Had to reschedule trip for later date

So we were planning our first Spring trip to see the Epcot Garden Festival and then my brother got engaged and is getting married in June in Vegas…so…we had to postpone the Spring trip and now, hopefully, we’re going in October for Halloween, which is our usual time to go. We’re hoping to get a DVC room in the Contemporary…wish us luck.:sad:
Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled he is getting married but you know how postponing a much awaited and getting very close trip to The World is.

[QUOTE=honeypot;918536]So we were planning our first Spring trip to see the Epcot Garden Festival and then my brother got engaged and is getting married in June in Vegas…so…we had to postpone the Spring trip and now, hopefully, we’re going in October for Halloween, which is our usual time to go. We’re hoping to get a DVC room in the Contemporary…wish us luck.:sad:
Don’t get me wrong, I’m thrilled he is getting married but you know how postponing a much awaited and getting very close trip to The World is.[/QUOTE]

Bummer and ‘yes’ we know how awful it feels to have to postpone a Disney trip.
I would send him a letter pointing out his mistake and suggest that maybe a fall wedding in Vegas might be nicer and not quite as selfish as a wedding in spring :laugh:

Sorrry, I just couldn’t help myself.

I feel your pain honeypot!! we had been planning to take DD to Disney since she was 3…didnt make it till she was 5. First my brother was getting married, destination wedding in South Carolina (we are in PA)…so that was a week vacation right there. Then 6 months later my cousin was getting married and asked DD to be in her wedding as well…
Its tough havin a cute kid what can i say…Im thinking of renting her out as a ‘professional flowergirl’, she is experienced.:laugh:
Hang in there, you will make it to the best place on earth eventually.

Ugh! Well, we are happy for your brother and we are pulling for you to get into the Contempoary!!

The main thing is that you will be able to still go to WDW even if it is a bit later. We have been in the same boat having to postpone a trip before, it just helps buildup the excitement for it I think :slight_smile:

Sorry you had to reschedule for a later date…congrats to you brother.

Now, if you could only convince your brother to get married at WDW in the Spring…

I feel for you. We’re going through the same thing trying to find a good date for my dd’s wedding. We’re trying to please everyone - which of course means we’ll please no one.

The bride wants a “winter wonderland”
The groom wants the “Spring”
I want anything but next October because I have a trip planned with my best friend.
My sister wants a “resort” wedding in Cabo
My niece wants a “cruise” wedding
My MIL wants a 300 person extravaganza:pinch:
My oldest DD wants a WDW wedding
My DH wants them to elope to Vegas:glare: