have you clicked that link below to find your reservation?[/QUOTE]

Last night I tried it again and it gave me my list of ADRs but I had no place to stay. I reloaded the page again and everything seemed to be working. It just seems to be messed up more often than not.

That website is so loaded with crap that I can see where it fails now and then. Too many graphics to make it sparkle…

I am glad you have a place to hang your hat, jo-jo.

Well I have inside knowledge about disney’s web site but I am not at liberty to divulge but suffice it say it is constant flux,it too k them 6 weeks to fix my broken sign in only to disneyland website, but I could still sign in to WDW,after many conversations and them finally realizing something was broken on their end it got fixed,Disney is a huge company and someone is always making a decision to spend money to upgrade things problem is it has never been integrated together so they fix one thing and break two thers,an example of this is the ever changing phone system,try that one every so often …From what I can say is they have spent a fortune on a system I believe is called NEXTGEN…and it will include some interesting features like booking ride times months ahead of your arrival etc…I personally cannot wait to see the chaos around that,I f anyone of you guys where around for the computer glitches concerning the INDY RIDE here in DLR,you will remember what the original ride had and what it is today…and not to mention the amount of down time…but we all still love disney,and we wish them the best

That’s it in a nutshell :cool:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1103031]That website is so loaded with crap that I can see where it fails now and then. Too many graphics to make it sparkle…

I am glad you have a place to hang your hat, jo-jo.[/QUOTE]

I was never worried that my room disappeared, but I just don’t like it when I expect to check something should take two clicks, instead I have to go looking for the confirmations numbers. I need all my extra time to hang out here. :laugh:

This is why I always phone DVC - for everything. It’s too frustrating to deal with the website.

It is totally down right now… Glad I printed my stuff off earlier last week so that I can make sure that I have all the correct info.

I have had SO much trouble with this site as well! I have reached the conclusion that it is not very compatible with a mac. I don’t have the same problems using a PC.

ALSO, if your trip is in 68 days we will be there at the same time! My countdown is at 63!

Actually our trip is in May. We are taking our DGDs and our DD to BCV and AKV. The girls don’t know about it yet. In two weeks it’s the 6 yrs old birthday and we are going to tell her then. DGD and I read a lot over the phone. We both get the same books (right now it’s the magic tree house series) and she reads to me. So while we are visiting them, I’m going to have her read to me, but in the book I’m going to place a paper saying we are going to disney. So when she turns the page…