Has anyone being able to do this?

While looking at another site :whistling, a mom and 18 yr old daughter went to prime time and order kid’s meals. Got charged the kids price. I know people report doing this at CS with no problem, but at a table service? I’m not asking if this is right or wrong, just if you were able.

If you are not on a dining plan and paying out of pocket, I can’t see why would not be able to do it or why they would care if you did. It may become complicated on a dining plan though.

I’m sure you can but there may be some servers or restaurants who may tell you no but I bet most places don’t have a problem with it. That said, I’ve looked at a lot of the menus for kids and there’s very little that sounds good to me.

I was just thinking if the menu said “under 10” or something, if server would give you a hard time.

I just surprise they could do it. I thought I read someplace if an adult wanted a kids meal, the price and portion size was both increased.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1139560]I was just thinking if the menu said “under 10” or something, if server would give you a hard time.

I just surprise they could do it. I thought I read someplace if an adult wanted a kids meal, the price and portion size was both increased.[/QUOTE]

I have never heard that.

Ditto to that. Kids menus, other then the QSD options, really aren’t all that attractive.

There have been a few times DW has ordered the child’s meal, both quick serve and sit down. So long as you’re paying out of pocket, there is no discussion.
Many times an adult isn’t that hungry and wants a smaller portion, i.e. the child’s meal.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1139571]There have been a few times DW has ordered the child’s meal, both quick serve and sit down. So long as you’re paying out of pocket, there is no discussion.
Many times an adult isn’t that hungry and wants a smaller portion, i.e. the child’s meal.[/QUOTE]

That’s interesting. There some places you might want to try but don’t want to sink 50 - 60 dollars into it. Or I suppose in that case, one could go and just order an appetizer.

…some of our restaurants around this area are combining Senior Citizens meals and kids meals…Smaller portions…smaller price. …but that only works when the kids meal are more than chicken nuggets or a PB&J!!

I personally think that if that’s all a person wants to eat…then why not let anyone purchase a kids meal? Sometimes a person only wants to eat an appetizer…and that’s all they order… What’s the difference?

BTW…I know many people who buy a Happy Meal…that’s all they want! No one stops them or makes them prove they have a child!

Good discussion…:happy:

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139573]…some of our restaurants around this area are combining Senior Citizens meals and kids meals…Smaller portions…smaller price. …but that only works when the kids meal are more than chicken nuggets or a PB&J!!

I personally think that if that’s all a person wants to eat…then why not let anyone purchase a kids meal? Sometimes a person only wants to eat an appetizer…and that’s all they order… What’s the difference?

BTW…I know many people who buy a Happy Meal…that’s all they want! No one stops them or makes them prove they have a child!

Good discussion…:happy:[/QUOTE]

Funny you mention this. I have been known to get an occasional Happy Meal:blush:

:happy:

My DH used to get the Burger King kids meals twenty years ago…because they had the Beauty and the Beast toys!!! I think his coworkers used to laugh at him but he was a good Dad…

Sometimes you just need a smaller portion

Has anyone ever been questioned about ordering a QS kids meal at WDW?

I think ordering a QS child’s meal no one would bat an eye. Who knows if you have a child elsewhere. But at a TS, unless said child is under tha e table, I would have thought the server would have looked at you funny.

I did look at few menus and some of them go beyond the chicken nuggets/pizza/ plain pasta/P&J meal.

l could be happy with this at le cellier.

Grilled Chicken - Grilled Chicken with Brown Rice, Green Beans, and Fresh Fruit Salad with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small Dasani Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitution $13.00

There are a few places that I’d like to go, but don’t want to spend gobs of money.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1139588]I think ordering a QS child’s meal no one would bat an eye. Who knows if you have a child elsewhere. But at a TS, unless said child is under tha e table, I would have thought the server would have looked at you funny.

I did look at few menus and some of them go beyond the chicken nuggets/pizza/ plain pasta/P&J meal.

l could be happy with this at le cellier.

Grilled Chicken - Grilled Chicken with Brown Rice, Green Beans, and Fresh Fruit Salad with choice of Small Lowfat Milk or Small Dasani Water. Meets Disney Nutrition Guidelines for Complete Meals without substitution $13.00

There are a few places that I’d like to go, but don’t want to spend gobs of money.[/QUOTE]

…that does sound good!!!

Sometimes it’s better to order a couple appetizers, beverages, and desserts instead of doing the full meal. Of course, check the All Ears menus to be sure you like what they offer.

[QUOTE=smallworld;1139573]

Good discussion…:happy:[/QUOTE]

I have a wife that orders Happy Meals because she doesn’t want a bigger burger. We’ve never had any problem. A restaurant is smart to sell adults a kid’s meal rather than lose a family of 4 if they don’t want to eat heavy.
Small profit is better than lost income.

Speaking of interesting meals, here’s one from the California Grill:

Grilled Beef Tenderloin $18.00
Entree: Grilled beef tenderloin with baby steamed carrots and crushed sweet potatoes, and ketchup sauce
Dessert: Seasonal Fruit Kabobs with freshly made yogurt dip

Sure, it says guests under 9, but do you really think they’re going to argue, especially if you want an adult dessert and are willing to pay for it.

Sharon has been known to order a kids meal at times… i think I have been more embarrassed for her than she is… wait staff have never batted an eye lash about it.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1139571]There have been a few times DW has ordered the child’s meal, both quick serve and sit down. So long as you’re paying out of pocket, there is no discussion.
Many times an adult isn’t that hungry and wants a smaller portion, i.e. the child’s meal.[/QUOTE]
That has been our experience. DW and DD (18) both order from the kid’s menus at times. No issues at all.

Has anyone ever been questioned about ordering a QS kids meal at WDW?[/QUOTE]

I used to order a QS kids meal pretty much all of the time while at WDW and no one ever questioned or looked at me funny. Sometimes a kids meal is sufficient for an appetite.

I am also a fan of the Happy Meal!! :blush: