Guest services and commission

Had a discussion w a fellow who said that Disney resort Guest Services CM’s are on commission. That surprises me and I’m a bit skeptical.
Anyone know for sure??
Thanks.
Frank

[QUOTE=fjs08;1055323]Had a discussion w a fellow who said that Disney resort Guest Services CM’s are on commission. That surprises me and I’m a bit skeptical.
Anyone know for sure??
Thanks.
Frank[/QUOTE]

I dont think that would be correct and if it is then I too would be very surprised if they were, and so I doubt that very much. I have never been sold or persuaded to buy anything at all by a CM. In fact last trip we didnt even have to buy park tickets as we had pre bought them here. At no time did our CM at Guest Services ask if we needed any- any sales were prompted solely by us.

that does not make any sense to me. I want to agree with dixie

Hmmm… doesn’t vlogilvie work in Guest Services?

She’s in Guest Relations in one of the parks, not one of the resorts.
I too don’t see how this can be possible. Most guest services requests have nothing to do with cash and often have everything to do with smoothing ruffled guest feathers.
It just doesn’t make sense and seems to be almost impossible to design a fair system of commissions even if they wanted to.
It would be more trouble than it’s worth.

That doesn’t make any sense, I have never been ask or pressured into buy anything.

I agree. Maybe they meant the DVC sales CM’s. That would certainly make more sense.

THOSE GUYS?!
You mean they’re not on commission?:blink:
(Of course they are! Selling timeshares is different.)