Hannana Montana sang at MK today!

My brother just called me from Magic Kingdom to report that he is cooler than I am because he just watched Hannana Montana sing on the castle stage. I think he was really calling to rub it in that he is at Disney and I am not!!

He said the park is really busy today and they won’t allow you to walk down main street due to the Xmas parade taping. He said they made you walk behind the scenes and it was really trashy back there. I thought they would have made you walk through the stores and come out near Casey’s.

Huh interesting. I am glad they are filming the parade though…I love watching it!

Well, I guess they aren’t filming the “parade”, just the performances. Didn’t RR say that they were using the same “parade” as last year?

My daughter would have loved to see HM. We missed her by 1 day.

What!!! Is there a sit that tells you all this info!

That’s cool. Now did he actually get to watch her sing, or was it by invite-only?

Wow, as much as DD would love to have seen Hannah/Miley I am really glad we did not go today. I actually was trying to talk DH into it, sounds super crowded.

Apparently from what I understand there was reserved seating involved and my brother and his family were allowed to stand in the back at last minute or something like that. He had his DD on his shoulders and they made him take her down because of the cameras.

I saw her sing today when I was stationed at the tipboard. She sang “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.” It was exciting.
I also saw Regis and Kelly really close up when they came into City Hall. That was really exciting!! I was surprised by how short Regis is. :laugh:

Nope. Thing was not many people who were in the park knew she would be performing. We’re at the slow point for the next 2 weeks. Even though we did 2 Spectro parades tonight, wasn’t packed at all. You should’ve done yourself a favor and went to be part of history. :biggrin:

About 85% from last year. Some units did get re-filmed for whatever purposes, but really all the filming was the performances and Regis and Kelly’s reactions.

i really wished i was there. perhaps next year. is there a way to know when this goes on?

I think it is usually the 1st weekend in December.

I know he is short and Kelly is really tiny!! We won tickets to go see them do their show live from MK back in May 2005. One night on that trip we ran into Kelly and her family at the Hibachi place in Japan. She had all 3 kids on her lap as she was trying to eat. She could barely eat herself and take care of the kids. I had a totally new respect for her to see her in action as a mom. I was totally impressed!! She was so nice and even talked to me and DD when she walked by. I would never have recognized her if it wasn’t for her husband. She looked just like a plain Jane at Disney- tank top, capris, hair in a bun and NO MAKEUP!!

[QUOTE=johnkimv;911090]My brother just called me from Magic Kingdom to report that he is cooler than I am because he just watched Hannana Montana sing on the castle stage. I think he was really calling to rub it in that he is at Disney and I am not!!

He said the park is really busy today and they won’t allow you to walk down main street due to the Xmas parade taping. He said they made you walk behind the scenes and it was really trashy back there. I thought they would have made you walk through the stores and come out near Casey’s.[/QUOTE]

That was so lucky for him being there at the right time!- we once had to walk behind the scenes too down Main Street (due to overcrowding of the park) behind the ‘buidings’ and your brother is correct it is trashy and horrible behind the facade!!

Here is a link to the show! :happy:

Miley Cyrus: Santa Claus is Coming To Town! | Just Jared Jr. - JJJ

So, during the taping week…Is it really busy? (As busy as Christmas break?) We were there last New Year’s Eve…did the behind the scenes alternate route thing too. Very interesting views of the park.

Goodness no. Never. In my 5 years of Christmas at WDW I’ve NEVER seen a busy filming. Cause so many guests who come to the park that day never even know it’s going on until they’re in the park.