Grrr...another dining dilemna

Okay…so I’ll be at WDW in Feb for all of 3 nights. I arrive around 5pm on a Wed and leave around 4pm on that Sat. My sister has now decided to come. She wanted to see Cirque. So we have tickets Friday at 9pm.

At the moment we have the counter service dining plan (originally when I thought it’d just be me, I figured that would be the best to maximize touring) but when sister decided to tag along I thought I’d try to get Tusker House for breakfast (I got it)…then sister wanted Ohana for breakfast (I got that too)…now we’re getting close to where CS meal plan becomes too much food and cost is almost the same if we get regular dining plan (assuming we add a dinner…I actually have 1900 Park Fare on Fri).

So in a nutshell…the two options are…

1. Keep Tusker House Breakfast and Ohana Breakfast…ditch 1900 Park Fare dinner and keep CS meal plan (pay for the 2 breakfast OOP)

2. Upgrade to regular dining plan…keep the two breakfast and 1900 Park Fare. No OOP expenses beyond the tips.

Things to consider…
My sister insists on going to all 4 parks in those 3 days (and she wants MK popcorn). I want to try to meet all 4 fairies, Bolt & Friends, and Prince Caspian (okay…I really wanted this to be the see how many character I can get my picture taken with trip…but this is fast going by the wayside with my sister’s plans). I also want my sister to ride ToyStory Mania…she didn’t get to see the last time.

So please help on making a decision. My sister says she doesn’t care what we do (yeah right but she will complain if things don’t go smoothly). I’m just not sure how balancing the 3 sit downs with the park touring is going to work out since we only have 3 night we’d have to make everything.

Oh please help!

I think this is your answer. I don’t how you’d do 3 sit-down meals and get to all 4 parks, and meet a bunch of characters (especially the fairies), all in only 3 days. I think you should stick with CS and see what happens for the rest of it.

Good luck with your decision!

I agree, it sounds like you already have a packed trip and more ADRs are only going to add to that. If you have the regular dining plan you have to use the credits or you lose them, so basically you’re locked in. If you pay out of pocket you can always change your mind at the last minute and you’re not out any money.

I say you cancel all tables except the one you both really want to do. This way you can maximize your touring and not have to be at certain places at certain times. Tell sis that you two can plan another trip in the near future and make that all about DDP. You can’t have it both ways…it’ll never work and you will both be stressed.

[QUOTE=zefyr;925437]Okay…so I’ll be at WDW in Feb for all of 3 nights. I arrive around 5pm on a Wed and leave around 4pm on that Sat. My sister has now decided to come. She wanted to see Cirque. So we have tickets Friday at 9pm.

At the moment we have the counter service dining plan (originally when I thought it’d just be me, I figured that would be the best to maximize touring) but when sister decided to tag along I thought I’d try to get Tusker House for breakfast (I got it)…then sister wanted Ohana for breakfast (I got that too)…now we’re getting close to where CS meal plan becomes too much food and cost is almost the same if we get regular dining plan (assuming we add a dinner…I actually have 1900 Park Fare on Fri).

So in a nutshell…the two options are…

1. Keep Tusker House Breakfast and Ohana Breakfast…ditch 1900 Park Fare dinner and keep CS meal plan (pay for the 2 breakfast OOP)

2. Upgrade to regular dining plan…keep the two breakfast and 1900 Park Fare. No OOP expenses beyond the tips.

Things to consider…
My sister insists on going to all 4 parks in those 3 days (and she wants MK popcorn). I want to try to meet all 4 fairies, Bolt & Friends, and Prince Caspian (okay…I really wanted this to be the see how many character I can get my picture taken with trip…but this is fast going by the wayside with my sister’s plans). I also want my sister to ride ToyStory Mania…she didn’t get to see the last time.

So please help on making a decision. My sister says she doesn’t care what we do (yeah right but she will complain if things don’t go smoothly). I’m just not sure how balancing the 3 sit downs with the park touring is going to work out since we only have 3 night we’d have to make everything.

Oh please help![/QUOTE]

I think you could totally do it! You’ll be exhausted, but you can. :happy:

You have to eat, and sometimes sitting down takes less or the same as counter service! :laugh:

The girls and I always do 3 day trips with the dining plan . . . this means one sit down a day.

It just takes planning and fast passes and hopping! But you can do it!

I always make a plan of the must dos, we do them with NO distractions, and then do the other stuff if time permits. We hop park to park too!

BTW, Inquire about priority Nemo seating tickets with your Tusker House ressie . . . they offer that now . . . it’s for 3:15pm show) AK closes at 5 in Feb. So you have plenty of time to hop to another park.

If you sit down, map it out . . . it can be done!

I totally agree with Dana! I also don’t think using a TS credit for breakfast is getting good use of your Dining Plan. Put it this way…breakfast at Tusker House is probably $18.99 per Adult. You are paying $39.99 per day for the Dining Plan! You’d have to eat $21 in CS and a snack just to break even. Not exactly easy!

I might keep the CS plan and book the 1 ADR you want to do and pay OOP for it.

GOOD LUCK DECIDING!