Harry Potter Opening..June 18th

I am so annoyed! They are selling packages for late May and it is not open until June 18th! I just booked June 11-13 last night! Have to make sure to call at 8am to try and change it.

Funny, they have been advertising it opening in Spring. June 18th is already the start of summer vacations. I bet it will be packed.

Are you sure that is the real date the announcement isn’t suppose to be made till noon today?
Videos Posted by Universal Orlando Resort: Sneak Peek of Announcement - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter [HQ] | Facebook

I heard that the soft opening will be 3 weeks before. That would make it May 28th the day the packages start.

From Mugglenet

First, the release date. It was confirmed to us that the grand opening for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios will take place on June 18, 2010. This information was made available to fan sites first and will be announced at some point later today (March 25th). Interestingly, the Universal Orlando Resort has been offering vacation packages beginning May 28th, 2010 which offer admission to the park and breakfast in The Three Broomsticks. Two separate sources at Universal confirm that this vacation package, which is still available from Universal Orlando’s web-site and will continue to be available, is legitimate and will be honored. Those who opt to buy the vacation package and travel on May 28th will get what they’ve paid for. This means, technically, if you choose the package you will be among the first to visit and see the park.
Also confirmed by a Universal representative, the notion of a “soft open” or a preliminary period of the park being open to the public before the grand opening of June 18th is sound, but no specific dates are known at this time. So there will be opportunities for guests to access the park prior to the grand opening week, particularly by way of purchasing this “early access” vacation package mentioned above.

[QUOTE=missy131;1025578]Are you sure that is the real date the announcement isn’t suppose to be made till noon today?
Videos Posted by Universal Orlando Resort: Sneak Peek of Announcement - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter [HQ] | Facebook[/QUOTE]

The website said GRAND OPENING JUNE 18th

[QUOTE=missy131;1025578]Are you sure that is the real date the announcement isn’t suppose to be made till noon today?
Videos Posted by Universal Orlando Resort: Sneak Peek of Announcement - The Wizarding World of Harry Potter [HQ] | Facebook[/QUOTE]

It was leaked yesterday and it’s up on their site now. Harry Potter Home

Updated info from Mugglenet.

Universal has updated its Vacation Package page, which no longer allows purchasing the Potter vacation package as early as May 28th. The earliest available now is June 18th (the Grand Opening). If you purchased a Wizarding World vacation package, and it begins earlier than June 18th, your package will still be honored. Call Universal for more details.

Pictures
MuggleNet | The ULTIMATE Harry Potter Site

[QUOTE=2nd Star;1025579]I heard that the soft opening will be 3 weeks before. That would make it May 28th the day the packages start.

From Mugglenet[/QUOTE]

So if I had a reservation for June 11th, they would allow us to go to the Harry Potter stuff? Or not necessarily? I changed the weekend but I really would have preferred the original weekend we had booked.

Yes, it was booked already and they will honor it.

they changed the vacation package to start on june 18th and not may 28th. if you go look at the site. was the trip you booked the harry potter package? cause if you just booked a trip to universal then no they probably won’t let you have access to the hp stuff. BUT if they are like disney we rode toy story mania days before it officially opened. so hopefully they will have a soft opening while you are there. i plan on going starting in may in hopes of being there when some of the attractions are opened.:wub:

We had booked room only. Not the package. So then it would be a gamble as to whether we would be able to do the Harry Potter stuff or not. And I would hate to have spent all that money on tickets and hotel and not be able to do it. I guess we will keep our new plans of June 25th weekend . We had already cancelled our June 11th so we would be out of luck now even if they say it would have been honored. Guess I should have waited to cancel until the noon announcement.

i am guessing that if you had booked the whole harry potter package, then they would honor it. if you didn’t book it then they wouldn’t. but it’s a mute point now since you switched. i am sooooooo excited! i’ve been such a huge harry potter fan (hogwarts tattoo on my forearm huge lol)!

The announcement was on the Today Show this morning and they showed alot of live views. June 18 doesn’t surprise me, Universal is notoriously late in openings.

Behind the scenes footage
Videos Posted by Universal Orlando Resort: Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey First-Ever Details [HQ] | Facebook

Here’s a link to a People magazine article with a few more details.

Sneak Peek: What Fans Will Find at Universal Orlando’s World of Harry Potter - Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling : People.com

Facts about The Forbidden Journey. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter | Media

Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey Quick Facts

Storyline: As you venture through Hogwarts, you meet Harry, Ron and Hermione, who convince you to skip a planned lecture and follow them. Upon taking their advice you travel by Floo powder, and begin your adventure as you soar over Hogwarts, narrowly escape a dragon attack, have a close encounter with the Whomping Willow, get pulled into a Quidditch match and more.

First-ever combination of advanced robotic ride system technology with innovative, immersive filmmaking

Award-winning composer John Williams oversaw the creation of the attraction’s score

The queue includes the following Harry Potter book and film elements: Headmaster Dumbledore’s office, Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom, Gryffindor common room, Room of Requirement, and the greenhouse; talking portraits including the Fat Lady and the never-before-seen four founders: Godric Gryffindor, Salazar Slytherin, Helga Hufflepuff and Rowena Ravenclaw; the Sorting Hat, the One-Eyed Witch statue and the Mirror of Erised

Duration of ride: The full attraction experience, including the queue, takes about an hour

Number of scenes in the attraction: 12

Characters (featuring Harry Potter film talent): Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, Albus Dumbledore, Rubeus Hagrid and Draco Malfoy

You may also catch a glimpse of Fred and George Weasley, Ginny Weasley and Neville Longbottom

Sneak Peak from the Ellen show
Video of the Day: Ellen Experiences ‘The Wizarding World of Harry Potter’! - The Ellen DeGeneres Show

[QUOTE=2nd Star;1026913]Sneak Peak from the Ellen show
Video of the Day: Ellen Experiences ‘The Wizarding World of Harry Potter’! - The Ellen DeGeneres Show[/QUOTE]

That was excellent…what a great clip. Thank YOU for sharing it. :happy:

Thanks for sharing. I am looking forward to our net trip.

Did anyone see Celebrity Apprentice this week? It was all about Harry Potter world too. The cameras went all through Universal with the contestants.