Halloween Party?

If things turn around for my dh and I (going thru a tax mix up:mad:) we’re going to WDW in October. We’ve never been to a MNSSHP so we thought we’d try it. I know our TA will be on top of it, but we’re wondering about when the tickets go on sale so we can tell her a date ASAP. After seeing all of the pictures here, we knew we had to go. Oh, and would sure appreciate some pixie dust on that tax mix up. Not fun at all. :crying: Thanks.

Loretta, I’m sending a boat load of pixie dust that your tax situation works out quickly and in YOUR favor!!! That stinks. Make your tax preparer pay for your trip :ninja: .
No info on the MNSSHP 'cuz I’ve never been, but I hope it works out for you!

I believe I heard the dates for the MNSSHP are as follows:

Sept. 09 - 4,11,15,18,22,25,29

Oct. 09 - 1,2,6,8,9,12,13,15,18,20,22,23,25,27,29 & 31

I don’t think tickets are on sale yet, and range somewhere around $50.00?

My daughter and granddaughter went and had the time of there lives, lots of fun worth the money and lots and lots and lots of candy.:laugh:

Unique 1

I am looking forward to seein the Haunted Mansion all done up w/Jack Skeleton

If I remember correctly, they went on sale sometime in early June last year. I can’t say for sure, though. We had a fantastic time, and actually went twice! The characters they had out were some rare ones and my family is true character-stalkers, so it was a ton of fun for us. Plus, the parade is not to be missed - Haunted Mansion ghosts, Villians, pirates float, just amazing!

It is really great- Just don’t miss the parade… Get there EARLY for it… You will not want to miss it… It is really fun!

WDW or Disneyland???

Oh its a must do! we went last year (08) to the first MNSSHP of that year and if I remember correctly it was around September 5th. There were many dates to choose from and as all above have said the parade is something else!
We went to the first one ever many many years ago and it was only one night! and nowhere near as excellent as it is now-good but not as good as now-you’ll love it.

Though I’m sure we’ll enjoy the whole party, we’re most looking forward to the parade. Thanks for all the info and Sally, thanks for the pixie dust.:flowers:

Do they just hand out candy or is that and more? my girls are not big sweet eaters. Also, how fast do they sell out of tickets for it. I am hoping to be there on Halloween this year. my girls only have three days of school that week. I am in the process of trying to figure out how to afford the trip and how much it will take to make it happen.
thank you.

[QUOTE=zoomaster;942893]Do they just hand out candy or is that and more? my girls are not big sweet eaters. Also, how fast do they sell out of tickets for it. I am hoping to be there on Halloween this year. my girls only have three days of school that week. I am in the process of trying to figure out how to afford the trip and how much it will take to make it happen.
thank you.[/QUOTE]

From what I’ve noticed, the 31st sells out very fast. If you want to be there on Halloween, be sure to buy your tickets as soon as they become available. Welcome to MouseBuzz zoomaster. Glad you decide to join us. Have fun! :smile:

We have been to the Halloween party 3 times. It was well worth it. We loved it! My boys are not big on candy either but it was just the fun of trick or treating at Disney. But I wouldn’t recommend going on the 31st. I know that sounds weird but we never went on Oct 31st. I talked my friend into going to the Halloween party and she got tickets for the 31st and when she came back from her trip she had nothing good to say, I guess it was so crowded it wasn’t any fun. Of course going to a halloween party on halloween is supposed to be fun but going on an off night made it much more enjoyable for all of us.

P.S. If you go make sure you try to see the Headless Horseman. He was really cool.

Thank you all so much for the insite on the party. the bad thing is I may not know if we are going in time to get the tickets than or not. It all depends on how well tires start selling that we make at are factory. We have been shutting down one out of every four weeks so far this year and not sure what is going to happen before it picks up again. I have been enjoying reading and finding out different things so far about vacations at WDW.

Ok HELP what are the dates for the Halloween party nights this year? I know I seen them on there web site but can not find them now.

MNSSHP info-
September: 4, 11, 15, 18, 22, 25, 29, 2009
October: 1, 2, 6, 8, 9, 12, 13, 15, 18, 20, 22, 23, 25, 27, 29, 31, 2009

Tickets go on sale May 1, 2009
Hours: 7:00 p.m. – midnight, Parade at 8:15 and 10:30, Fireworks at 9:30

We were there for my sons birthday, he is born on Halloween 10/31 we had agreat time and I would love to do it again. I did just read on www.wdwnewstoday they posted the dates for the party. tickets do not go on sale till 5/1 hope this helps.

I will be buying our tickets for Oct 31 on May 1!

I’m going with my family in September and we’re definitely going for MNSSHP! Does anyone dress up?

Some people get really dressed up and other don’t at all. I suppose it’s what you are comfortable with. We never did just because it was something else we would have to pack. But we had just as much fun not being dressed up. Also it’s still pretty warm down there at that time. Being from NH I just couldn’t imagine putting a costume on in that warm weather.