Guesstimate on cab fare from GF to POFQ?

thinking of taking a cab back to POFQ in order to avoid the mass exit after Wishes at MK, when we are leaving GF one night.

any ideas on what the fare might be?

We have never had a ride over $10.00 for 2 from point A to B in the World.

you can always take a bus from GF to DTD, and then ho another bus to POFQ…not the most direct route, but free…

Really?!
Most of mine have been on the order of $20, be it from Epcot to DTD, Contemporary to DTD, Contemporary to Yacht, or Epcot to Contemporary.

But it might not be so bad back at the MK. I’m guessing you’re eating at the GF and watching Wishes from outside Narcoossee’s. You could always hop a launch and grab a ride back to the MK. Depending on whether there’s a late parade that night, you might find you won’t be waiting long for a bus. Even if there isn’t, you’ll still be behind most of the crush of the first 20 minutes.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1047804]Really?!
Most of mine have been on the order of $20, be it from Epcot to DTD, Contemporary to DTD, Contemporary to Yacht, or Epcot to Contemporary.
.[/QUOTE]

I go by the stand, go up to the first car I see and offer a price, no meter. It is usually late @ night after having to many beverages and trans stops running. Very little foot traffic so they take what they can get. For all I know they pocket the fare. Fine w/ me. But I have done this during the day and it works. The other time is from the Boardwalk back to a resort. Catching a bus would mean going to DTD then to the resort by MK.

That’s what we do too. Offer and they accept.

we are eating at GF @7:20…MK’s night parade is scheduled to go off at 7pm with Wishes following @8…we are not planning on seeing either of them that night…we have plans to take those in a couple of nights later.

we could just take the monorail back to MK, then bus back to POFQ…but i was trying to think of a way to avoid the crush of the mass exit about 8:30-8:45 from MK…after Wishes is over.

thought maybe taking a cab would be the best way…
any better ideas???
please share!:blush:

[QUOTE=chottsy;1047833]we are eating at GF @7:20…MK’s night parade is scheduled to go off at 7pm with Wishes following @8…we are not planning on seeing either of them that night…we have plans to take those in a couple of nights later.

we could just take the monorail back to MK, then bus back to POFQ…but i was trying to think of a way to avoid the crush of the mass exit about 8:30-8:45 from MK…after Wishes is over.

thought maybe taking a cab would be the best way…
any better ideas???
please share!:blush:[/QUOTE]

I think I would hang out for a little while if you are worried about the mass exit. Have a drink or stroll along at the GF.

Quickest is the cab. Next is the DTD bus shuffle.

thanks for the info!

found this link:
Mears Transportation Group - Taxi Service

you can put in any WDW addy and get an estimate for cab fare…pretty cool!:biggrin:

Go to DTD, ride the hot air balloon;
Cut the tether;
Blow on the balloon to get to your destination;
Tie it off outside and ask the valet to watch your ride;
Eat and then float back to your room.

Easy peazy.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;1047884]Go to DTD, ride the hot air balloon;
Cut the tether;
Blow on the balloon to get to your destination;
Tie it off outside and ask the valet to watch your ride;
Eat and then float back to your room.

Easy peazy.[/QUOTE]

there was a time in my life that this would have seemed like a totally doable idea!:wink:

sigh it’s sad to think - what sounds like fantasy stories are real life tales from before. I never took a hot air ballon, but I have a really cool story about a life-guard boat in OCNJ.

we stayed at POP and took a cab to and from gf. one way was 16 then ride home was 15… not sure why the difference.

My DH likes to use the cabs. From SSR to anywhere in WDW we’ve never spent more than $20.00. But thanks for the tips on just offering a price and seeing if they accept it. Next time we go we’ll have to try that.

what about bus to DTD then boat back to POFQ?

I know exactly = $18.00

figures…:biggrin:
thanks!