Has anybody visited the week of May 27-June 2?

I am wondering if anyone can tell me what the parks are like at this time of year. How about the weather? Do parks close for special events like graduation and such?

We were there a couple of years ago June 1st and 2nd, I believe. It coincided with Gay Days, but that was really no big problem. Just go to a different park than the one they have scheduled to avoid the crowds. Weather was perfect though. Mid 80’s and blue skys.

We were there the week after and caught the last few days of Gay Days. Weather was great and I don’t recall any early closings. Grad Night is usually in April but that too didn’t affect anything really.

We’ve been there twice during that time. One time the weather was beautiful and the crowds were low and the other time it was HOT and the CMs were all talking about how crowded the resorts and parks were. We’re hoping to go back during that time next year and we’re hoping for low crowds and cooler weather.

I have been there during the week after, and typically it is hot (90’s) and can be crowded… If you are there the first weekend in June, it is during gay days. Not a problem, but I did have a funny experience in The Country Bear Jamboree with a bunch of red shirted people. If that bothers you, just avoid their days for each particular park, and you will see no one.

I would go back during that time next year, if I could…

I think that the crowds have been much stronger towards the middle of June when more schools start getting out of school… I remember seeing it build slightly, but crowds were very manageable… Go, and have fun!

love your avatar

Thanks, I have had it a long time… and I do not think I could change it… I love Gus Gus (as we call him in our house…)

It can be REALLY hot and humid. Keep in mind that may well be memorial day weekend too and anytime kids are out of school…

Well, living in South Florida, our weather is very much the same as Orlando at that time of year, and let’s face it, we’re moving into summer and the temps are into the 90’s and humid as all get out. Rain chance is also greatly increased, but usually, that rain is only the late day/sunset variety, but it can also be all day events.
Crowds aren’t too bad, most schools still haven’t let out, but there would naturally be a swell of guests over Memorial Day weekend.
Oh yeah, and those rains can also be so bad that all evening fireworks and parades get cancelled. May 25 last year is a perfect example of this as was June 13.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1050010]Well, living in South Florida, our weather is very much the same as Orlando at that time of year, and let’s face it, we’re moving into summer and the temps are into the 90’s and humid as all get out. Rain chance is also greatly increased, but usually, that rain is only the late day/sunset variety, but it can also be all day events.
Crowds aren’t too bad, most schools still haven’t let out, but there would naturally be a swell of guests over Memorial Day weekend.
Oh yeah, and those rains can also be so bad that all evening fireworks and parades get cancelled. May 25 last year is a perfect example of this as was June 13.[/QUOTE]

Well, I’ll rule out end of May because of Memorial day crowds and weather. What about this time of year - September? What can I expect, say, September 10 next fall?

Does it matter what time of May you can go??

We always went the from like the 10th-22nd of May and the weather is absolutely beautiful and crowds are VERY manageable. Longest wait was about 20-30 minutes without FP. Anything longer, we got a FP. And, always got the times we wanted with ADR’s.

Temps were mid 80’s during the day and 70’s at night. The only time we ran into really hot weather was last year, in the 90’s.

[QUOTE=hiner;1050020]Does it matter what time of May you can go??

We always went the from like the 10th-22nd of May and the weather is absolutely beautiful and crowds are VERY manageable. Longest wait was about 20-30 minutes without FP. Anything longer, we got a FP. And, always got the times we wanted with ADR’s.

Temps were mid 80’s during the day and 70’s at night. The only time we ran into really hot weather was last year, in the 90’s.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. We were looking at the free dining and the only week they had was between May 25 and June 2 or something like that. Otherwise we would definitely be looking at early May.

My favorite time that we have gone is in September. We went the last week of September in 2004, and it was great! The temperatures were still pretty warm, but it wasn’t miserable, and the crowds were very low. We walked on to almost everything, and if we did have to wait it was 15 minutes or less. I hope we get to go back during that time again someday.

Just want to say…So glad you may be able to move up your return day by a YEAR, how cool is that! :happy:

Ps.
Been in early May and it is a great time to go, but I know this does not help you out for free dining…September room rates I believe are cheaper then May so even more of a savings(sp?). We were planning on going over my childrens Easter/Spring break next year but then when they came out with free dining and we would be going from peak season to value season and it was $1658.01 saving we choosed August instead. Yes it is going to be Hot but we could not pass that savings up!:happy: Good luck to you