Halloween Costumes - MNSSHP

Looking for suggestions…this is the first year we’ll be visiting WDW in the fall and plan to attend the MNSSHP. I’ve checked out previous threads and noticed that even adults can wear costumes. So, any suggestions for adult costumes? Things to avoid? Weather trends for October? And if I’m crazy for even thinking about a costume I’ll take that too.

Thanks in advance!!

Go for it. a Costume is a must and you will regret it if you don’t.

Ideas is not my strong point when it comes to this…
The weather is still warm in Oct’ so I would advise on a costume that will bee cool.

Something Disney appropriate. I have seen costumes on adults (mostly women) that are pretty slutty given the kid-friendly venue.

If you have a son or daughter I have seen people walking around the parks either cinderella as the mother and prince charming as the son
or prince charming as the father and cinderella as the son which i think is the cutest!!

i also like the toy story costumes!

We went as Pirates last year…it was hot so we were glad that we did not have heavy costumes on. Our costumes were easy to get on the rides with.

We did MNSSHP last Halloween night. All 5 of us dressed up and loved it. We were Spooky Mouseketeers. The writing on our shirts was a bloody font and the Mickey Mouse Logo on our backs was changed to be Mickey with the Haunted Mansion Ghosts. Bought DH navy shorts and all of us girls had navy school uniform skorts. We were comfortable and it was easy to do and packed easily.

Oh I love that! so good, and the font too- brilliant!

We always wear Halloween or Masquerade masks as carting costumes across the Atlantic is not feasible for us- but the costumes at the party are just amazing, on the whole good clean Disney fun- can’t say I’ve ever seen anything too inappropriate (except a young man who went as the Grim Reaper-bit too much for a kids Halloween party)

So yes you must dress up- let us know what you decide to go as too:happy:

[QUOTE=dixie;1076565]Oh I love that! so good, and the font too- brilliant!
[/QUOTE]

Thanks, Dixie.

I loved our costumes. They were simple but we got a lot of positive feedback and above all comfortable for everyone. They didn’t take up any room in the suitcases either. Since we were flying space was major consideration.

[QUOTE=simplytall;1076568]Thanks, Dixie.

I loved our costumes. They were simple but we got a lot of positive feedback and above all comfortable for everyone. They didn’t take up any room in the suitcases either. Since we were flying space was major consideration.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I may ‘borrow’ that idea from you:happy:

If you ever want to do that. let me know. I can give you the font name and I can email a copy of the back logo to print out for the shirts.

Did you print out and iron on the lettering/picture? Those are really cute err I mean spooky! :laugh:

Yep, I printed them on transfer paper and ironed them on. Super simple.

It can be rather warm. I don’t suggest a costume that’s heavy or hard to walk freely in.

DW and I grabbed a couple of cheap “Boo-ties” at a dollar store the year the did the Halloween party, and for some reason, they were a huge hit…we put absolutely zero thought into the idea, just figured we should have a little something on.

October weather is still very warm ~ it was in the 80s the one night DDs and I went.

We kept it simple, just some $5 tees from a discount store