Happy Thanksgiving!

It’s certainly not busy on the board today, so I thought I would stop and wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving and if it applies—a Happy Thanksgivakkuh! :happy:

One of our most pleasant Thanksgiving memories was the year we left for WDW the morning after Thanksgiving…we were so excited all that Thursday. My DM, my DF and DD who was 6 way back when—20 years ago. Great memories…We attended the Christmas dinner and show at the Contemporary that year. If was fantastic.

I also want to say that I am thankful for being able financially and physically to go to WDW every couple of years…and I am also thankful for all the help that I have found here on Mousebuzz over the years.

I hope that you all have a great day with family and friends tomorrow…and those of you in Canada and the UK…have a great Thursday tomorrow as well!!

Lois :mickey:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1140205]

I also want to say that I am thankful for being able financially and physically to go to WDW every couple of years…and I am also thankful for all the help that I have found here on Mousebuzz over the years.

Lois :mickey:[/QUOTE]

Amen to that.

I’m busy baking. Made my first cheese cake. It got a little too brown, but it will still taste good. About to attempt a carrot cake. My sister always made me one for my birthday and since my birthday is tomorrow, I’m going to try using my sister’s recipes. When going thru the things at her house I found the handwritten recipe, you know the one with the stains and extra little notes that make it so special.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1140206]Amen to that.

I’m busy baking. Made my first cheese cake. It got a little too brown, but it will still taste good. About to attempt a carrot cake. My sister always made me one for my birthday and since my birthday is tomorrow, I’m going to try using my sister’s recipes. When going thru the things at her house I found the handwritten recipe, you know the one with the stains and extra little notes that make it so special.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.[/QUOTE]

…I know you will be successful Jo-jo…that is a special recipe indeed…and even if YOU don’t think it turns out perfect, it’s made with a lot of love carried with it… Have a good Thanksgiving.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! I’m up to my ears in pies! I have been given the title of official dessert baker for Thanksgiving and Christmas!

Happy Thanksgiving…carrot cake and cheese cake, Yum!!!

DD(11) made these little treats for dinner at my in-laws tomorrow. Tomorrow morning we’ll dip strawberries in white chocolate and roll in chocolate sprinkles. I’ve also made deviled eggs and still have to prepare my fancy green beans to take. I can’t wait to eat tomorrow.

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;1140209]Happy Thanksgiving…carrot cake and cheese cake, Yum!!!

DD(11) made these little treats for dinner at my in-laws tomorrow. Tomorrow morning we’ll dip strawberries in white chocolate and roll in chocolate sprinkles. I’ve also made deviled eggs and still have to prepare my fancy green beans to take. I can’t wait to eat tomorrow.[/QUOTE]
Adorable!!

[QUOTE=MickeyEars;1140209]Happy Thanksgiving…carrot cake and cheese cake, Yum!!!

DD(11) made these little treats for dinner at my in-laws tomorrow. Tomorrow morning we’ll dip strawberries in white chocolate and roll in chocolate sprinkles. I’ve also made deviled eggs and still have to prepare my fancy green beans to take. I can’t wait to eat tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

So cute. Are they stuck into brownies or is that chocolate frosting? Did you buy or make the eyes? Looks like a great grandkid project.

Their frosted brownies, the recipe called for cupcakes, but DD chose to do brownies instead. I bought the eyes from Hobby Lobby, they are in the cake decorating isle and are sold in containers like sprinkles.

How cute!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all-

Hope everyone is having a wonderful Thanksgiving. Having 20 people over this way in a couple hours. I’m at that point of “it is what it is.” Work is done, now need to enjoy. Is it too early to enjoy a nice glass of wine???

Thanksgiving will be interesting this year. My oldest DD is hosting for the first time so my DW and I only need to bring a dessert or two. Youngest DD brought the puppy so we have to puppy proof the house when we go over.

All in all should be fun.

We will have to see if this one beats the year we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Crystal Palace, now that was one for the books!

Happy Thanksgiving all,
Harry

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. I am thankful for so much but for a healthy, happy family most of all. We are truly blessed.

It would help if my Oakland Raiders actually show up to play a full football game today!!

All the best to everyone.

The carrot cake was great. Perhaps a tad too much frosting, but DH said there is no such thing as too much cream cheese frosting. My DS thought the PB cheese cake was the best thing I ever made. Guess that means he likes it.

Tomorrow DD and family comes over. We’ll be eating all the leftover veggies/ cheese and crackers/ deviled eggs along with cheese soup(Le Cellier recipe) for lunch. Then Pork tenderloin for dinner with all the left over desserts for everybody (11)

Saturday morning I said I would make breakfast for the crew, the rest of the meals they are on their own.

Sunday before they go home, it’s pizza. I’m cooked out.